Author Topic: "Happy wife, happy life" ~ words to live by  (Read 6135 times)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
"Happy wife, happy life" ~ words to live by
« on: March 09, 2009, 11:37:42 AM »
My friends think I'm a pansy, but this year will mark my 10 year annivesary.  Yeah I was stubborn early on in our marriage, but I learned.   Funny thing is the same dbags that criticize my stance later ask me for relationship advice.  Now, I'm only good at my relationship with my wife, but I think in general "happy wife, happy life" is a no-brainer.   Yeah, it sounds gay, but the more I give (in) the more I get back in return....good return on my investment.  So I take the extra couple minutes and hang up the bathroom towels, change out the tp roll, refill the antibacterial containers, load (AND unload) the dishwasher, take my big ass shoes off in the entry way before gettin on the carpet, sack up the trash and take it out outside, wash/dry/fold/hang some clothes up,.....it's the little things that make the difference.   I'll make the coffee on the weekends and bring her a cup (sometimes), I watch Housewives of Orange County and the The Hills with her and I don't insist on holdin the remote 24/7.  I'll take her shopping to a buncha retarded stores I don't give a shit about and hold a pile of clothes outside the dressing room while she checks her ass in the mirror for 45 minutes.  I let her punch the crap outta my arm when I make fun of her family (they really are a collection of dumbasses LOL!!!).   

That's it....happy wife, happy life........until I find a younger, bustier replacement with an insatiable apetite for fellatio.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: "Happy wife, happy life" ~ words to live by
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »
official notice to revoke mancard is in the mail.

although the last statement gets you close tojunior man status again

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:10:55 AM »
My friends think I'm a pansy, but this year will mark my 10 year annivesary.  Yeah I was stubborn early on in our marriage, but I learned.   Funny thing is the same dbags that criticize my stance later ask me for relationship advice.  Now, I'm only good at my relationship with my wife, but I think in general "happy wife, happy life" is a no-brainer.   Yeah, it sounds gay, but the more I give (in) the more I get back in return....good return on my investment.  So I take the extra couple minutes and hang up the bathroom towels, change out the tp roll, refill the antibacterial containers, load (AND unload) the dishwasher, take my big ass shoes off in the entry way before gettin on the carpet, sack up the trash and take it out outside, wash/dry/fold/hang some clothes up,.....it's the little things that make the difference.   I'll make the coffee on the weekends and bring her a cup (sometimes), I watch Housewives of Orange County and the The Hills with her and I don't insist on holdin the remote 24/7.  I'll take her shopping to a buncha retarded stores I don't give a shit about and hold a pile of clothes outside the dressing room while she checks her ass in the mirror for 45 minutes.  I let her punch the crap outta my arm when I make fun of her family (they really are a collection of dumbasses LOL!!!).   

That's it....happy wife, happy life........until I find a younger, bustier replacement with an insatiable apetite for fellatio.

Great post until the last sentence lol

R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:03:59 AM »
Great post until the last sentence lol

you are such a chick, sheesh

:-*

cl

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 02:01:35 PM »
you are not a pansy.... if you love your wife and like to spend time with her ...there is not a thing wrong with what you do.... I do basically the same thing and you are correct a happy wife, a happy life and a better sex life too... y wife is also my best friend so I think that makes a big difference and she also does her share of nice things too its give and take ... I also still open doors hold her hand etc its just being a gentlemen and showing you appreciate and respect her... and if you treat her right she will treat u right... hell women are some things special and should be treated as such.... and they smell betterthan men too.....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »

You had me until that last sentence
w

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 11:51:09 AM »
Nice post. What I would give to find a woman without any issues, and actually like her too.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 12:13:53 PM »
To be doing all that stuff and still wanting for fellatio is silly. :)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
Nice post. What I would give to find a woman without any issues, and actually like her too.

There are no women without any issues to be found.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2009, 05:18:25 PM »
I take my last reply back MOS.  Do what you have to do to keep her happy.  It's about give and take and often times we take so much more than we give back.

Sangreal

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2009, 07:45:27 PM »
You sound like a good catch  :-*

I'm happy for her.

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2009, 11:42:45 PM »

I couldn't agree more.  We haven't been married quite as long as you, but my experience is exactly the same.  Though I gotta keep my distance on that "Orange County Housewives" thing... ;D ;D

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 05:24:02 AM »
People are responsible for their own happiness.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 06:52:40 AM »
A Guy friend of mines motto about marriage is...
"I can be right or I can be happy"
Just Bad Bad Blood!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 08:46:27 AM »
A Guy friend of mines motto about marriage is...
"I can be right or I can be happy"

Isn't that wimpy?

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 02:14:19 PM »
Isn't that wimpy?

I think so or it could be smart. 
Depending on what side of the nag your on.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 02:23:06 PM »
I think so or it could be smart. 
Depending on what side of the nag your on.

Nags get have no side.

I've been around a while and have never met someone special enough to justify dealing with their being a pain in the butt.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 02:27:27 PM »
I beleive that you need to do what is best in the relationship.  If putting down the seat makes her happy do it.  if she wnats you to call her more, do it.  It's not worth dealing with the repercussions(sp) because some basic manners and listening to her needs wasn't done

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 02:36:20 PM »
I beleive that you need to do what is best in the relationship.  If putting down the seat makes her happy do it.  if she wnats you to call her more, do it.  It's not worth dealing with the repercussions(sp) because some basic manners and listening to her needs wasn't done

Stella can edit this if she likes but I'm too afraid of stupid children to be with someone that isn't smart enough to work a toilet seat.

Doing little things makes sense but it depends on what the pattern is. I'd rather be alone than listen to anyone nag about trivial stuff.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 03:03:29 PM »
Stella can edit this if she likes but I'm too afraid of stupid children to be with someone that isn't smart enough to work a toilet seat.

Doing little things makes sense but it depends on what the pattern is. I'd rather be alone than listen to anyone nag about trivial stuff.

Looking back at MOS' post to me those are little things, and if it were to make my wife happy then I would do it. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »
Migsy,

It doesn't seem we're comparing apples with apples.

Helping around the house is natural different than saying "you can either be right or happy". The right/happy people are doormats.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »
I'm always wrong about stuff, so i concede.  you are right, we are on different pages.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 03:19:39 PM »
I'm always wrong about stuff, so i concede.  you are right, we are on different pages.

I'm all about doing one's fair share in a relationship.

My wimp comments were regarding OS's friend's way of keeping the wife happy.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »
i agree with this, it's not about "being a REAL man" and all that bullshit, it's about the basic rule of treating people the way you want to be treated, male or female.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 04:36:22 PM »
btw Gentlemen - there are no such things as "little things".
Just Bad Bad Blood!