Author Topic: Pro World Germany contest posponed until 2010  (Read 5122 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Pro World Cup contest postponed until 2010
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2009, 06:46:55 PM »
AMI owns Weider Enterprises.   the IFBB Pro is supposedly a separate company headed by Jim Manion.  On the IFBB Pro website, Robin Chang was listed as the promoter.    Who had to come up with the $50k franchise fee by April 3?

Does the company that Manion heads invest any money in shows?   Or do they just collect the franchise fee in exchange for access to the IFBB signed athletes?

Where did you come up with a franchise fee of $50K ?

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2009, 06:57:48 PM »
Right....interesting theory you've got there

If a company fails to deliver what it says it is going to deliver how does that instill confidence in the product the next time they say they will deliver it. I am sure there are companies/fans in Europe pretty pissed at the decison to cancel. A company, in this case the IFBB, survives on its good name and its ability to deliver. What incentive is there for a sponser to get involved next year when the same excuse could be levied by the IFBB to cancel again? If the IFBB had to take a hit of 300k this year to gain much more over the next 5 -10 years AND keep its good name with sponsers and fans etc then so be it.

Chick you need to see past the next 1-2 years if the IFBB is serious about expanding into Europe.

That is my theory, which I am glad you see is interesting :)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2009, 07:03:38 PM »
If a company fails to deliver what it says it is going to deliver how does that instill confidence in the product the next time they say they will deliver it. I am sure there are companies/fans in Europe pretty pissed at the decison to cancel. A company, in this case the IFBB, survives on its good name and its ability to deliver. What incentive is there for a sponser to get involved next year when the same excuse could be levied by the IFBB to cancel again? If the IFBB had to take a hit of 300k this year to gain much more over the next 5 -10 years AND keep its good name with sponsers and fans etc then so be it.

Chick you need to see past the next 1-2 years if the IFBB is serious about expanding into Europe.

That is my theory, which I am glad you see is interesting :)
There is no loss to a company who was POSSIBLY intersted in being a sponsor...the show wasnt scheduled until the week AFTER the Olympia (Oct)...7 months away

You basing your opinion on pure speculation that the long run would be profitable...you have no basis whatsoever to make that assumption...I've given you the FACT that there would have been a net LOSS of $300K for this year...

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
There is no loss to a company who was POSSIBLY intersted in being a sponsor...the show wasnt scheduled until the week AFTER the Olympia (Oct)...7 months away

You basing your opinion on pure speculation that the long run would be profitable...you have no basis whatsoever to make that assumption...I've given you the FACT that there would have been a net LOSS of $300K for this year...

If The IFBB does not feel in the long run these shows in Europe would not be profitable why have they planned them? They obviously see the benefits in the long run also. My point is that by pulling the plug this year and not running the show (albiet 7 months in advance) even though it may not be profitable THIS YEAR does not give sponsers much confidence in becoming involved next year when it may well not go ahead again, maybe closer to the show and at some expense to the sponser.

Confidence in a product is everything.

I understand there would be a loss this year but as a business you deliver your product and offset and negate that loss over the next 3-5 years.

Just seems a short sighted business projection too me, as the IFBB MUST think it will be profitable in future years otherwise they would not have the shows planned.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2009, 07:35:55 PM »
If The IFBB does not feel in the long run these shows in Europe would not be profitable why have they planned them? They obviously see the benefits in the long run also. My point is that by pulling the plug this year and not running the show (albiet 7 months in advance) even though it may not be profitable THIS YEAR does not give sponsers much confidence in becoming involved next year when it may well not go ahead again, maybe closer to the show and at some expense to the sponser.

Confidence in a product is everything.

I understand there would be a loss this year but as a business you deliver your product and offset and negate that loss over the next 3-5 years.

Just seems a short sighted business projection too me, as the IFBB MUST think it will be profitable in future years otherwise they would not have the shows planned.

We were counting on and estimating a loss this year, so yes, we have speculated that it might be a market that may be worth looking into....and we were prepared to take that loss in hopes of future revenue. That said, like any good businessman, there comes a point where by taking a bath financially, is not worth pursuing (at this time)  Given that info, and other factors involved with the production of the event...it became apparent that this year was simply not going to work.

Your theory works on paper, but the reality is...there are no guarantees that the market would be successful AT ALL, let alone in 3-5 years....thats called "throwing good money after bad".

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2009, 07:39:42 PM »

We were counting on and estimating a loss this year, so yes, we have speculated that it might be a market that may be worth looking into....and we were prepared to take that loss in hopes of future revenue. That said, like any good businessman, there comes a point where by taking a bath financially, is not worth pursuing (at this time)  Given that info, and other factors involved with the production of the event...it became apparent that this year was simply not going to work.

Your theory works on paper, but the reality is...there are no guarantees that the market would be successful AT ALL, let alone in 3-5 years....thats called "throwing good money after bad".

Fair enough, just seems a real shame. Hope that the IFBB dont regret the decison in the long run.

Thanks anyway for responding.  8)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »
Where did you come up with a franchise fee of $50K ?
is it more? 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
mr. Olympia should be once every 4 years.
A

stevenklippstein

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2009, 10:50:24 AM »
What other reason OTHER than economics, would there be?

If a show can be put on the schedule, and make money, or even break even in the first year or two...then it's viable.  There are many factors given to a show getting the green light...especially when it's in Europe. In this case, the economic status currently makes it an impossibility this year.

Hi Chick

So 300K, I guess that is what All Stars bill would have been,  but after they pulled out, just to make sure one SPonsor pules out and the whole show is gone.

You are talking about next year. I'm not sure how much you knwo about BB or Europe but I'm sure because of this abandonment of this years show, you will lose 300k alone in tickets/hotel/food etc. sale from the fans which already booked for this year and will not show up next year.

If you can't do it this year you won't be able to do it next year. The Economie will not chnage and you won't find any sponsors for a show that has been canceld the year before and 90% of the BB Fans are not will to come to a show which will be canceld in the last minute again.

Thanks for the try but maybe you guys should ask Arnold how he doesn't, but the way you guys do business is not the way it work's, at least not for the European BB fans and Bodybuilders.

Take care

I guess the IFBB  is full of people which only see what they wanna see but not what's infront of their eyes

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »
Hi Chick

So 300K, I guess that is what All Stars bill would have been,  but after they pulled out, just to make sure one SPonsor pules out and the whole show is gone.

You are talking about next year. I'm not sure how much you knwo about BB or Europe but I'm sure because of this abandonment of this years show, you will lose 300k alone in tickets/hotel/food etc. sale from the fans which already booked for this year and will not show up next year.

If you can't do it this year you won't be able to do it next year. The Economie will not chnage and you won't find any sponsors for a show that has been canceld the year before and 90% of the BB Fans are not will to come to a show which will be canceld in the last minute again.

Thanks for the try but maybe you guys should ask Arnold how he doesn't, but the way you guys do business is not the way it work's, at least not for the European BB fans and Bodybuilders.

Take care

I guess the IFBB  is full of people which only see what they wanna see but not what's infront of their eyes

Good points, but use spellcheck - otherwise it negates your argument and makes you look ''special''

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2009, 12:42:13 PM »
Hi Chick

Take care

LOL...if the "last minute" is 7 months out from the date of the show, then I guess that's what we did.

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2009, 02:19:25 PM »
Why even bother asking Chick BB related questions HE DOESN'T CARE he is the Athletes Rep and works very hard for them and makes sure they get their $1k for 5th at Grand Prix shows.BB is Big Finance we all know that.The IFBB have done and always will do what ever they want.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2009, 02:26:29 PM »
"Unfortunately, due to the current economic conditions in both America and Europe, it became increasingly apparent that matching the high standards we set every year with Olympia Weekend would be an extremely difficult task. As such, we will be postponing the inaugural Pro World Cup until 2010 in order to ensure that we will be giving the European fans the best possible bodybuilding experience."

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2009, 02:27:59 PM »
"Unfortunately, due to the current economic conditions in both America and Europe, it became increasingly apparent that matching the high standards we set every year with Olympia Weekend would be an extremely difficult task. As such, we will be postponing the inaugural Pro World Cup until 2010 in order to ensure that we will be giving the European fans the best possible bodybuilding experience."
         What about the IFBB Pros that make the show will they be getting much Money????

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2009, 07:37:53 PM »
unemployment in berlin is like 15%   eastern europe is worse.  if it gets worse they'll start electing communists.  it's wise to cancel this event

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2009, 07:40:12 PM »
Russia has the highest number of Millionaires per capita so why not just move the show to Russia???

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2009, 11:59:46 PM »
Russia has the highest number of Millionaires per capita so why not just move the show to Russia???

Plus the Russians love a monopoly, especially one run by bodybuilding "oligarchs"  :D

stevenklippstein

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2009, 06:33:48 AM »
Good points, but use spellcheck - otherwise it negates your argument and makes you look ''special''

I should, but the time is not even worth looking for the spellcheck button in this argument.

back to topic

Atheltes which bust there asses for 16 week's and place as high as 5 in a Pro show only get 1k, what do you want me to say chick.

But if a Atheltet does 50 shows per year he should be fine, oh there are only about 20 show per year ona few of them are canceld, oh and it takes 16weeks to diet. Enough with the talk, in the end nothing will change until the Olympia show will be canceld and the Supplement company's are run by Bodybuilders, like Gasparie Nutrition

I'm sure the price money at the ASC 09 would have been alot higer if the Mr. O would not only give out 155k for the first place.

Kai made more money at the ASC 09 (130.000 + 10.000 + the watch 20.000= 160.000) then he can make at the Mr. Olympia.

Now Kai won the Australia Pro another 10.000 and lets see about the New Zealnd Pro.

My point is, that our Sport is limited by the people who created it.

Sincerely Steven

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2009, 07:19:23 AM »
Now Kai won the Australia Pro another 10.000 and lets see about the New Zealnd Pro.

what New Zealand Pro?

Next contest: Orlando Pro (Europa Show of Champions) in April

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Pro World Cup Germany was cancelled
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »
Pussies.  ;D

http://www.joeweidersproworldcup.eu/62.html

On Wednesday March 11th 2009, American Media, Inc. (AMI) and the IFBB Professional League announced the debut of Joe Weider's Pro World Cup in Berlin, Germany will be postponed until 2010.

"Since taking over Weider Publications and Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend in 2004, AMI has been dedicated to expanding bodybuilding not only in the United States, but across the world," AMI Chairman, President and CEO David Pecker said. "Our intention in launching Joe Weider's Pro World Cup is to continue those efforts by hosting an event on par with the biggest and best in the United States.

In 2010, Joe Weider's Pro World Cup will be held at Messe Hall in Berlin on October 6-10, two weeks after Olympia Weekend. As originally planned, the weekend will include the European Pro Championships, a Powerlifting Supershow, a European FLEX Bikini Model Search and a Superstar Seminar.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Pro World Cup Germany was cancelled
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »
For Marcel:

Afgelopen woensdag kondigde American Media, Inc. (AMI) en de IFBB Professional League aan dat de eerste editie van de Joe Weider's Pro World Cup in Berlijn zal worden uitgesteld tot 2010.

"Sinds de overname van Weider Publications en Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend in 2004 doet AMI er alles aan de bodybuildingsport niet alleen in Amerika maar over de hele wereld groter te maken," zei AMI voorzitter, president en CEO David Pecker. "Onze intentie met het brengen van Joe Weider's Pro World Cup ligt in het vervolg van deze inspanningen door een evenement van de grond te brengen dat zich kan meten met de grootste en beste in de Verenigde Staten.

"Helaas werd door de huidige economische situatie in zowel Amerika als Europa steeds duidelijker dat het extreem moeilijk zou worden de hoge standaard die elk jaar met het Olympia Weekend wordt neergezet te evenaren. Dat is de reden dat we de eerste Pro World Cup zullen uitstellen tot 2010 om er zeker van te zijn dat we de Europese fans de best mogelijke bodybuilding ervaring kunnen geven."

In 2010 zal Joe Weider's Pro World Cup van 6 tot en met 8 oktober in de Messe Hall in Berlijn worden georganiseerd, twee weken na het Olympia Weekend. Zoals oorspronkelijk gepland vinden tijdens het weekend ook de European Pro Championships, een Powerlifting Supershow, een Europese Flex Bikini Model Search en een Superstar Seminar plaats.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2009, 01:07:56 PM »
unemployment is the berlin area is about 15% and it gets worse the further you travel east and south east.  they are wise to cancel this event

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2009, 01:09:27 PM »
They will have to wait until World War 3

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2009, 01:10:49 PM »
I'm devastated ::)