Author Topic: US Cooking ...  (Read 5224 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
US Cooking ...
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:06:40 AM »
... good for bodybuilding?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: US Cooking ...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 08:09:21 AM »
... good for bodybuilding?

According to you it is. ::) I have for weeks been trying your adonis/wavelength crap; it is for the most part bullshit.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 08:15:01 AM »
According to you it is. ::) I have for weeks been trying your adonis/wavelength crap; it is for the most part bullshit.

So you have been following the rule of losing 1-2lbs per week while keeping protein up?

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:15:16 AM »
FUCKING HELL MAN! nrs
p<da
szgd
gfs
gsd

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:23:19 AM »
she's so fat. She looks "Huttese"
$

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 10:02:11 AM »
So you have been following the rule of losing 1-2lbs per week while keeping protein up?

I had for 4 weeks. I counted it to a T. Shit doesn't work. You can't claim that eating clean and cardio doesn't work.
I hate the State.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 10:12:04 AM »

HAHA i tried it for 2 months more or less... didnt lose a pound. Never went over 2100 calories on a training day and ~1900. Felt alright but god damn i looked exactly the same in the mirror lol.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:14:05 AM »
she's so fat. She looks "Huttese"
Is that the Boston Hutts, or the Rhode Island Hutts?  I can never keep those families straight.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »
HAHA i tried it for 2 months more or less... didnt lose a pound. Never went over 2100 calories on a training day and ~1900. Felt alright but god damn i looked exactly the same in the mirror lol.
your metabolism must suck...i lose easily at least 1kg week for week when i'm under 2000kcal

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 10:18:13 AM »
your metabolism must suck...i lose easily at least 1kg week for week when i'm under 2000kcal

Lol well yeah  :(

1kg a week is alot man heh

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:21:13 AM »
Lol well yeah  :(

1kg a week is alot man heh

yeah but for me 2000kcal is a really small amount
i'm not lying if i wouldn't eat clean i was a fatass...i can easily eat over 10.000 kcal when i don't care

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:22:44 AM »

You're a god.
I hate the State.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 10:23:51 AM »
yeah but for me 2000kcal is a really small amount
i'm not lying if i wouldn't eat clean i was a fatass...i can easily eat over 10.000 kcal when i don't care

Me too... but 2000 calories can be a fairly significant amount of food if its all clean, but i was just terribly dissapointed when this 'golden rule' shit didn't work for me, hence my resentment for these schlubs that are saying it absolutely works for everyone.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:10 AM »
I had for 4 weeks. I counted it to a T. Shit doesn't work. You can't claim that eating clean and cardio doesn't work.

So for 4 weeks you lost 1-2lbs and kept protein up?
I don't claim cardio doesn't work, it creates a deficit, just like eating less, whatever is more convenient.
Can you define the term "clean"?

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:27 AM »
Me too... but 2000 calories can be a fairly significant amount of food if its all clean, but i was just terribly dissapointed when this 'golden rule' shit didn't work for me, hence my resentment for these schlubs that are saying it absolutely works for everyone.

how much do you have to eat to lose?hell even staying under 2000kcal is tough,less is very hard for me...i did it a couple of time and i felt like dying

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2009, 10:27:47 AM »

What golden rule was it exactly you were following?

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2009, 10:29:09 AM »
my golden rule is stay under 2000kcal...every normal person would lose wait,if not your metabolism is fucked up and you should go and see a doc

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 10:45:22 AM »
I bet she cooks with her armpit sweat to avoid exogenous salt  :P

Never tried the Ödonix diet, but I prefer to eat veggies, some eggs, sometimes fish or meat which enhances my general wellbeing - except for one day in the week... where anything goes - except Axel Rose.

What makes a difference for me regarding body fat is cardio, even if its only 20 minutes a day.

If a calorie is a calorie... I don't know, but eating clean is overrated.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
What golden rule was it exactly you were following?

Expenditure > Consumption

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »
Expenditure > Consumption

There is the theory of starvation mode which would permanently (as long as any deficit is there) slow down metabolism if the caloric deficit was too high for a certain amount of time. Other than that, if you slowly lower your overall intake, you must lose bodyweight at some point, regardless of macro composition and if cardio was used to create the deficit. At least that's what studies suggest. For optimal body composition on the cut, you would have to workout with weights and eat enough protein.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2009, 11:09:16 AM »
I bet she cooks with her armpit sweat to avoid exogenous salt  :P

Never tried the Ödonix diet, but I prefer to eat veggies, some eggs, sometimes fish or meat which enhances my general wellbeing - except for one day in the week... where anything goes - except Axel Rose.

What makes a difference for me regarding body fat is cardio, even if its only 20 minutes a day.

If a calorie is a calorie... I don't know, but eating clean is overrated.

Perfectly fine of course, although I doubt that when on the same rate of weight loss, you would see a difference without cardio.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2009, 11:14:11 AM »
my golden rule is stay under 2000kcal...every normal person would lose wait,if not your metabolism is fucked up and you should go and see a doc

Depends on many factors. There are some pretty good calculators out there, but IMO best way is always to start from maintenance intake and slowly reduce calories until rate of weight loss is maintained.

Tombo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:11 AM »
There is the theory of starvation mode which would permanently (as long as any deficit is there) slow down metabolism if the caloric deficit was too high for a certain amount of time. Other than that, if you slowly lower your overall intake, you must lose bodyweight at some point, regardless of macro composition and if cardio was used to create the deficit. At least that's what studies suggest. For optimal body composition on the cut, you would have to workout with weights and eat enough protein.

No i understand that, and a high majority of my caloric intake was complex carbs and quality sources of protein (mums cooking and supplements! :P) but what i couldn't fathom was why it wasn't working!

just to be safe i considered myself 'sedentary' on the scales i used to roughly calculate my daily average caloric expense, and i understand that a deficit of any sort within a certain range will = fat loss

and it just didn't work, i don't particularly give a shit about "figuring out where i went wrong" with trial and error, i want fast results, and i know how to get them with different techniques, which is where im at now.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2009, 11:48:16 AM »
American born Chefs are the best in the World!

I would rather have you as my personal cook than her though. ;D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »
I'm cutting calories, keeping protein up...  Basically eating the foods I like.  Doing some cardio (against Adonis's advice) and getting into great shape.
S