Author Topic: Russia Backs Return To Gold Standard...Trouble For America  (Read 1767 times)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
Russia Backs Return To Gold Standard...Trouble For America
« on: March 31, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »
Here is an article and video in the London Telegraph where Russia and China are calling for a GOLD STANDARD to back the desired basket of world currency that will replace the dollar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/g20-summit/5072484/Russia-backs-return-to-Gold-Standard-to-solve-financial-crisis.html

Russia backs return to Gold Standard to solve financial crisis
Russia has become the first major country to call for a partial restoration of the Gold Standard to uphold discipline in the world financial system.

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
Last Updated: 10:33AM BST 31 Mar 2009

Arkady Dvorkevich, the Kremlin's chief economic adviser, said Russia would favour the inclusion of gold bullion in the basket-weighting of a new world currency based on Special Drawing Rights issued by the International Monetary Fund.

Chinese and Russian leaders both plan to open debate on an SDR-based reserve currency as an alternative to the US dollar at the G20 summit in London this week, although the world may not yet be ready for such a radical proposal.

Related Articles
G20: Russia to play peripheral role at summit
US backing for world currency stuns markets
Geithner about-turn on dollar status shocks currency markets
Dollar surge will not stop America feeling the effects of a global crunch
Russia steps up high-risk battle on roubleMr Dvorkevich said it was "logical" that the new currency should include the rouble and the yuan, adding that "we could also think about more effective use of gold in this system".

The Gold Standard was the anchor of world finance in the 19th Century but began breaking down during the First World War as governments engaged in unprecedented spending. It collapsed in the 1930s when the British Empire, the US, and France all abandoned their parities.

It was revived as part of fixed dollar system until US inflation caused by the Vietnam War and "Great Society" social spending forced President Richard Nixon to close the gold window in 1971.

The world's fiat paper currencies have lacked any external anchor ever since. It is widely argued that the financial excesses and extreme debt leverage of the last quarter century would have been impossible - or less likely - under the discipline of gold.

Russia is a major gold producer with large untapped reserves of ore so it has a clear interest in promoting the idea. The Kremlin has already instructed the central bank of gradually raise the gold share of foreign reserves to 10pc.

China's government has floated a variant of this idea, suggesting a currency based on 30 commodities along the lines of the "Bancor" proposed by John Maynard Keynes in 1944.

C

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Russia Backs Return To Gold Standard...Trouble For America
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:53:21 AM »
Here is an article and video in the London Telegraph where Russia and China are calling for a GOLD STANDARD to back the desired basket of world currency that will replace the dollar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financetopics/g20-summit/5072484/Russia-backs-return-to-Gold-Standard-to-solve-financial-crisis.html

Russia backs return to Gold Standard to solve financial crisis
Russia has become the first major country to call for a partial restoration of the Gold Standard to uphold discipline in the world financial system.

By Ambrose Evans-Pritchard
Last Updated: 10:33AM BST 31 Mar 2009

Arkady Dvorkevich, the Kremlin's chief economic adviser, said Russia would favour the inclusion of gold bullion in the basket-weighting of a new world currency based on Special Drawing Rights issued by the International Monetary Fund.

Chinese and Russian leaders both plan to open debate on an SDR-based reserve currency as an alternative to the US dollar at the G20 summit in London this week, although the world may not yet be ready for such a radical proposal.

Related Articles
G20: Russia to play peripheral role at summit
US backing for world currency stuns markets
Geithner about-turn on dollar status shocks currency markets
Dollar surge will not stop America feeling the effects of a global crunch
Russia steps up high-risk battle on roubleMr Dvorkevich said it was "logical" that the new currency should include the rouble and the yuan, adding that "we could also think about more effective use of gold in this system".

The Gold Standard was the anchor of world finance in the 19th Century but began breaking down during the First World War as governments engaged in unprecedented spending. It collapsed in the 1930s when the British Empire, the US, and France all abandoned their parities.

It was revived as part of fixed dollar system until US inflation caused by the Vietnam War and "Great Society" social spending forced President Richard Nixon to close the gold window in 1971.

The world's fiat paper currencies have lacked any external anchor ever since. It is widely argued that the financial excesses and extreme debt leverage of the last quarter century would have been impossible - or less likely - under the discipline of gold.

Russia is a major gold producer with large untapped reserves of ore so it has a clear interest in promoting the idea. The Kremlin has already instructed the central bank of gradually raise the gold share of foreign reserves to 10pc.

China's government has floated a variant of this idea, suggesting a currency based on 30 commodities along the lines of the "Bancor" proposed by John Maynard Keynes in 1944.

We should go back to a standard like gold or something else in order to keep things more honest.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 11:58:31 AM »
We should go back to a standard like gold or something else in order to keep things more honest.

yeah, that would pretty much bankrupt the USA.  unless someone designs a gold machine, this idea would sink us.  Gold standard was removed many years ago because we didn't have enough of it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
yeah, that would pretty much bankrupt the USA.  unless someone designs a gold machine, this idea would sink us.  Gold standard was removed many years ago because we didn't have enough of it.

We need to stop spending like there is no tommorow.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 12:16:16 PM »
We need to stop spending like there is no tommorow.

well, since that is obviously not going to happen (as evidenced by both bush and obama), we need to at least protect the dollars we do have.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 12:17:39 PM »
well, since that is obviously not going to happen (as evidenced by both bush and obama), we need to at least protect the dollars we do have.

Inflation is going to take care of that in ways you dont want due to this insane spending.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 12:19:05 PM »
Inflation is going to take care of that in ways you dont want due to this insane spending.

i agree the spending is insane, but we should accept both parties are gonna do it, and it's already been done.  You're just crying about spilt milk now.

we're talking about what happens if we go back to gold - buck drops a lot more than it would from this spending alone.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 12:21:33 PM »
I'm sure China would like us to pay off our debts. They aren't about to upset the cash cow. We could as a last resort repudiate the debt, which would cause a war. Russia is dying because of internal problems and low oil prices so that have to do something.
L

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »
There's no way we could go back to the gold standard only, our economy would contract tremendously.  But we sure as hell could and should have a hybrid gold/commodity based system along with a fiat system.  It's not the fiat system that is inherently bad.  Money isn't tangible.  It's simply the exchange of goods and services along a medium that medium being money.  The problem is the people need to take back the power to print their money instead of a bunch of private banks.  It's the usury that is built up in our financial system that is tyrannical and corrupt not necessarily fiat money.  

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
I'm sure China would like us to pay off our debts. They aren't about to upset the cash cow. We could as a last resort repudiate the debt, which would cause a war. Russia is dying because of internal problems and low oil prices so that have to do something.

Russia is not "dying".  This is a myth.  They have huge natural gas contracts with Europe and other parts of the world.  This alone is enough to get them through any recession.  They have tons of natural resources that the US and China don't have.  In fact it's Russia who might unfortunately come out of this crisis the strongest, moreso than China.  China is a small land area per population.  Russia is the complete opposite.  Their army might be shit but what is the point of a powerful army if you don't have fuel and resources to support it? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 12:26:27 PM »
I'm sure China would like us to pay off our debts. They aren't about to upset the cash cow. We could as a last resort repudiate the debt, which would cause a war.

luckliy, the armchair generals on getbig aren't worried about a war with china.  They think we'll "kick some ass!" like we did in iraq and afghanistan.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 12:27:45 PM »
Russia is not "dying".  This is a myth. 

Russia also has a lot of F'ing gold.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 12:35:47 PM »
Russia also has a lot of F'ing gold.

So does China. Recently they discovered tremendous amounts of it through one of their industrial waste water treatment facilities. They started reclaiming it, and it has transformed the treatment facility from one that costs them money into one that is extremely profitable.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 12:37:38 PM »
Russia can have all the gold it wants...they're a friggen mess. China is a different story. 240 u don't ever have to worry about either of them...stay safe in Florida. We've beaten the China and Russia military thing to death, I don't want to derail the thread.
L

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 12:43:17 PM »
Russia can have all the gold it wants...they're a friggen mess. China is a different story. 240 u don't ever have to worry about either of them...stay safe in Florida. We've beaten the China and Russia military thing to death, I don't want to derail the thread.

Is that the we have the bigger guns and bombs argument?
I hate the State.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 12:48:44 PM »
Muscles and I have gone back and forth....this isn't about that. I don't disagree about their natural resources...they can have all they want, they have enternal issues that will prevent them from doing all they can. China is in a better postion to exploit what they have.

Decide its great that they have money and natural resources, if we feel threathened will do what we need to to stay top dog. The Euro's don't have short memeories, they don't want a resurgent Russia. they're happy to buy gas, but thats about it.
L

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 01:30:14 PM »
Muscles and I have gone back and forth....this isn't about that. I don't disagree about their natural resources...they can have all they want, they have enternal issues that will prevent them from doing all they can. China is in a better postion to exploit what they have.

Decide its great that they have money and natural resources, if we feel threathened will do what we need to to stay top dog. The Euro's don't have short memeories, they don't want a resurgent Russia. they're happy to buy gas, but thats about it.

Since when did you become the spokes person for Europe??

Get off the american dream of military strength...hahahaah...am erica can not even win a supposed Iraq war let alone Russia or China or Europe.... America is DEAD ALREADY.

Prepare yourself for the NEW WORLD CURRENCY where te dollar is UNKNOWN AND UNACCEPTED....
C

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »

Get off the american dream of military strength...hahahaah...am erica can not even win a supposed Iraq war let alone Russia or China or Europe.... America is DEAD ALREADY.

Prepare yourself for the NEW WORLD CURRENCY where te dollar is UNKNOWN AND UNACCEPTED....

Please.....I'm the first one to criticize our foreign policy and government and even the manipulation of our military...........BUT NEVER HAVE I ever insinuated that our military power is inferior to any nation in the world.  Whether you like it or not the US Military is the most powerful in the world.  Just look at our Navy.  LMAO!  Haha. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »
i'm all for the USA being #1, of course.  I am worried about the dollar.  I think she'll be fine, but the bad guys are doing what they can to spank it and devalue it in these hard times that, well, we did kinda cause lol...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »
i'm all for the USA being #1, of course.  I am worried about the dollar.  I think she'll be fine, but the bad guys are doing what they can to spank it and devalue it in these hard times that, well, we did kinda cause lol...

PLease tell all our WMD folk here there weren't any...
I hate the State.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 04:01:11 PM »

You're thinking is very compartmentalized much like that of HH6's.  America is number one right now and has been for the last 60 years BECAUSE of the dollar.  Why do you think we've had such a powerhouse of an economy? You think Americans are THAT much smarter and THAT much harder working and THAT much more innovative than everyone else in the world?  OF COURSE NOT!  I say we have the most powerful military in the world right now.  But that will change.  Especially if we lose dollar hegemony throughout the world (which is what bankers want)  But you have to look at the BIG PICTURE! The world is changing, the US is changing.  It's not about the US anymore it's about A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT, a new world order.  America's time is done.  Every President for the last 50 years has been a globalist, NWO puppet in one form or another.  NONE have been for America and for Americans.  It's not that Obama isn't for the military, if he wasn't do you honestly think we wouldn't have another record defense budget?  He's just not for the US military.  What's happening is the world is headed to a one world currency, a one world government and a one world economy.  It's evident.  Obama is a fucking puppet.  And if anyone can't tell who's orchestrating all this and who's really in charge of the world they are idiots.  It's the bankers.  This has been the history of America since 1776.  We won the battle but we lost the war.  The bankers, from that cesspool we call London have pulled our strings for a very long time. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2009, 04:03:49 PM »
You're thinking is very compartmentalized much like that of HH6's.  America is number one right now and has been for the last 60 years BECAUSE of the dollar.  Why do you think we've had such a powerhouse of an economy? You think Americans are THAT much smarter and THAT much harder working and THAT much more innovative than everyone else in the world?  OF COURSE NOT!  I say we have the most powerful military in the world right now.  But that will change.  Especially if we lose dollar hegemony throughout the world (which is what bankers want)  But you have to look at the BIG PICTURE! The world is changing, the US is changing.  It's not about the US anymore it's about A ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT, a new world order.  America's time is done.  Every President for the last 50 years has been a globalist, NWO puppet in one form or another.  NONE have been for America and for Americans.  It's not that Obama isn't for the military, if he wasn't do you honestly think we wouldn't have another record defense budget?  He's just not for the US military.  What's happening is the world is headed to a one world currency, a one world government and a one world economy.  It's evident.  Obama is a fucking puppet.  And if anyone can't tell who's orchestrating all this and who's really in charge of the world they are idiots.  It's the bankers.  This has been the history of America since 1776.  We won the battle but we lost the war.  The bankers, from that cesspool we call London have pulled our strings for a very long time. 

Change you can believe in...

I hate the State.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2009, 04:08:24 PM »
The British monarchy never relinquished their grip on our government, our economy, and our country.  Moreover, Isrealis infiltrated just about every aspect as well of the US government and economy.  Look at all the Jewish bankers in Wall Street and the FED.  Oh but anyone who dares question that coincidence is an anti-semite! ::)  Hell we shouldn't even call it America anymore.  We should call it BRISRAEL!  America has been the worlds bitch for the last 60 years.  Drugged, slapped around, and fucked in the ass by the rest of the world for their own agenda.  And the American people so willingly go along with it all.  

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2009, 04:12:50 PM »

AMEN
C

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 04:14:14 PM »

U'll be long gone before that happens...minorities and weakling suffer first. Ur an idiot. I can't debate the uninformed.
L