Author Topic: Palin's AG Pick Called Gays "Degenerates"  (Read 13680 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Palin's AG Pick Called Gays "Degenerates"
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2009, 08:25:23 AM »
Man i gave up on this a while ago..
I did want to ask Billy this.

When you deadlift, do you drag the bar against your shins. This one power lifter here in GA, Kathy Ford, taught me how to do deads and she told me to drag the bar up on my shins, my shits are all scarred up and im not sure if im doing something right.
from what ive been told thats just part of the lift...when i go heavier it seems to happen whether i wont it to or not when i go lighter i dont seem to scratch my shins of hit my knees, knee high socks or pants on back days should help the scratching but youll still get the bruises.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2009, 08:26:35 AM »
Why dont we ask Mal who won this?

Or you and I can compare tattoo designs to see who has a better one and wins.   ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2009, 08:28:11 AM »
This one power lifter here in GA, Kathy Ford,

dude where you lift at?  I remember her long ago.  And another super strong girl named Vicki (not sure of last name) who was Olympic training out at Coffee's  Gym in Marietta.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2009, 08:38:17 AM »
her name is krista ford

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2009, 08:40:13 AM »
from what ive been told thats just part of the lift...when i go heavier it seems to happen whether i wont it to or not when i go lighter i dont seem to scratch my shins of hit my knees, knee high socks or pants on back days should help the scratching but youll still get the bruises.

Im not really bruising, but they are getting scratched

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:44 AM »
Im not really bruising, but they are getting scratched
shoot sweat pants or knee high socks, id go with the sweat pants the knee high socks might get some weird stares...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »
dude where you lift at?  I remember her long ago.  And another super strong girl named Vicki (not sure of last name) who was Olympic training out at Coffee's  Gym in Marietta.

This chick Krista Ford is was also an olympic lifter. This is when i used to train at Golds in Henry County on Panola Road. Now i go to the gym in my condo. Its cool. I only lift heavy when i go to LA and train with Chaos.

That Coffee Gym is in Cobb County? i havent heard of that one. Only "Main Event", the one that sting used to own. Tre Bewer lives in Marietta.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2009, 08:48:21 AM »
Krista N. Ford, USA & World Champion Powerlifter

ATLANTA, GA.---How many women do you know who can squat 540 pounds, dead lift 540, and bench press 225 pounds in a weight lifting competition?  If you do not know any women who can do this, let me introduce you to the National and World Powerlifting Champion, Krista Noelle Ford.

http://www.blackathlete.net/artman2/publish/Othersports_30/Krista_N_Ford_USA_amp_World_Champion_Powerlifter_348_printer.shtml

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2009, 08:53:16 AM »
Man i gave up on this a while ago..
I did want to ask Billy this.

When you deadlift, do you drag the bar against your shins. This one power lifter here in GA, Kathy Ford, taught me how to do deads and she told me to drag the bar up on my shins, my shits are all scarred up and im not sure if im doing something right.

I dont.However,thats more of a flexability issue.I start with the bar about 8 inches in front of my feet and roll it in towards my body before going into my actual pull.I have found this gives me a bit of momentum and allows me to get into a comfortable position to pull.

I think good deadlifters should start with the bar over the joint of the big toe.They should pull the bar IN  as they accend.The bar should be on your shins at about two inches below the knee[even three].I think if you pull with your feet to close to the bar and the bar is jammed up against your shin, as it sits on the floor,it causes you to have to pull in a sort of S shape to get it into position to get past the knee.This wastes valuable energy and momentum.The shortest distance is always a straight line,so try to position yourself so the bar can ride up straight without humping out to get past the knee,always keeping the bar in as close as you can without moving it out of that straight line.

By the way Krista Ford is amazing.She used to train at our gym in CT [SOUTHSIDE GYM] before she went down south.I think shes won nationals about 6 times.Incredible lifter.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »
Also,you should try to get a workout in at South Georgia Barbell.TONS of great lifters there.Jon Grove runs it.Steve Goggins trained[I think hes still training just not competing]there as well as Curtis Leslie[many time national champ].They also have some HUGE bench pressers in there.Jon is one of the smartest guys in powerlifting when it comes to getting people strong.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2009, 09:25:31 AM »
This chick Krista Ford is was also an olympic lifter. This is when i used to train at Golds in Henry County on Panola Road. Now i go to the gym in my condo. Its cool. I only lift heavy when i go to LA and train with Chaos.

That Coffee Gym is in Cobb County? i havent heard of that one. Only "Main Event", the one that sting used to own. Tre Bewer lives in Marietta.

The original Coffees Gym was about 2 miles from Main Event.  Main Event was at the corner end of Windy Hill Road.  Where you got off 75 and went to the end and could either go right (back towards 285) or left.  Directly straight was the entrance to Georgia Pacific and IBM corporate buildings.  The brown building with the huge circle window on top was the old GP corporate, they moved further back up the road later.

You would turn left and then head out about 4 miles and it was on the right.  Shit in that gym was held together by spit, chalk and duct tape.  Had some fucking monsters out there.  Vicki trained there and there was another woman there that was italian with long jet black hair that she kept in a long ponytail.  She only used deca.  Lots of deca.  From the neck down she looked like a man, but her face had this stretched elongated look to it.  Almost horse like features.  That woman was strong as fuck.

Had some monsters in this gym.  Rick and Scott Steiner used to train there.  I was there when they had one of their many fights with each other and Scott split Rick's head open with a V shape pressdown bar that was laying nearby.   Couple days later they were back in there, Rick with staples in his head working out together like nothing happened. 

The original gym was closed by county due to sanitary reasons.  The water fountain had broken a year earlier and John (the owner) had just hooked a water hose up to the the shower head for people.  You turned the shower on, picked up the hose to and drank.

The new gym is over (or was if still in biz) on Lower Roswell Rd in a strip mall type place.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2009, 09:45:39 AM »
Also,you should try to get a workout in at South Georgia Barbell.TONS of great lifters there.Jon Grove runs it.Steve Goggins trained[I think hes still training just not competing]there as well as Curtis Leslie[many time national champ].They also have some HUGE bench pressers in there.Jon is one of the smartest guys in powerlifting when it comes to getting people strong.

I went to South Ga once. Valdosta, some of the most openly blatant racisim i have ever faced.

At the Golds in Henry County, Kat trains some of the power lifters there. Im not sure i have the joints for it.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #137 on: April 03, 2009, 09:47:16 AM »
The original Coffees Gym was about 2 miles from Main Event.  Main Event was at the corner end of Windy Hill Road.  Where you got off 75 and went to the end and could either go right (back towards 285) or left.  Directly straight was the entrance to Georgia Pacific and IBM corporate buildings.  The brown building with the huge circle window on top was the old GP corporate, they moved further back up the road later.

You would turn left and then head out about 4 miles and it was on the right.  Shit in that gym was held together by spit, chalk and duct tape.  Had some fucking monsters out there.  Vicki trained there and there was another woman there that was italian with long jet black hair that she kept in a long ponytail.  She only used deca.  Lots of deca.  From the neck down she looked like a man, but her face had this stretched elongated look to it.  Almost horse like features.  That woman was strong as fuck.

Had some monsters in this gym.  Rick and Scott Steiner used to train there.  I was there when they had one of their many fights with each other and Scott split Rick's head open with a V shape pressdown bar that was laying nearby.   Couple days later they were back in there, Rick with staples in his head working out together like nothing happened. 

The original gym was closed by county due to sanitary reasons.  The water fountain had broken a year earlier and John (the owner) had just hooked a water hose up to the the shower head for people.  You turned the shower on, picked up the hose to and drank.

The new gym is over (or was if still in biz) on Lower Roswell Rd in a strip mall type place.
Is that Roswell Road in Marietta or Sandy Springs

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: April 03, 2009, 09:47:56 AM »
I went to South Ga once. Valdosta, some of the most openly blatant racisim i have ever faced.

At the Golds in Henry County, Kat trains some of the power lifters there. Im not sure i have the joints for it.

Really?Goggins is black,so is Curtis Leslie.In fact I think most of their best guys there are black.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #139 on: April 03, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »
Really?Goggins is black,so is Curtis Leslie.In fact I think most of their best guys there are black.

Oh im not talking about the Gym. Just in the city. I went to Lowes The hardware store for some stuff to help my friend on some improvement stuff (cool white guy) and the people at the store customers and employees might have well just called me black/spik to my face.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2009, 09:50:24 AM »
good to see so many politics board posters actually lift weights

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: April 03, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »
Oh im not talking about the Gym. Just in the city. I went to Lowes The hardware store for some stuff to help my friend on some improvement stuff (cool white guy) and the people at the store customers and employees might have well just called me guy/spik to my face.

You know what?Im a dunce[I guess Lurker is right]its North Georgia Barbell club.I get confused there are Southside gyms,Westside gyms,Northside gyms.You need a freaking GPS just to figure where the gyms are.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #142 on: April 03, 2009, 10:02:07 AM »
You know what?Im a dunce[I guess Lurker is right]its North Georgia Barbell club.I get confused there are Southside gyms,Westside gyms,Northside gyms.You need a freaking GPS just to figure where the gyms are.
Oh ok. Ill check them out. They are in Cumming Ga (yeah thats a real place).

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 03, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »

Head down to Macon GA and look up Joe Deverville.  He owns a Sci-Fit nutrition store with a gym in the back.  I used to train with him and Jay Oliver.  Joe won nearly every meet he entered years ago, but is retired now, just refereeing meets now and training his own clients.  I saw him at Christmas and he was telling me of several guys he was training that were under 22 years old and already pushing up 500lbs on the bench.