Author Topic: Latisse (ladies)  (Read 7399 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Latisse (ladies)
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:29:44 PM »
Have you heard about this?  Has anyone tried it or know anyone who has?
:

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: Latisse (ladies)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:54:59 PM »
ahem..I know it says (ladies) in your title...but I have experience with this.  Ok well not me personally but my mom.  She has to take drops becuase of her eye condition.  She basically has glaucoma but very minor since they caught it extremely early.  Well they gave herdrops which is where this product originated from.  One day she comes up to me and says that her lashes are fuller, longer darker etc.  Sure enough they were.  Funny thing is, that this happened 2 years ago before any talk of this hit the mainstream.  Just a side effect of the drops.  as soon as you stop using it though you lose the effect.  I's just be weary fo using drops.  Eyes shouldn't be messed with, especiallly with meds and for a long period of time if you don't already have a condition.  just my two cents worth.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2009, 06:16:19 AM »
Haha Princess you should have put "Migs?"  at the end of your post ;D

Funny thing I was just reading a brochure about this yesterday.  I had seen it in the WSJ awhile back too.

I would be very interested in using this except for the possible side effects.  If you are allergic to any ingredient in it you shouldn't use it and I'm allergic to a lot of lotions and soaps etc.  Side effects include darkening of the iris and the skin around the eyes...as well as redness, dryness and itchiness.

The darkening of the iris kind of freaks me out....not because of the asthetics but because I wonder what else it may be doing to my vision.  Latisse is FDA approved for the eyelash lengthening though. 

On a side note, I started taking "Ultra Hair" vitamins about 3 months ago and I do believe my eyelashes are getting longer/thicker.
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2009, 08:10:44 AM »
Haha Princess you should have put "Migs?"  at the end of your post ;D

Funny thing I was just reading a brochure about this yesterday.  I had seen it in the WSJ awhile back too.

I would be very interested in using this except for the possible side effects.  If you are allergic to any ingredient in it you shouldn't use it and I'm allergic to a lot of lotions and soaps etc.  Side effects include darkening of the iris and the skin around the eyes...as well as redness, dryness and itchiness.

The darkening of the iris kind of freaks me out....not because of the asthetics but because I wonder what else it may be doing to my vision.  Latisse is FDA approved for the eyelash lengthening though. 

On a side note, I started taking "Ultra Hair" vitamins about 3 months ago and I do believe my eyelashes are getting longer/thicker.

Don't mess with me today Stella.....just kidding.  ;D

you reminded me, with my mother it did change the color/tone of the skin under her eyes somewhat.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:25:41 PM »
Yes, It's known by a few names... Lumigan, Bimatoprost etc.

It was just recently approved by the FDA for cosmetic use. My jury is still out regarding it's safety.
It contains a preservative Benzalkonium chloride which is an allergen that has been associated with birth defects.

A couple years ago the FDA raided a company that had been selling it for unapproved purposes

There is speculation it could have damaging effects on the optic nerves.

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2007/11/fda-seizes-cosm.html

w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 05:14:25 PM »
Maybe it's me.  But when I looked into the eyes of the woman I love I don't notice the lashes.  I notice the beauty and goodness in her eyes.  I notice the life and the character resting beneath.  I look into her eyes and find the compassion and safety and security that she is willing to offer.  No drops or products on Earth are worth the price of side effects if it takes the life and hope out off her eyes for the sake of vanity.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 07:09:57 AM »
Well,  :-\
I'm kinda being a guinia pig on this.  One of my g/f owns a salon and we're both testing it out.  I've been interested in something like this for a long time since my lashes are so light. 

It's been about 2.5 weeks and even though it's really too early to tell, I think it might be working.  Honestly though, I don't think I'm going to continue after this bottle is gone (tiny little bottle).  My eyelids are feeling a bit tender and my eyes are somewhat watery.  I'm also a little freaked out about the other potential sides.

It's applied just like eyeliner, as close to the "root" of the lash as possible.  It needs to get into the folicle.  It's the consistancy of water.  They provide sterile brushes (the entire months worth) and you just place a drop on the brush and apply.  It doesn't get into the eye itself, so I don't see how it could possible change the iris color.

This IS NOT the stuff.
This would not be sterile.  :-\

:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:39:49 AM »
Well,  :-\
I'm kinda being a guinia pig on this.  One of my g/f owns a salon and we're both testing it out.  I've been interested in something like this for a long time since my lashes are so light. 

It's been about 2.5 weeks and even though it's really too early to tell, I think it might be working.  Honestly though, I don't think I'm going to continue after this bottle is gone (tiny little bottle).  My eyelids are feeling a bit tender and my eyes are somewhat watery.  I'm also a little freaked out about the other potential sides.

It's applied just like eyeliner, as close to the "root" of the lash as possible.  It needs to get into the folicle.  It's the consistancy of water.  They provide sterile brushes (the entire months worth) and you just place a drop on the brush and apply.  It doesn't get into the eye itself, so I don't see how it could possible change the iris color.

This IS NOT the stuff.
This would not be sterile.  :-\

The brochure of Latisse I read indicates there is an applicator for each use for each eye and you are to throw them away after using just once. 

Here is the real stuff:

www.latisse.com

Princess, the gal I talked to was scared at first but everyone in her office was using it so she went ahead...she thought she saw results after a couple weeks...the others are seeing def. results at a month of use.

I think I've seen results in my eyelashes after using this for about 3 months (it's vitamins):

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24:21 AM »
Bump for an EyeLash Update from Princess
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 08:34:52 AM »
Bump for an EyeLash Update from Princess

Honestly, I'm still not sure.  :-\   I think they're longer.  Definitely not darker (yet).  Thicker?  Hard to tell.  I don't think I have MORE than before.  Shouldv'e taken some pictures. The watery eyes and itchiness has gone away, but the whites of my eyes are always red.  I'm not sure if it's due to the product or if I'm developing allergies   ???
:

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:21 AM »

Honestly, I'm still not sure.  :-\   I think they're longer.  Definitely not darker (yet).  Thicker?  Hard to tell.  I don't think I have MORE than before.  Shouldv'e taken some pictures. The watery eyes and itchiness has gone away, but the whites of my eyes are always red.  I'm not sure if it's due to the product or if I'm developing allergies   ???

Thanks for that update!  Hope the redness goes away soon!

I've been having eyelid swelling/itching and am thinking it's allergies.  I've been looking online and seems like a lot of people have the same and are unable to find the cause.   
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 06:59:19 PM »

Another update:

Yup, definitely longer.  Sometimes I swear they're touching my sunglasses.  :o  Not any darker and not any thicker, but there may be a few more than before.  Still, I don't think I will continue when this bottle is done.  The redness is very bothersome.
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 07:05:34 PM »
 >:(

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
Well, I decided to give it another shot.  They've extended their rebate until this Friday, so I got a bottle for $79 which is a good deal.  It retails at about $120.  The salon included a brush which doesn't take up so much product, so it should last 80 days vs the standard 30! It's been 3 days and the redness is back, so that's definitely a bothersome side.  My lids are a little red too, but that went away last time.   
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 07:01:14 PM »
Well, I decided to give it another shot.  They've extended their rebate until this Friday, so I got a bottle for $79 which is a good deal.  It retails at about $120.  The salon included a brush which doesn't take up so much product, so it should last 80 days vs the standard 30! It's been 3 days and the redness is back, so that's definitely a bothersome side.  My lids are a little red too, but that went away last time.   

::)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 07:37:52 PM »
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 08:13:04 AM »

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 08:55:42 AM »
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 07:38:13 PM »
rofl.  

(======8

this is so getting deleted, lol

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2010, 06:34:04 AM »
I was wondering if you would give this another round. 

Princess, did anything happen to the color of your irises?  Also, when you stopped for awhile (how long?) did your lashes go back to how they were before you began?
R

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2010, 07:26:16 PM »
I was wondering if you would give this another round. 

Princess, did anything happen to the color of your irises?  Also, when you stopped for awhile (how long?) did your lashes go back to how they were before you began?

I was told by the Allergan rep that they need to put that disclaimer out there.  This product was an accidental discovery/side effect of a glaucoma medication - drops put directly in the eye.  Apparently, the active ingredient can cause a pigment change, but that's from using it 3X a day, directly in the eye for a long period of time.  So no, my eyes are still blue  8)

Your lashes, like any other hair are on a rotating growth cycle, meaning they are continuously growing and falling out.  Each follicle has it's own cycle.  The product stimulates something in the follicle (supposedly it would make any hair grow), so once you stop using it, the lashes go back to what they were   :'(

I forgot how irritating the redness is  >:(
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 08:55:22 PM »
Update:

I started it on Jan 29th and cut back to using it every other day - trying to stretch it out.  The redness has ceased, but my lids still seem a little dark/red.

Meanwhile - it seems that suddenly they are noticeably longer.
:D
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 02:34:48 PM »
New update:

That bottle lasted me until just the other day!!!  I figured out how to  s t r e t c h out a bottle that's supposed to last only a month or two  :D   It's all about the brush.  Don't use the brushes that come with the product. The redness went away and I've been able to maintain the length.  They're not any darker per se and I don't think I have more lashes, but I've been able to maintain the length.

There's a $20 rebate going on now, so you should be able to get it for $75-$100.  If you can make it last 5/6 months, that's not bad.
:

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 07:22:41 PM »
New update:

That bottle lasted me until just the other day!!!  I figured out how to  s t r e t c h out a bottle that's supposed to last only a month or two  :D   It's all about the brush.  Don't use the brushes that come with the product. The redness went away and I've been able to maintain the length.  They're not any darker per se and I don't think I have more lashes, but I've been able to maintain the length.

There's a $20 rebate going on now, so you should be able to get it for $75-$100.  If you can make it last 5/6 months, that's not bad.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 08:41:25 PM »

Don't give me any of your crap  >:(

Perhaps you ought to give it a try.  Maybe you'd have better luck with the ladies :P
: