Author Topic: Pro World Germany contest posponed until 2010  (Read 5215 times)

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
Re: Pro World Cup contest postponed until 2010
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 04:04:48 AM »
The IFBB is just a joke - supposingly cancelling their biggest show in Europe cos of Economic reasons?

I call bullshit, just an excuse as they have had a rethink and probably cant be arsed. This show will sink and never be heard of again - just wait for the next excuse, its right around the corner.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 05:23:54 AM »
What other reason OTHER than economics, would there be?

If a show can be put on the schedule, and make money, or even break even in the first year or two...then it's viable.  There are many factors given to a show getting the green light...especially when it's in Europe. In this case, the economic status currently makes it an impossibility this year.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 05:30:23 AM »
Finally, this will be a MAJOR exposure for Pro bodybuilding

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 06:25:37 AM »

If a show can be put on the schedule, and make money, or even break even in the first year or two...then it's viable.  There are many factors given to a show getting the green light...especially when it's in Europe. In this case, the economic status currently makes it an impossibility this year.

why the poorest part of Germany and so close to the poorest countries in europe...hungary, estonia, latvia, shithole poland, etc.  i mean come mon...who did that business plan?  ok a german drug company, right?

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 06:44:34 AM »
"Since taking over Weider Publications and Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend in 2004, AMI has been dedicated to expanding bodybuilding not only in the United States, but across the world," AMI Chairman, President and CEO David Pecker said.

What a lie.  Since taking over, AMI has done everything they could to kill bodybuilding outside the US. 

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 07:01:54 AM »

Chick, you cant just look at a business plan for 1-2 years. My understanding of this show was threefold.
 a) To increase the marquee value and brand name of the IFBB in europe.

b) To expose IFBB Athletes to a potentialy new market and thus considerably increase their earning potential/fanbase in Europe.

c) To reward exsisting european fans and thus bring in new fans to bodybuilding (IFBB) in a market that has seen scant pro shows and top IFBB Pros in recent years.

While I understand the economic constraints around this show may make it difficult to put on, sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate. The cancellation of this show does not do the IFBB any good in the Fans/Sponsers or Athletes eyes and shows IMO a lack of business foresight rather than the whole perspective over the next 5 -10 years. Couple that with an underbelly attitude of fuck the fans who have booked tickets/time off work etc and perhaps you can see my point.

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 07:28:47 AM »
Pecker does not give a flying .... about the fans bob

Its all about the mighty dollar.

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 10:24:55 AM »
Chick, you cant just look at a business plan for 1-2 years. My understanding of this show was threefold.

b) To expose IFBB Athletes to a potentialy new market and thus considerably increase their earning potential/fanbase in Europe.

c) To reward exsisting european fans and thus bring in new fans to bodybuilding (IFBB) in a market that has seen scant pro shows and top IFBB Pros in recent years.

While I understand the economic constraints around this show may make it difficult to put on, sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate. The cancellation of this show does not do the IFBB any good in the Fans/Sponsers or Athletes eyes and shows IMO a lack of business foresight rather than the whole perspective over the next 5 -10 years. Couple that with an underbelly attitude of fuck the fans who have booked tickets/time off work etc and perhaps you can see my point.

you speak of Europe as a colony

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »
you speak of Europe as a colony

:D

Hi Pecker

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »
sorry english sucks  ;D ;D

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 04:06:19 PM »

Bump for TRUTH.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2009, 04:22:48 PM »
There is no answer to bump for...already explained it.

People can speculate all they want...if it was economically viable this year, we would have kept it on the schedule....speculating about what it might/ would/ could do in 3-5 years is ridiculous

donation

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2009, 04:39:36 PM »
bodybuilding isn't as popular as you pretend it to be

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »
There is no answer to bump for...already explained it.

People can speculate all they want...if it was economically viable this year, we would have kept it on the schedule....speculating about what it might/ would/ could do in 3-5 years is ridiculous

Chick - Surely you must agree that any business organisation needs to have, short term/Medium term/long term business plans. Any organisation that does not is fundementaly flawed. While i take on board your point about the financial motives this year for not putting the show on IMHO this decision may well hurt this show in future years.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:07 PM »
Chick - Surely you must agree that any business organisation needs to have, short term/Medium term/long term business plans. Any organisation that does not is fundementaly flawed. While i take on board your point about the financial motives this year for not putting the show on IMHO this decision may well hurt this show in future years.

It may be  hurt more by a loss of 300K instead of simply taking a step back and making it a successful venture for the present as well as the future.....next year

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2009, 04:53:28 PM »
ami and pecker are all but broke
it's not like thats any great unknown revelation

bump for the truth? there it is.

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »

It may be  hurt more by a loss of 300K instead of simply taking a step back and making it a successful venture for the present as well as the future.....next year

The Problem is Next year NEVER comes when it comes to the IFBB,where is that Euro Tour from last year is it on this year as it was cancelled last year.So we are to believe the IFBB are BROKE??TAX FREE DOLLARS are the best.IFBB = Tax Free Dollars.

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2009, 04:59:52 PM »

I understand as a representative of the IFBB you have to defend the decision however IMO a short term financial gain is always a poor substitute for long term market gain.

That said, I appreciate you taking the time to explain your viewpoint and respect you for that even if i dont nesacceraly agree.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2009, 05:13:01 PM »
I understand as a representative of the IFBB you have to defend the decision however IMO a short term financial gain is always a poor substitute for long term market gain.

That said, I appreciate you taking the time to explain your viewpoint and respect you for that even if i dont nesacceraly agree.

Not quite sure you understood what I wrote....this year was going to turn out to be a LOSS of $300K. 

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »
Not quite sure you understood what I wrote....this year was going to turn out to be a LOSS of $300K. 

When i say short term financial gain, i meant for the IFBB not losing 300k.  :)

I.E. Their short term financial gain of not losing 300k will cost them more than that in the long term by canceling the show this year.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2009, 05:16:13 PM »
ami and pecker are all but broke

AMI owns Weider Enterprises.   the IFBB Pro is supposedly a separate company headed by Jim Manion.  On the IFBB Pro website, Robin Chang was listed as the promoter.    Who had to come up with the $50k franchise fee by April 3?

Does the company that Manion heads invest any money in shows?   Or do they just collect the franchise fee in exchange for access to the IFBB signed athletes?

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 05:29:11 PM »
AMI owns Weider Enterprises.   the IFBB Pro is supposedly a separate company headed by Jim Manion.  On the IFBB Pro website, Robin Chang was listed as the promoter.    Who had to come up with the $50k franchise fee by April 3?

Does the company that Manion heads invest any money in shows?   Or do they just collect the franchise fee in exchange for access to the IFBB signed athletes?
         Tim Don't ask the Hard Questions.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »
those aren't hard questions.

although it is not possible to 100% follow
the money but in my opinion if one could,
they would find the money in bodybuilding generated by
the top dogs of the mags, the supps, the shows
and most recently the forums are an intricate intertwined
carefully crafted circle of business. the money trail just
leads around and around amongst those who really run
the business of the sport of bodybuilding.

makes to much sense for this crowd though i know

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2009, 05:48:26 PM »
those aren't hard questions.

although it is not possible to 100% follow
the money but in my opinion if one could,
they would find the money in bodybuilding generated by
the top dogs of the mags, the supps, the shows
and most recently the forums are an intricate intertwined
carefully crafted circle of business. the money trail just
leads around and around amongst those who really run
the business of the sport of bodybuilding.

makes to much sense for this crowd though i know

Wat Tha take this story to the IRS.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2009, 06:45:43 PM »
When i say short term financial gain, i meant for the IFBB not losing 300k.  :)

I.E. Their short term financial gain of not losing 300k will cost them more than that in the long term by canceling the show this year.

Right....interesting theory you've got there