Author Topic: ufc and mike tyson  (Read 8204 times)

STARDOT

• Getbig II
Re: ufc and mike tyson
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 01:49:50 AM »
Not sure if I am right cause I am azy but back when the Gracies started the UFC didn't they fight 2 or 3 or 4 fights in one night.  I can't remember.  How do you think someone like Hughes or others of today could have done back then.  You look at the guys today and most of them after just one fight are so tired.  Also, back then the original concept was to make it as close to s street fight as possible.  They had to have some rules put in like the biting, eye gouging, kick in the balls.  GJJ is perfect for that kind of fighting.  It wasn't until the Gracies gave it up (the UFC) that so many more rules were added and they affected the way GJJ could be used effectively.

yes Keith youre correct, the first few UFC's were tournament style, the winner continued. if the rules had not changed or evolved i dont think as much skill would be needed. Head butting and strikes to the back of the head would allow less skilled fighters more of a chance i think. if you put BJ or GSP back in the first few UFC's they'd have run through them a lot faster than Royce. Royce fought to a tie with Ken Shamrock back then and Ken hasnt been relevant in the UFC since, imagine what would happen to Royce now even if he was ten years younger.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »
Tyson would have killed Gracie. BJJ only works if you opponent is of equal size, strengthism or if your opponent is bigger, slower, weaker,and doesn't know any BJJ. BJJ does not work if your opponent is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than you period. Even if he doesn't know any BJJ he will still beat you. Tyson was bigger, stronger, and more atheltic than Gracie ever was. Tyson would have muscled out of subs and beat his ass.
Don't let em fool ya

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 11:52:52 PM »
Tyson would have killed Gracie. BJJ only works if you opponent is of equal size, strengthism or if your opponent is bigger, slower, weaker,and doesn't know any BJJ. BJJ does not work if your opponent is bigger, stronger, and more athletic than you period. Even if he doesn't know any BJJ he will still beat you. Tyson was bigger, stronger, and more atheltic than Gracie ever was. Tyson would have muscled out of subs and beat his ass.

tyson had his chance and chickened out like i knew he would,lol
R

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 12:51:19 AM »
tyson had his chance and chickened out like i knew he would,lol

"like you knew he would"?! yeah like you there gracy bbj. you think Matt Hughes ate up Royce? Tyson was a lot bigger and stronger but more importantly a lot crazier.
 again, would your bjj be affective on a 200lb. gorilla? again..hell no.
in an MAA match yeah probably Royce.
in a NHB anything goes, Tyson would request ketchup to go with Roycie
i tell you what, go down to bronx, get some dude who is walking the street at 2am weighing 200 pounds with a chip on his shoulder and see how well your bjj does.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 07:06:52 AM »
"like you knew he would"?! yeah like you there gracy bbj. you think Matt Hughes ate up Royce? Tyson was a lot bigger and stronger but more importantly a lot crazier.
i tell you what, go down to bronx, get some dude who is walking the street at 2am weighing 200 pounds with a chip on his shoulder and see how well your bjj does.

there it is guys,stardot just gave us the secret to being a great fighter,you have to be crazy.thanks for that great tip,so everyone thats been training mma or streetfighting should go to a shrink and find out if they are crazy enough to beat a great warrior.so be careful fellas,next time you see a guy walking down the street talking to himself,just remember that he can rip your head off and kick your ass up and down the street goes hes crazy.im really learning the secrets to being a bad ass fighter from stardot,so all you guys training mma best just stop and start taking medications that make you crazy and youll be fighting for a title or be the baddest dude on your block in no time
R

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 12:50:17 PM »

"But more importantly a lot crazier." Lol  ;D That's some funny shit right there!
Don't let em fool ya

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »
Obviously this idiot never watched any of the early UFC's where Gracie dominated guys 50lbs heavier and in great shape. On the street being more athletic and crazier might overshadow someone who has superior skill, but when there are rules being big and "crazy" with no experience and zero grappling skills will get you submitted in 20 seconds by someone like Gracie who practically invented BJJ. No holds barred on the street Tyson wins. In the octagon he would get his arms broken.

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »
there it is guys,stardot just gave us the secret to being a great fighter,you have to be crazy.thanks for that great tip,so everyone thats been training mma or streetfighting should go to a shrink and find out if they are crazy enough to beat a great warrior.so be careful fellas,next time you see a guy walking down the street talking to himself,just remember that he can rip your head off and kick your ass up and down the street goes hes crazy.im really learning the secrets to being a bad ass fighter from stardot,so all you guys training mma best just stop and start taking medications that make you crazy and youll be fighting for a title or be the baddest dude on your block in no time

lol! Gracy bbj! its interesting you lack the ability to compose any real rebuttals against my questions or statements, though im sure you make up for it with mat time. so again Roycy trained bjj his whole life and Matt Huges just a 1/5 of the time and the end result is Roycy being saved by the ref? i thought bjj was the end all be all..but with a name like "gracy bbj" i'd expect you to be myopic

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2009, 01:12:59 PM »
No holds barred on the street Tyson wins. In the octagon he would get his arms broken.

that was my initial point. thank you.

on the street, NHB Tyson would maul Royce like a bear.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2009, 01:31:42 PM »

i would definitely rather face a pissed of Royce Gracie than a pissed of Mike Tyson in an anything goes fight.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2009, 06:00:10 PM »
If Royce came within Mike's striking distance the fight would be over even in the octagon. Why? Mike was too strong, quick, and athletic to allow Royce to sub him even if it went to the ground.
Don't let em fool ya

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2009, 09:53:09 PM »
lol! Gracy bbj! its interesting you lack the ability to compose any real rebuttals against my questions or statements, though im sure you make up for it with mat time. so again Roycy trained bjj his whole life and Matt Huges just a 1/5 of the time and the end result is Roycy being saved by the ref? i thought bjj was the end all be all..but with a name like "gracy bbj" i'd expect you to be myopic

95% of all street fights go to the ground,tyson would have a 5% chance .do you honestly think tyson would be able to beat royce in a streetfight once the fight hit the ground?i really couldnt careless about beating some internet warrior in a debate about tyson vs gracie,lol.the experianced guys on here know the truth and so does the rest of the world
R

STARDOT

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »
95% of all street fights go to the ground,tyson would have a 5% chance .do you honestly think tyson would be able to beat royce in a streetfight once the fight hit the ground?i really couldnt careless about beating some internet warrior in a debate about tyson vs gracie,lol.the experianced guys on here know the truth and so does the rest of the world

im fairly positive that the percentage you give (95%) is inaccurate, care to provide the source of that statistic? you cant because youre exaggerating to support your weak argument.

a perfect example of my point is the Lesnar/Mir fight. 
    had it not been for the ref stopping the action to deduct points from Brock for blows to the back of the head, Brock could have ended Mir's life had that same situation happened in a bar, Mir would have been in the ICU. Mir a world class jits guy gets jacked had it not been for MAA RULES. Brock had great collegiate wrestling experience and pro-wrestling experience and made Mir who is bjj look like a child. Yes Mir won the MAA contest, but had it been on the street, Mir would suffer greatly.

oh im the internet tough guy says the guy that names himself after another man martial art, too funny Gracy bbj! talk about one's need to over compensate for his insecurities.
 again Tyson in the street would maul Royce like he was a child. dont expect you to be open minded when you use a name that worships the guy your defending though. time to take Royse's poster off your wall..

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 11:12:44 PM »
im fairly positive that the percentage you give (95%) is inaccurate, care to provide the source of that statistic? you cant because youre exaggerating to support your weak argument.

a perfect example of my point is the Lesnar/Mir fight. 
    had it not been for the ref stopping the action to deduct points from Brock for blows to the back of the head, Brock could have ended Mir's life had that same situation happened in a bar, Mir would have been in the ICU. Mir a world class jits guy gets jacked had it not been for MAA RULES. Brock had great collegiate wrestling experience and pro-wrestling experience and made Mir who is bjj look like a child. Yes Mir won the MAA contest, but had it been on the street, Mir would suffer greatly.

oh im the internet tough guy says the guy that names himself after another man martial art, too funny Gracy bbj! talk about one's need to over compensate for his insecurities.
 again Tyson in the street would maul Royce like he was a child. dont expect you to be open minded when you use a name that worships the guy your defending though. time to take Royse's poster off your wall..

lol,your comical kid,thanks for giving me something to laugh at this morning.talk about defending someone,tyson is a loser man,lol,the guy made over 300 million dollars and filed for bankruptcy recently.the gracies are loaded and getting richer by the day.you talk about insecurities,if im not mistaken im talking about another man,not myself,hows that insecure?also show me where i ever posted that bjj is the all in all.if i was sitting here telling people about my judo trophies and bjj trophies then id say you have a reason to call me insecure,but thats not the case.but you do humor me so keep the posts coming cause im bored and need a laugh ;D
R

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2009, 02:08:07 AM »
tyson got called out by the gracie family on ppv in ufc 2 i believe,the gracies also called tysons camp and manager to set up a fight with mike vs rorion or royce,tysons camp never responded.tyson had the world to lose,once royce submitted tyson and word got out that mike got beat by a skinny 175lb dude his career would have been hurting,he wouldnt be able to run around saying(im the baddest man on the planet) anymore,lol

mike should of been smart and said ill fight you in a stand up boxing match... besides how were the gracies going to get the 15-20 million needed to pay mike to fight

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2009, 07:52:15 AM »
There is no fucking way in hell Gracie would survive even a glancing jab from Tyson, and if Tyson hit him with a power shot Gracie would be in a godamn coma, in the street and no rules, I give the edge to Tyson, sure Gracie could try to shoot in for a single or a double but I'm willing to bet he'd get caught on the way by a professional heavyweight boxer with speed , reflexes and power such as Tyson's

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2009, 10:37:29 AM »
There is no fucking way in hell Gracie would survive even a glancing jab from Tyson, and if Tyson hit him with a power shot Gracie would be in a godamn coma, in the street and no rules, I give the edge to Tyson, sure Gracie could try to shoot in for a single or a double but I'm willing to bet he'd get caught on the way by a professional heavyweight boxer with speed , reflexes and power such as Tyson's

But first....... tyson must know what to do when his opponent shoots.... :)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2009, 08:13:23 PM »
art jimmerson,lol
R

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »
Obviously this idiot never watched any of the early UFC's where Gracie dominated guys 50lbs heavier and in great shape. On the street being more athletic and crazier might overshadow someone who has superior skill, but when there are rules being big and "crazy" with no experience and zero grappling skills will get you submitted in 20 seconds by someone like Gracie who practically invented BJJ. No holds barred on the street Tyson wins. In the octagon he would get his arms broken.
Who cares about the fucking octagon? I don't like Tyson, but like someone here said... "Tyson is crazier"... QTFT, he would have hammered to death the smaller "great warrior" little man...
S