Author Topic: If you get hurt, you should try ACTIVE RELEASE therapy  (Read 8623 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If you get hurt, you should try ACTIVE RELEASE therapy
« on: March 03, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
I just had my first, and perhaps only session of active release therapy for a a strained tendon in the shuolder.  It was painful.  They used a combination of electritity, movement, and of course massage to deliver a "dynamic" massage.  I feel zero pain at the moment.  I may return next week if pain returns.  Fingers crossed.  I have green light to lift again.

www.activerelease.com if you ever need it. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: If you get hurt, you should try ACTIVE RELEASE therapy
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:26:31 PM »
I just had my first, and perhaps only session of active release therapy for a a strained tendon in the shuolder.  It was painful.  They used a combination of electritity, movement, and of course massage to deliver a "dynamic" massage.  I feel zero pain at the moment.  I may return next week if pain returns.  Fingers crossed.  I have green light to lift again.

Rob this is the second time you posted this , are they a client?

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

good luck to you Rob.  get well, take the time & rest / recoup so you could get back to liftin'.... best wishes my freind.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »
Rob this is the second time you posted this , are they a client?

nope.  last time i posted it, it was before I went in.  A lot of ppl asked me to tell them my experience.  www.activerelease.com is some nationwide database.  you type in your zip code and it gives you a doctor in your area who is trained in active release therapy.

max rep, milos, and other recommended it to me, and i was very happy with it.  If you have a nagging injury or just something new, you may want to look into it.  My main doctor was pretty worthless.  "Look like a sprain or a strain.  Take a lot of advil, and I can get you harder painkillers if you want them..."  This guy used electricity to make certain muscles twitch, some sonogram machine to read something they did, and was able to outright tell me the problem.   

I'd recommend you find an active release doc in your area if you do get injured. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 12:36:57 PM »
nope.  last time i posted it, it was before I went in.  A lot of ppl asked me to tell them my experience.  www.avtiverelease.com is some nationwide database.  you type in your zip code and it gives you a doctor in your area who is trained in active release therapy.

max rep, milos, and other recommended it to me, and i was very happy with it.  If you have a nagging injury or just something new, you may want to look into it.  My main doctor was pretty worthless.  "Look like a sprain or a strain.  Take a lot of advil, and I can get you harder painkillers if you want them..."  This guy used electricity to make certain muscles twitch, some sonogram machine to read something they did, and was able to outright tell me the problem.   

I'd recommend you find an active release doc in your area if you do get injured. 

No kidding, sounds interesting

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 12:48:09 PM »
nope.  last time i posted it, it was before I went in.  A lot of ppl asked me to tell them my experience.  www.activerelease.com is some nationwide database.  you type in your zip code and it gives you a doctor in your area who is trained in active release therapy.

LOL. Like Pep Boys. Let me guess: It was a busted tail pipe?   ;D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 01:22:13 PM »
I eat the eye's of small children for breakfast.
from incomplete data

Mons Venus

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 01:24:28 PM »
LOL. Like Pep Boys. Let me guess: It was a busted tail pipe?   ;D

LOL ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 01:25:03 PM »
.  "Look like a sprain or a strain.  Take a lot of advil, and I can get you harder painkillers if you want them..." 

That's my kind of Doctor :D

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 03:33:47 PM »
This sounds similar to what I had last week. I had back pain from an injury almost a year ago and I haven't been able to train consistently since. I had electrodes put on the muscles and after it when I stood up the pain was gone and my back was mobile again. I could barely believe it. I've been back training a week and it still feels great

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
how is it now?

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
how is it now?

Me? I'll answer anyway  :P

My back still feels great. Getting stronger every day  :)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »
Me? I'll answer anyway  :P

My back still feels great. Getting stronger every day  :)

lol sure you too.  How about you 240?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
sorry - I missed this link

it's incredible.  I still have a litttttle bit of an ache when I've kept the left shoulder flexed and elevated (playing bass in 55 degree air for 4 straught hours).  A small amount of stretching usually stops the ache.

The rest of the time, it is back to normal.  I throw in rotator cuff movements 4-5 times a week with 2 pound or no weight.  Wow, those were probably the most painful 6 weeks of my life... just a constant burning and aching, every minute I was awake.  I thank God it's better now.  i can't recommend ART enough for others as well. 

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »

Sounds great.  Listen, I've got a bridge for sale in Brooklyn...you can set up your own toll booth and make a fortune.
(

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »
sorry - I missed this link

it's incredible.  I still have a litttttle bit of an ache when I've kept the left shoulder flexed and elevated (playing bass in 55 degree air for 4 straught hours).  A small amount of stretching usually stops the ache.

The rest of the time, it is back to normal.  I throw in rotator cuff movements 4-5 times a week with 2 pound or no weight.  Wow, those were probably the most painful 6 weeks of my life... just a constant burning and aching, every minute I was awake.  I thank God it's better now.  i can't recommend ART enough for others as well. 

Rob, could we please get an update?  I have a shoulder prob as well (I can't sleep on my left side etc) and a massage helped it but didn't fix it. 
R

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 05:52:13 PM »

yeah but you're the guy that was complaining about DOMS.....

you're credibility concerning pain is pretty much shot around here !

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 11:46:14 PM »

yeah but you're the guy that was complaining about DOMS.....

you're credibility concerning pain is pretty much shot around here !

:) 

It's still great today stella.  I feel a little bit of something after a heavy shoulder workout.  But it's good now.  It was 6 weeks of just nonstop throbbing all day, every day.  I still swear by the ART.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 02:59:49 PM »
:) 

It's still great today stella.  I feel a little bit of something after a heavy shoulder workout.  But it's good now.  It was 6 weeks of just nonstop throbbing all day, every day.  I still swear by the ART.

Thank you!   Did you just have the one appointment?

R