Author Topic: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 21706 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: March 24, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
A.L.

East- Rays
Central- Twins
West-A's
Wild Card-Red Sox

N.L.

East- Phillies
Central- Cubs
West- Giants
Wild Card-Mets

ALCS-Sox over Rays
NLCS-Cubs over Phillies
World Series- Cubs over Sox.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:55:02 AM »
Sympathy bump. ;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:20:44 PM »
Sympathy bump. ;)
Just trying to liven up your slowly dying board. ;D

body88

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:38:25 PM »
Just trying to liven up your slowly dying board. ;D

It's the offseason....this board will never die.  It's basically a place of ten or twelve dudes who love sports.  I dig it.  Me, You, Earl, Guts, Beach, Pump, Mal, Steele, 2ND COming, BFury Calvin and others are "regulars"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »
It's the offseason....this board will never die.  It's basically a place of ten or twelve dudes who love sports.  I dig it.  Me, You, Earl, Guts, Beach, Pump, Mal, Steele, 2ND COming, BFury Calvin and others are "regulars"
LOL i know dude, just kidding around.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 08:39:47 AM »
I'm having a hard time with the AL East.  If all remain healthy, Yanks/Rays/Sox should only be within a handful of games of one another.

It's going to be a wild ride.
Y

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2009, 08:54:43 AM »
Baltimore Orioles......

162-0 regular season.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 08:55:54 AM »
Baltimore Orioles......

162-0 regular season.

Change that backwords and it would be more believable :D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »

Change that backwords and it would be more believable :D

Very true. Although our catcher Matt Weiters has terrific upside. We have above-average starting outfielders in Markakis, Adam Jones, and Luke Scott.

Respectable infielding with Mora at 3B, Roberts at 2B, and Huff at 1B.

But as always.....our starting pitching looks horrendous.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 11:25:00 AM »
Very true. Although our catcher Matt Weiters has terrific upside. We have above-average starting outfielders in Markakis, Adam Jones, and Luke Scott.

Respectable infielding with Mora at 3B, Roberts at 2B, and Huff at 1B.

But as always.....our starting pitching looks horrendous.

Don't forget Markakis....

Weiters was considered the hot prospect pick in many fantasy BB drafts this year.  I missed out on him, when someone ahead of me drafted him in the round I was going to grab him.

Coincidently, though, I also have Mora and Roberts.

At least you can't feel too bad about the Bedard deal.  He's been a real flop so far for Seattle, and Baltimore got a good haul for him.
Y

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 02:00:18 AM »
Baltimore Orioles......

162-0 regular season.

They are 1/162 of the way there. 

Funny how when ESPN's little graphic was rolling this morning, the Orioles' 10-5 bitch-slapping of NY was about halfway down the list.  Had the Yankees won, it would have been the first score listed, and ESPN would have pre-ordained the 2009 Yankees as possibly the greatest team in the history of sports. 

~

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 07:24:33 AM »
WHITE SOX WIN IT ALL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 07:53:15 AM »
They are 1/162 of the way there. 

Funny how when ESPN's little graphic was rolling this morning, the Orioles' 10-5 bitch-slapping of NY was about halfway down the list.  Had the Yankees won, it would have been the first score listed, and ESPN would have pre-ordained the 2009 Yankees as possibly the greatest team in the history of sports. 

ESPN has been pretty anti-Yankee for years now.  They've been all over the red sox, since they're in Bristol, and many of them are sox fans.
Y

body88

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »
I dont agree with you on that at all.  Most of the guys in Bristol are Yankees and Giants fans. Bristol is much more Yankees country than Sox country. Anything past east Hartford is Yankees country by a mile.  Most all of the guys on ESPN like the Yankees, the Giants or the Jets.  Greenie from Mike and Mike comes to mind off the top of my head.

People hate the Yankees because 1.) they win a lot, 2.) the spend obscene amounts of money and lose 3.) Drama with the players 4.) the whole haircut thing is foolish to me, imo.

And due to shit like this:

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 10:29:40 AM »
Don't forget Markakis....

Weiters was considered the hot prospect pick in many fantasy BB drafts this year.  I missed out on him, when someone ahead of me drafted him in the round I was going to grab him.

Coincidently, though, I also have Mora and Roberts.

At least you can't feel too bad about the Bedard deal.  He's been a real flop so far for Seattle, and Baltimore got a good haul for him.

I didn't forget about Markakis, I mentioned him in the last post. The Orioles finally signed one of their own to a long term deal. I honestly can't remember the last time the Orioles signed one of their own players to a big extension like they did with Markakis. I look at this as a positive sign that this once proud franchise is finally moving in the right direction. I fully expect 30-35 HR's and 120 RBI's and at least a .300 BA out of him. That Bedard trade worked out great. Adam Jones looks like a keeper.

on another note, fuck Mark Teixera! He's a greedy little bitch for taking the Yankees offer over his hometown Orioles. The Yankees will never win shit anytime soon. A team with no heart and driven by the almighty dollar. Sabathia looked like a fat overpaid turd out there on opening day. six earned runs and ZERO strikeouts.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 10:39:49 AM »

Fuck Mark Teixera. He's a greedy little bitch for taking the Yankees offer over his hometown Orioles. The Yankees will never win shit anytime soon. A team with no heart and driven by the almighty dollar. Sabathia looked like a fat overpaid turd out there on opening day. six earned runs and ZERO strikeouts.

This is stupid.  What did the Orioles offer?  Did they outbid the Nats or the Red Sox?   Did they even put in a legitimate number.

Why would any star player want to play for that perennial loser?  If they were willing to spend huge money on Teixeira, where did it go when they missed out?  Abreu?  Dunn?  Lowe?  Nope, no offers to anyone of impact.  Why would anyone want to play in front of their hometown crowd when their fans let opposing fan bases like the red sox' take over their stadium when their team is in town?

The fact is Angelos is perfectly content to collect his Washington Nationals money and put it in his pocket.

And saying the Yankees have no heart is pure fanboi mentality.
Y

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 10:50:31 AM »
I'm not a Yanks fan, but with Jeter, Matsui, Rivera, Posada etc.. they have "heart".

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »
This is stupid.  What did the Orioles offer?  Did they outbid the Nats or the Red Sox?   Did they even put in a legitimate number.

Why would any star player want to play for that perennial loser?  If they were willing to spend huge money on Teixeira, where did it go when they missed out?  Abreu?  Dunn?  Lowe?  Nope, no offers to anyone of impact.  Why would anyone want to play in front of their hometown crowd when their fans let opposing fan bases like the red sox' take over their stadium when their team is in town?

The fact is Angelos is perfectly content to collect his Washington Nationals money and put it in his pocket.

And saying the Yankees have no heart is pure fanboi mentality.

The Orioles offered 7 years, 140 million. The Yankees offered 8 years 160 million. Yeah, the Orioles suck every year but signing a talent like that could have only been a step in the right direction. The Orioles needed a first baseman. What other marquee 1B free agents were out there to sign?? The rest of the starting outfield and infield are already set so that answers your question as to why they didn't go after anyone else. The Orioles will have no problems scoring runs this year. Like every year, it comes down to the starting pitching, not the offense. They scored 10 runs yesterday, right?

As far as out of town Red Sox and Yankee fans coming to the games...let me just put it out there that a large majority of those so-called fans don't travel to Orioles home games from their respective cities. Most of them are little faggy bandwagon jumpers that live locally around the area. If I see another Yankee douchebag fan with gold chains and cock-eyed ball cap at an Orioles game, I'll punch him in face and dedicate it to you. :-*

And yes, the Yankees have no heart. They're just a team that plugs holes every year with big name free agents and trades at the expense of their farm system. Why do you think they're annually MLB's oldest team?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 11:11:32 AM »
It sucks. Baltimore is a great baseball town, i went there in 96 when the team was competitive and it was a great palce to watch a game. They have a good nucleus with Roberts, Markakis, Jones, Weiters (sp?), Pie..

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »
A.L.

East- Rays
Central- Twins
West-A's
Wild Card-Red Sox

N.L.

East- Phillies
Central- Cubs
West- Giants
Wild Card-Mets

ALCS-Sox over Rays
NLCS-Cubs over Phillies
World Series- Cubs over Sox.

Shit naw...

NL west- Dodgers
NL East- Philly
NL Central- Cubs
WC Mets

AL West Angels
Al Central Sox
AL East Boston
Wildcard TB

Goin with the Dodgers over boston in 6

Lets go Big Blue

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 11:23:10 AM »
Shit naw...

NL west- Dodgers
NL East- Philly
NL Central- Cubs
WC Mets

AL West Angels
Al Central Sox
AL East Boston
Wildcard TB

Goin with the Dodgers over boston in 6

Lets go Big Blue
I like the Dodgers, i just don't know if they have the pitching. I don't know why picked SF lol maybe the young pitchers. I think LA should take a run at Pedro.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 11:25:47 AM »
I like the Dodgers, i just don't know if they have the pitching. I don't know why picked SF lol maybe the young pitchers. I think LA should take a run at Pedro.
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

He looked good in the WBC actually. thought they got run out of town by the neatherlands...Pedro did good

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 11:31:23 AM »
It sucks. Baltimore is a great baseball town, i went there in 96 when the team was competitive and it was a great palce to watch a game. They have a good nucleus with Roberts, Markakis, Jones, Weiters (sp?), Pie..

It can be safely said, that NO Yankee or Redsox fans were as prevelant at Orioles home games back in those years(mid 90's) like today. Nothing compared like today.

Gee, I wonder if has anything to do with the fact that the Yankees and Red Sox have won 6 World Series titles since then as a reason for so many of their fans coming to O's games now.  ::)

Everybody loves a winner....But I stand by my hometown ball club and I always will. ;)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 11:36:25 AM »
It can be safely said, that NO Yankee or Redsox fans were as prevelant at Orioles home games back in those years(mid 90's). Nothing compared like today.

Gee, I wonder if has anything to do with the fact that the Yankees and Red Sox have won 6 World Series titles since then as a reason for so many of their fans coming to O's games now.  ::)

Everybody loves a winner....
It's bad in Boston too with the Pink hats and "Red Sox Nation" it makes me want to puke every time i hear it.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »
It's bad in Boston too with the Pink hats and "Red Sox Nation" it makes me want to puke every time i hear it.

Nothing against Boston fans. They have a great allegiance to their team and always did, even well before they won the Series in '04. Shit, I was rooting for them to break the jinx. That Yankees 7 game comeback win in the ALCS is one of the greatest series of all time. A classic.

But the Yankees and the vast majority of their fans?? Fuck 'em.

Seriously....Fuck 'em!