Author Topic: Taxes explained... (tax day is comming)  (Read 3063 times)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Taxes explained... (tax day is comming)
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 10:44:53 AM »
Exactly.

The guy receiving a Section 8 housing allowance so that he can live in a good neighborhood ought to have a car so that he can get to work. 

But that guy is *not* entitled to have a set of $2000 'rims' on this car that I'm paying for. 

I like the progressive taxation system of the states. I like the standardized, or itemized system and I like tax credits. I just think they should get rid of some of regarded rules, like making it difficult to itemize. Most people may not itemize but in ny state many do so anyways.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 11:10:49 AM »
Yes , rich people work harder for their money than poor people do for theirs  ::) ::)
LOL. You didn't grasp one bit of what I was saying. Monster Fail.  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »
Exactly.

The guy receiving a Section 8 housing allowance so that he can live in a good neighborhood ought to have a car so that he can get to work. 

But that guy is *not* entitled to have a set of $2000 'rims' on this car that I'm paying for. 

That is a fallacy.  Welfare has VERY strict rules and you do not get a standard check which you can blow on rims.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 11:55:42 AM »
LOL. You didn't grasp one bit of what I was saying. Monster Fail.  ;D
Haahaa, I was agreeing with you ,rolling eyes were for the worm. Monster fail  ;D

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 12:18:32 PM »
Haahaa, I was agreeing with you ,rolling eyes were for the worm. Monster fail  ;D
Ouch, man. Missed that COMPLETELY. I might have to move ahead the time on the 1st pint one hour.  :)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 12:19:42 PM »
That is a fallacy.  Welfare has VERY strict rules and you do not get a standard check which you can blow on rims.

No, this is real. 

Section 8 was intended to get people out of the projects and into good homes in solid neighborhoods.  The program has many success stories.  The problem is that, for every success story, I can probably count four or five abuses.  Some of it is due to wanting what they perceive to be 'better' for their families (that is, more STUFF), some of it is due to trying to keep up with the Joneses (move to a nicer neighborhood, don't really want to let on that they're poor and cannot actually afford to live there), and some of it is due to recipients figuring that, since it's free money, there's no use in being responsible with it. 

I've been fortunate throughout my life, but just because I've been lucky does not mean that everyone else should get a free pass on EVERYTHING simply because they didn't get some of the breaks I did.  I have a moral obligation to make sure that they're learning good financial sense. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2009, 02:19:24 PM »
No, this is real. 

Section 8 was intended to get people out of the projects and into good homes in solid neighborhoods.  The program has many success stories.  The problem is that, for every success story, I can probably count four or five abuses.  Some of it is due to wanting what they perceive to be 'better' for their families (that is, more STUFF), some of it is due to trying to keep up with the Joneses (move to a nicer neighborhood, don't really want to let on that they're poor and cannot actually afford to live there), and some of it is due to recipients figuring that, since it's free money, there's no use in being responsible with it. 

I've been fortunate throughout my life, but just because I've been lucky does not mean that everyone else should get a free pass on EVERYTHING simply because they didn't get some of the breaks I did.  I have a moral obligation to make sure that they're learning good financial sense. 
Section 8 is real, but people buying rims with welfare TANF is pure fiction. Sorry.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 02:22:56 PM »
Section 8 is real, but people buying rims with welfare TANF is pure fiction. Sorry.

haha, TA, sorry man, but I don't see you as being an expert about what goes on in the hood.....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2009, 02:32:37 PM »
haha, TA, sorry man, but I don't see you as being an expert about what goes on in the hood.....
What are you saying, Show? No James Beard lovin,' greyhound racing motherf*ckers in da 'hood?

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2009, 11:44:54 PM »
there is a warped portrayal of the rich as being lazy, snotty people who don't do an honest thing to earn a dollar. this is a very poisoned belief system. you people make an upper class life sound like something that is easily obtainable and not deserving to anyone who is able to experience it.

i know people who have made wise decisions in the past, and have mapped out a path of hard work and good education combined with maximizing their skills/intelligence to the fullest of their potential and have reaped the benefits of living an upper-class life. many smart decisions have been made, many books have been read, many lessons have been learned, risks have been taken and many sacrifices have been made by those who are currently part of the evil, economically degrading upper class.  ::)

i know nowadays its soo COOL and REAL to be against those HAXOR CORPORATIONS, but seriously now... ;)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2009, 07:07:21 AM »
there is a warped portrayal of the rich as being lazy, snotty people who don't do an honest thing to earn a dollar. this is a very poisoned belief system. you people make an upper class life sound like something that is easily obtainable and not deserving to anyone who is able to experience it.

i know people who have made wise decisions in the past, and have mapped out a path of hard work and good education combined with maximizing their skills/intelligence to the fullest of their potential and have reaped the benefits of living an upper-class life. many smart decisions have been made, many books have been read, many lessons have been learned, risks have been taken and many sacrifices have been made by those who are currently part of the evil, economically degrading upper class.  ::)

i know nowadays its soo COOL and REAL to be against those HAXOR CORPORATIONS, but seriously now... ;)

QFT

They're aggressively seeking to create disincentives for working hard and building our own businesses. 

"The harder you work and the more successful you are, the more it's going to hurt at tax time!"

They want to create a culture of dependence and want to increase the general apathy....the 'why try?' syndrome.  If they can get a whole generation or two to buy into that.... *sigh*