Author Topic: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 21766 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2009, 07:28:23 AM »
I was there for a few hours.

From behind home you could see how dominate Lester was.
I'm glad he pitched that well because I drove home after the game.
the standing O for anything positive that Papi does is pretty lame.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2009, 08:19:48 AM »
Good trade for the Braves. McLouth is a huge upgrade in the of.

One of my best friends just got called up for the braves. OF Brian Barton..He is pretty cool. He stayed in AAA for like a few days before they pulled  him up. HE got traded from St Lous.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2009, 09:55:18 AM »

From behind home you could see how dominate Lester was.
I'm glad he pitched that well because I drove home after the game.
the standing O for anything positive that Papi does is pretty lame.
i agree. It's sad that he gets a curtain call for a 300 foot home run. I never watch a game Dice-k pitches. Every inning is a mess and he's a bullpen killer. Last year was probably the worst 18-3 seasn in history.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2009, 10:15:47 AM »
i agree. It's sad that he gets a curtain call for a 300 foot home run. I never watch a game Dice-k pitches. Every inning is a mess and he's a bullpen killer. Last year was probably the worst 18-3 seasn in history.

The home run was one thing but he got a standing O for a single :-\

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2009, 10:35:30 AM »

As much as there are many facets of RSN that bug me, I can't fault them for the standing O in this case.  They're just trying to support their guy.  It beats all the EEI callers calling for his release.

I agree totally about Dice-K.  It puts a little more faith in the baseball numbers I look at.  All data was showing that he HAD to have this happen eventually.  The fact that he got through a whole season last year with those win totals was remarkable.

I'm really curious to see what happens at the trade deadline this year.

I'm not hyped at all for this next series.  No matter what the outcome, it won't change how I feel about the rest of the season for either of these teams.
Y

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2009, 10:39:31 AM »
As much as there are many facets of RSN that bug me, I can't fault them for the standing O in this case.  They're just trying to support their guy.  It beats all the EEI callers calling for his release.

I agree totally about Dice-K.  It puts a little more faith in the baseball numbers I look at.  All data was showing that he HAD to have this happen eventually.  The fact that he got through a whole season last year with those win totals was remarkable.

I'm really curious to see what happens at the trade deadline this year.

I'm not hyped at all for this next series.  No matter what the outcome, it won't change how I feel about the rest of the season for either of these teams.

I meant it more in that for a guy who hit 50 homers, it's sad when he hits one it's big news. I agree though that im glad people aren't turning on him.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2009, 12:39:23 PM »
Burnett vs Beckett tonight 8)

body88

« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2009, 07:46:57 PM »
Burnett vs Beckett tonight 8)

Red sox 6-0 vs the Yankees this year after a 7-0 win tonight.  Are the Redsox in the Yankees' heads!?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2009, 06:42:29 AM »
Red sox 6-0 vs the Yankees this year after a 7-0 win tonight.  Are the Redsox in the Yankees' heads!?

Not sure about the Yanks but definitely in mine >:(

body88

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2009, 06:59:21 AM »

Not sure about the Yanks but definitely in mine >:(

I see it like this:

Hitting - Advantage Yankee's

Pitching - Advantage Redsox

Bullpen - Huge advantage Redsox

Manager - Advantage Redsox

If it comes down to Redsox vs Yankees I think the sox have the depth to win.  The Sox O is not that far off what the Yank's have anyway.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2009, 07:02:17 AM »
I see it like this:

If it comes down to Redsox vs Yankees I think the sox have the depth to win.  The Sox O is not that far off what the Yank's have anyway.

And tonight you guys get Wang who is on a pitch count and will be lucky if he goes 5.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2009, 07:09:31 AM »
I see it like this:

I agree excpet for SP and magager.   I don't think the sox 1-5 are better than the Yankees, but this involves Burnett getting himself straight.  Managers are equal, both have their strengths and weakness.  I am saying this as a big Francona fan.

It will come down to Sox vs. Yankees.

Y

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2009, 07:51:35 AM »
I agree excpet for SP and magager.   I don't think the sox 1-5 are better than the Yankees, but this involves Burnett getting himself straight.  Managers are equal, both have their strengths and weakness.  I am saying this as a big Francona fan.

vs the dodgers

body88

« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2009, 08:52:35 AM »

The one huge different is the bullpen and the long relief.  The sox are much better there.  The Yankees are slightly better offensively and it's about even 1-5 (however the sox have more depth - imo).  I don't know enough out Joe G to disagree with you intelligently, so ill defult to your opinion of both managers being about equal.  I hope the sox drop the last game of this series....don't want the law of averages against us to much come playoff time!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2009, 11:12:19 AM »
ITS PUZZLING ...esp the way yanks have been going,pre 04 yanks were head to head with them ,now they lose series after series to them.i still think the yanks could take division but what really matters is say the alcs bosox could take them out again.

body88

« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2009, 12:16:53 PM »
ITS PUZZLING ...esp the way yanks have been going,pre 04 yanks were head to head with them ,now they lose series after series to them.i still think the yanks could take division but what really matters is say the alcs bosox could take them out again.

I think the Yankees lack team chemistry.  Also, the Sox have gotten away from signing every free agent in the market (aside from a must have target) and focused more on growing their own talent.  That said, the real difference is the pitching and the bullpen.  The Redsox bullpen is much better than the Yankees pen. In the playoffs you must have interchangeable 1+2 aces, a deep rotation and a strong bp/closer are what is most important.

For the sox it's:

1.) Beckett - 1A.) Lester - Masterson - Delcarmen - Okie - Fernandez and Paplebon.  That's sick, and then you have the depth behind that, also.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2009, 05:04:34 PM »
I wish I could be as interested in baseball as some of you guys that post here. Most of the teams spoken of on this thread are mostly perennial winners. I'd love to chime in here and there with optimism and speaking heavy praise about the Baltimore Orioles. But not having a winning team to feel good about since 1997 wears on you.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
I wish I could be as interested in baseball as some of you guys that post here. Most of the teams spoken of on this thread are mostly perennial winners. I'd love to chime in here and there with optimism and speaking heavy praise about the Baltimore Orioles. But not having a winning team to feel good about since 1997 wears on you.

And thats a shame with such a nice stadium.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2009, 07:01:12 PM »

Even more shameful with our ownership.

Peter Angelos sucks horribly. Just a greedy corporate lawyer with too much money and not an ounce of baseball passion.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »
I think the Yankees lack team chemistry.  Also, the Sox have gotten away from signing every free agent in the market (aside from a must have target) and focused more on growing their own talent.  That said, the real difference is the pitching and the bullpen.  The Redsox bullpen is much better than the Yankees pen. In the playoffs you must have interchangeable 1+2 aces, a deep rotation and a strong bp/closer are what is most important.

For the sox it's:

1.) Beckett - 1A.) Lester - Masterson - Delcarmen - Okie - Fernandez and Paplebon.  That's sick, and then you have the depth behind that, also.
i have to disagree on the team chemistry ,this is the 1st time in yrs i feel there is some unity there.texiera has been a godsend,cano,melky love arod ,i think its cool now,but the sox have magic too so it will come down to who has more together at the playoffs.

body88

« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2009, 08:07:01 PM »

Sox 7-0 vs Yankees this year  :o

body88

« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2009, 08:08:58 PM »
i have to disagree on the team chemistry ,this is the 1st time in yrs i feel there is some unity there.texiera has been a godsend,cano,melky love arod ,i think its cool now,but the sox have magic too so it will come down to who has more together at the playoffs.

I guess, but when the going gets tough in the playoffs will they band together like a true team?  I don't know.  It's all good in June....before they ran into the sox, they rattled of what, 19-26 or something?  I think the Yankees pen will be their downfall this year.  I'm not a hater either, I said it would be Yankees-Sox at the start of the season and I never wrote them off when they came out of the gate playing like shit.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2009, 04:43:08 AM »
I guess, but when the going gets tough in the playoffs will they band together like a true team?  I don't know.  It's all good in June....before they ran into the sox, they rattled of what, 19-26 or something?  I think the Yankees pen will be their downfall this year.  I'm not a hater either, I said it would be Yankees sox at the start of the season and I never wrote them off when they came out of the gate playing like shit.

I don't agree about the chemistry, but all your other points are vaild, and I got around to really looking at the Yankees pitching numbers.  They're pretty bad right now, worse than I expected, so I give Boston the nod in SP as well right now.

The Yankees will make a move for their pen, and they also are getting Bruney back.  They should also be calling up Melancon from the minors.

The only positive I take out of this is that the sox are 7-0 vs. the Yankees this year, and only one game up.  If the Yanees only won 3 games, they'd be five up.  In other words, they're destroying eveyone else but Boston.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2009, 05:00:16 AM »

What really sucks is that this year you have good base of players.  Markakis, Roberts, Jones, etc...and now Weiters gets called up, and his projections are through the roof.  Guthrie would be a great #3 on most teams, but he has to be the #1 in Baltimore.

Angelos does fucking suck.  He could have had guys like Derrick Lowe, etc...

Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2009, 09:34:32 AM »
Adam Jones has all the tools to be a bonafide star at centerfield. Resigning Markakis to a long term deal was very suprising considering Angelos shut him down for a salary increase during arbitration.

With Weiters, Markakis and Jones to build around, there is reason for optimism in Baltimore. But, as always, it comes down to the starting pitching. (which we have none) Maybe the Orioles can pick up Glavine off the scrap heap but he'll probably go to Boston or NY.