Author Topic: wide grip pull-ups for wider lats?  (Read 3245 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: wide grip pull-ups for wider lats?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 12:52:44 PM »
A plug here for Hammer and other leverage pulldown machines..fuggin awesome burn and pump baby, as good or better than anything out there. Anytime someone questions the effectiveness of machines i think of something like this.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 12:59:41 PM »
A plug here for Hammer and other leverage pulldown machines..fuggin awesome burn and pump baby, as good or better than anything out there. Anytime someone questions the effectiveness of machines i think of something like this.

Definitely some solid machines.  Pretty much every back workout I do has one of the hammer pulldown machines in it.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2009, 08:12:11 PM »
yeah i agree with the hammer machines i love em...i've been bouncing around from gym to gym since hurricane katrina and have run into only a few that use them

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2009, 02:52:49 AM »
I usually turn the top of the DB in toward my body so it is at an angle.  It just feels comfortable and natural. 

You mean when you pull the dumbell its like \ and not | , am i right?

HURRICANE

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »
is it true that the wider you go on pull-ups that the wider your lats will stick out?...or does it have to do with weight? i try to go wide and use extra weight around the waist

The key is to experiment all grip widths and determine which one works for you depending on your relative range of motion on ANY exercise.  Too wide usually restricts ROM while too close doesnt properly hit your target area.  You have to find the happy medium that will produce the best results.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2009, 07:25:23 PM »
The key is to experiment all grip widths and determine which one works for you depending on your relative range of motion on ANY exercise.  Too wide usually restricts ROM while too close doesnt properly hit your target area.  You have to find the happy medium that will produce the best results.

so tooo wide probably wouldnt be the best in your opinion? i guess im going to stick a little wider than shoulder width apart at the most