Author Topic: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 21740 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: MLB prediction thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 11:43:32 AM »
The Orioles offered 7 years, 140 million. The Yankees offered 8 years 160 million. Yeah, the Orioles suck every year but signing a talent like that could have only been a step in the right direction. The Orioles needed a first baseman. What other marquee 1B free agents were out there to sign?? The rest of the starting outfield and infield are already set so that answers your question as to why they didn't go after anyone else. The Orioles will have no problems scoring runs this year. Like every year, it comes down to the starting pitching, not the offense. They scored 10 runs yesterday, right?

As far as out of town Red Sox and Yankee fans coming to the games...let me just put it out there that a large majority of those so-called fans don't travel to Orioles home games from their respective cities. Most of them are little faggy bandwagon jumpers that live locally around the area. If I see another Yankee douchebag fan with gold chains and cock-eyed ball cap at an Orioles game, I'll punch him in face and dedicate it to you. :-*

And yes, the Yankees have no heart. They're just a team that plugs holes every year with big name free agents and trades at the expense of their farm system. Why do you think they're annually MLB's oldest team?

I totally support punching the gold chain wearing guido Yankee fan.

I just don't think it's fair to rip Teixeira for not going to a losing franchise with a weak fan base, especially when there's 40 million more on the table, an new stadium, CC Sabathia, etc.   It would take somebody really special to try to be the face of a franchise that has no guarantee that the ownership will do anything different than they've done the past 10 years.

Adam Dunn was available for 1b, and he went to the Nats for 2/20, late in the offseason.  But, even if you think their IF and OF are set, they still could've went after Lowe. Penny, Smoltz, etc.   They didn't do anything, and their projected staff proves it.  Guthrie was their opening day starter.  Yes, they won.  That happens, but do you have any doubt how it will play out over the course of a season?  I know you don't.   I don't blame Teixeira at all for not wanting to go there.

As Mass 04 said, the heart comment doesn't play.  As for age, the Yankees pitching staff is 23, 28, 28, 31, and 37.  1b is 28.   2b is 26.  CF.....etc.   That's hardl old.  Yes, they have some veterans on the team, but every team needs that.  They have a good mix of youth and veteran players.

Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a pissing contest.   As I said earlier in the thread, they have a decent 1-5.  It's just a shame their management won't take the extra steps to help them get a pitching staff.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 11:45:10 AM »

But the Yankees and the vast majority of their fans?? Fuck 'em.

Seriously....Fuck 'em!

It's just as bad up here with Boston fans.   I've lived in both areas.   For all the good fans like Mass04 and Body88, you have 10 idiot fans.  It's the same in NY.

Y

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 11:46:52 AM »
2009 Albert Pujols = Triple Crown Winner.

It is also important to note that no team in the history of baseball has ever come back from a four game deficit in order to win the world series.

The Browns are my favorite basketball team and will win the Stanley Cup this year.

Peace in the middle east!
G

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 01:26:30 PM »
I totally support punching the gold chain wearing guido Yankee fan.

I just don't think it's fair to rip Teixeira for not going to a losing franchise with a weak fan base, especially when there's 40 million more on the table, an new stadium, CC Sabathia, etc.   It would take somebody really special to try to be the face of a franchise that has no guarantee that the ownership will do anything different than they've done the past 10 years.

Adam Dunn was available for 1b, and he went to the Nats for 2/20, late in the offseason.  But, even if you think their IF and OF are set, they still could've went after Lowe. Penny, Smoltz, etc.   They didn't do anything, and their projected staff proves it.  Guthrie was their opening day starter.  Yes, they won.  That happens, but do you have any doubt how it will play out over the course of a season?  I know you don't.   I don't blame Teixeira at all for not wanting to go there.

As Mass 04 said, the heart comment doesn't play.  As for age, the Yankees pitching staff is 23, 28, 28, 31, and 37.  1b is 28.   2b is 26.  CF.....etc.   That's hardl old.  Yes, they have some veterans on the team, but every team needs that.  They have a good mix of youth and veteran players.

Anyway, this isn't supposed to be a pissing contest.   As I said earlier in the thread, they have a decent 1-5.  It's just a shame their management won't take the extra steps to help them get a pitching staff.

I respectfully disagree bro...The Orioles do not have a weak fan base. It's so subjective. Winning puts asses in the seats. The Orioles have had 11 straight losing seasons, dude. ELEVEN. The Orioles fans were as patient as can be and still selling out home games up until about five years ago. Can you blame them for not coming to any more games unless a good opponent is in town? Outside of the Cubs, what other losing organization routinely sells out every home game?

Yeah, I forgot about Adam Dunn. Awesome power hitter even though his batting average is smaller than his playing weight. But he only signed a two year deal with the Nats. What player of his caliber and age sign contracts like that these days? You really think he'll be in Washington by 2012? Unlikely. The reason the O's didn't sign Dunn is because he only wanted a short term deal. Smotlz and Lowe are well past their best years as pitchers.

I'm not delusional, I know the O's will probably have another losing season. I just hope it's within my lifetime that the O's start winning again because they have one of the most storied winning traditions in baseball history.

Oh, and one more thing....fuck the Yankees.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
ahh the good old Ripken days are long gone..sucks huh

body88

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
It can be safely said, that NO Yankee or Redsox fans were as prevelant at Orioles home games back in those years(mid 90's) like today. Nothing compared like today.

Gee, I wonder if has anything to do with the fact that the Yankees and Red Sox have won 6 World Series titles since then as a reason for so many of their fans coming to O's games now.  ::)

Everybody loves a winner....But I stand by my hometown ball club and I always will. ;)

Sox fans suffered though years of bullshit....I can't think of more loyal fans.  Yes, there is in influx of pink hats now, but Boston is about as hardcore of a sports town as their is.  Look at the revenue the Redsox generate compared to the population of their fanbase.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »
Sox fans suffered though years of bullshit....I can't think of more loyal fans.  Yes, there is in influx of pink hats now, but Boston is about as hardcore of a sports town as their is.  Look at the revenue the Redsox generate compared to the population of their fanbase.

No disagreement from me, bro. That last post was aimed at the local johnny-come-lately's that invade B-more when the Sox come here to play.

Been to Beantown many times and it's like a second home for me. Love that city!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 01:36:07 PM »
ahh the good old Ripken days are long gone..sucks huh

Yup. Ahhhh, the nostalgia of Ripken and the O's..... :'(

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 01:37:26 PM »
Yup. Ahhhh, the nostalgia of Ripken and the O's..... :'(

yes yes...need to get another young stud...how is your farm system.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »
It doesn't affect the team's performance, but I wish they would go back to the old hats:

~

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 01:40:55 PM »
yes yes...need to get another young stud...how is your farm system.

Farm system every year looks pretty good. I go to a lot of Bowie Baysox games here in the local area. Double AA ball.

Weiter, a catcher, in the Orioles farm system has all the tools to be a great player. He'll be called up sometime over the summer to catch games in place of Greg Zaun, who is like 50 years old now.

Are you a Phillies or Pirates fan, Big Mal?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »
It doesn't affect the team's performance, but I wish they would go back to the old hats:

Not a fan even thought it brings back memories.

Looks like an orange pelican wearing a cap.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »
Farm system every year looks pretty good. I go to a lot of Bowie Baysox games here in the local area. Double AA ball.

Weiter, a catcher, in the Orioles farm system has all the tools to be a great player.

Are you a Phillies or Pirates fan, Big Mal?

Lol...Im actually a dodgers fan. Im from LA. I have liked the steelers since i could remember...i have been to pittsburg once...didnt really like it...i just like the steelers.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 01:45:02 PM »
Not a fan even thought it brings back memories.

Looks like an orange pelican wearing a cap.

I just remember the great teams that wore this cap. 
~

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »
I just remember the great teams that wore this cap. 

No doubt. Got plenty of memorabilia of Ripken, Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell, Elrod Hendricks(RIP bro!), and Jim Palmer wearing that hat. Fuck, those were the days! :'(

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 02:04:36 PM »
No doubt. Got plenty of memorabilia of Ripken, Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell, Elrod Hendricks(RIP bro!), and Jim Palmer wearing that hat. Fuck, those were the days! :'(

Fuck...Palmer is underrated to me..He was doing infomercials...

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 02:05:54 PM »

Eddie Murray, Rick Dempsey, etc.

Personally, I think bringing Albert Belle to the team destroyed the whole thing.  
~

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2009, 05:39:16 PM »
AL East - Rays

AL Central - Twins

AL West - Angels

WC - Red Sox

NL East - Marlins

NL Central - Cardinals

NL West - Diamondbacks

WC - Phillies

World Series

Angels over the Cardinals

And yes, the Marlins will fuck the Mets season....AGAIN.  POS new york fans..get outta SoFla if New Yawwwwk is so damn great :D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 07:46:05 AM »
AL East - Rays

AL Central - Twins

AL West - Angels

WC - Red Sox

NL East - Marlins

NL Central - Cardinals

NL West - Diamondbacks Dodgers

WC - Phillies

World Series

Angels over the Cardinals

And yes, the Marlins will fuck the Mets season....AGAIN.  POS new york fans..get outta SoFla if New Yawwwwk is so damn great :D

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 09:28:07 AM »
Eddie Murray, Rick Dempsey, etc.

Personally, I think bringing Albert Belle to the team destroyed the whole thing.  

if you thought that was bad, Sammy Sosa was the worst trade signing ever in Orioles history. it's almost as bad as the Glen Davis trade from the late 80's.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »
By the way, the Orioles have opened the season winning their first three series against the Yankees, Rays, and Rangers.

I know it's early but the O's are swinging the bats well!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »
A.J. Burnett will be the best pitcher on the Yanks this year.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2009, 10:54:50 AM »
Mark my words: the Cards go all the way this year.
G

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »
LIGHTS out against rays last night,swisher has the enthusiasm they have lacked,it will be great race this yr,they all have to beat each other up,and play 500 against west and pray west beats each of the other teams at the right time.arod i hope comes back and carries them,cano will have career yr he needs it.c.c. could be dominant,wang scares me a bit though.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:10 AM »

No...Watch the dodgers