Author Topic: How many Guns do you need ?  (Read 1728 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: How many Guns do you need ?
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
I guess you aren`t too clear of the role of the ATF either.  There are plenty of laws on a state and Federal level that guard against stockpiling of weapons automatic and regular.  I found it interesting when they raided Blackwater  ;)

ATF raids Blackwater armory, seizes automatic weapons
Buzz up!
Like this story? Share it with Yahoo! Buzz

Federal agents raided a Blackwater armory Tuesday and seized 34 automatic rifles that the company purchased and stored on behalf of a local law enforcement agency, the Associated Press reports.

Anne Tyrrell, a Blackwater spokeswoman, tells AP that ATF agents searched the Moyock, N.C., facility. The raid came after reports on a deal in which the company paid for weapons that were registered in the name of the Camden County, N.C., Sheriff's Office.

"The 2005 agreements gives the sheriff's office unlimited access to the weapons, including 17 Romanian AK-47s and 17 Bushmasters," the wire service says. "But [Sheriff Tony] Perry said his department has only used the AK-47s in shooting practice at Blackwater and that none of his 19 deputies are qualified to use them."

Federal law prohibits private companies or individuals from purchasing automatic weapons.

U are a cut and paste master aren't u.  The ATF???..the same ATF under Janet Chewbacca Reno that wiped out Ruby ridge and held an MP-5 to a kids' head. U can purchase and automatic...u need a license.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2009, 12:50:15 PM »
Great - the Obama followers want to empower the ATF to destroy the second amendment.

How did WACO and Ruby Ridge work out for them????
My view on guns is let whatever be legal until it presents a problem.  If there is enough evidence and statistics to constitute a widespread threat to another citizens life or liberty, then the weapon in question should be put under review and corrective action enforced.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 12:51:14 PM »
U are a cut and paste master aren't u.  The ATF???..the same ATF under Janet Chewbacca Reno that wiped out Ruby ridge and held an MP-5 to a kids' head. U can purchase and automatic...u need a license.
The laws regarding automatics and guns vary state by state and in some instances city by city or even county by county.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 12:56:48 PM »
I know dude, thanks for the lecture...I own plenty of weapons. I've fired everything from a 9mm to a 120mm smoothbore.  I am well aware of all the laws and hold a concealed carry permit in  3 states. People like me aren't the threat, its douchebags who steal weapons and commit crimes.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 12:58:08 PM »
My view on guns is let whatever be legal until it presents a problem.  If there is enough evidence and statistics to constitute a widespread threat to another citizens life or liberty, then the weapon in question should be put under review and corrective action enforced.

Automatic weapons are already banned. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
I know dude, thanks for the lecture...I own plenty of weapons. I've fired everything from a 9mm to a 120mm smoothbore.  I am well aware of all the laws and hold a concealed carry permit in  3 states. People like me aren't the threat, its douchebags who steal weapons and commit crimes.
Just curious....In your opinion, are there any guns that the military has, civilians should not have? And have you ever fired an OICW? If so What was it like?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
An OICW..well i picked one up at the Armor Conference at FT Knox some years ago. They shit canned the program as far as I know. I liked the submachinegun deal that was detachable.  I don't think u need access to crew served weapons. I am by far not a gun nut..but I love 1911's.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
You don't think impeding our second amendment right which in turn takes a check off of the government is a bigger threat to our security Adonis?

???
S

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »
You don't think impeding our second amendment right which in turn takes a check off of the government is a bigger threat to our security Adonis?

???
There has to be a line drawn at what type of weapons are to be legal.  We wouldn`t want street gangs, for instance more powerful than they already are, or roving Private Armies with destructive capabilities rivaling our National Defense.  For instance we do not want a William Walker- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Walker_(soldier)  Or an Edward Doheny with a private army.  Or a Hearst threatening to invade Mexico with a personal army, subverting the United States federal authority.

If you want to be a purist about it, which I am not, you could state that in order to follow the second ammendment in its purest form is to examine the firearm technology when the ammendment was written and apply that anything available in that time frame is the only that should be legal now.  That is the complete purists view which I do not agree with.

My view on guns is let whatever be legal, handguns and rifles, until it presents a problem.  If there is enough evidence and statistics to constitute a widespread threat to another citizens life or liberty, then the weapon in question should be put under review and corrective action enforced.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 04:30:31 PM »
If u get hit by a .45 ur going down..regardless of where u get hit.

not always.  My brother shot a man in the stomach, an inch off the belly button, with a 45 acp hollow point.

bullet mushroomed and lodged in the guys spine.  he spun around, ran out of the store, and 100 feet to a getaway car.  He rode in a car 3 hours to miami, where he got surgery and was back on his feet (with a messed up left side/nerve damage) in 2 days. 

They found blood and some gut content (shit or whatever) on the ground.  He didn't fall tho.  Probably jacked up on god knows what drugs.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 04:48:48 PM »
There has to be a line drawn at what type of weapons are to be legal.  We wouldn`t want street gangs, for instance more powerful than they already are, or roving Private Armies with destructive capabilities rivaling our National Defense.  For instance we do not want a William Walker- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Walker_(soldier)  Or an Edward Doheny with a private army.  Or a Hearst threatening to invade Mexico with a personal army, subverting the United States federal authority.

If you want to be a purist about it, which I am not, you could state that in order to follow the second ammendment in its purest form is to examine the firearm technology when the ammendment was written and apply that anything available in that time frame is the only that should be legal now.  That is the complete purists view which I do not agree with.

My view on guns is let whatever be legal, handguns and rifles, until it presents a problem.  If there is enough evidence and statistics to constitute a widespread threat to another citizens life or liberty, then the weapon in question should be put under review and corrective action enforced.

Really where do u find this crap.....nobody is running around threatening to invade with a private army. And please don't mention Blackwater or Dynacorp or Triple Canopy. They don't operate like that.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 05:08:31 PM »
Really where do u find this crap.....nobody is running around threatening to invade with a private army. And please don't mention Blackwater or Dynacorp or Triple Canopy. They don't operate like that.
Of course they are not, but we still use past precedents to create future laws.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
Nuff said.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2009, 06:33:09 PM »
Indeed.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
good thread interesting posts
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2009, 06:44:55 PM »
Yes, indeed.  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 08:27:01 PM »
Yes, indeed.  ::)

Your attempt to make fun of my Jewish heritage is pointless.

Bharper

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 09:58:44 PM »
2nd Amendment - A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Here are some quotes about the right to bear arms and why it was included in the Constitution
“-The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. “ Thomas Jefferson
“-The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms” Samuel Adams
“-Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion... in private self-defense.” John Adams
“-Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” George Washington
“-The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good. “ George Washington
“-A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country.” James Madison

Here is a little "poem" about the 2nd ammendment

First came the ban on automatic assault weapons,
I did not speak up,
Because I didn't need such a weapon.

Then came the ban on “assault” weapons and “assault” ammunition,
Again I remained silent,
For I had no quarrels with anyone.

Next came the ban on pistols and newly made rifles,
I kept my mouth shut,
This made no difference as I already owned these.

Finally martial law was declared because of an “Act of terror”;
A new constitution was forged, severely limiting rights of individuals;
Gone was the right of freedom of speech, free press, the right to own property, and the right to bear arms;
Gone was Habeas Corpus and the right to a speedy, just, fair trial;

Gone were our Republics, Commonwealths, States and our Democracy,
It was already too late to speak up because we had no worthy guns with which to fight
Only when the government took actions against The People, did I truly understand the reasoning for the Second Amendment:

Encroachment upon one is an encroachment upon all.