Author Topic: 18 hour flight ahead. What to do.  (Read 4704 times)

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
18 hour flight ahead. What to do.
« on: April 01, 2009, 02:15:22 AM »
Flying to Oz tonight via the far east. I've considered taking some protein powder mixed with a healthy scoop of Glutamine, but can you see the cunting apes working at the scanners understand what that is? They won't let me take food on the plane either, and I simply cannot live for 18 hours on airplane food. What do you do when you're on long flights?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: 18 hour flight ahead. What to do.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 02:17:16 AM »
Take Vicodin or Lortab and enjoy the flight. :)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 02:22:38 AM »
You can take protein bars, jerky and similar stuff which are sealed. It's only a one-off thing, so you can give your usual meals a miss and supplement your in-flight meals with the stuff you take with you. You can also consider things like nuts and peanut butter - use the occasion to take a break from what you normally eat and just pig out on snacks if you get hungry. Enjoy your trip 8)

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:25:34 AM »
You can take protein bars, jerky and similar stuff which are sealed. It's only a one-off thing, so you can give your usual meals a miss and supplement your in-flight meals with the stuff you take with you. You can also consider things like nuts and peanut butter - use the occasion to take a break from what you normally eat and just pig out on snacks if you get hungry. Enjoy your trip 8)

agreed, unless you're competing in Oz, take a break!
It hasn't helped...

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »
Not competing, just going for a 5 days conference thing. Will take peanuts and jerky then, should tie me over. Will also eat an inhuman amount of food before I go.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:52 AM »
Just get drunk and rant about black people again.

Pecs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 03:18:55 AM »
Flying to Oz tonight via the far east. I've considered taking some protein powder mixed with a healthy scoop of Glutamine, but can you see the cunting apes working at the scanners understand what that is? They won't let me take food on the plane either, and I simply cannot live for 18 hours on airplane food. What do you do when you're on long flights?

you know you are a true getbigger when one starts worrying about protein and carbs before taking a long flight.... :)

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 03:22:31 AM »

Take your IPod or a book - better yet go to sleep.

Traveling in first class /business on long flights really makes a difference because of the extra space you get + service. Traveling coach for 18hrs will be a good test for your level of patience.

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:49 AM »
Business class, fuck flying coach for 18 hours. I'm not huge or a competing bodybuilder by any chance, but I do try and eat right everyday. My worst fear is not the plane crashing, but me landing Melbourne, looking flat and carb depleted. No, can't happen!!!  :o

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 04:11:34 AM »
Business class, fuck flying coach for 18 hours. I'm not huge or a competing bodybuilder by any chance, but I do try and eat right everyday. My worst fear is not the plane crashing, but me landing Melbourne, looking flat and carb depleted. No, can't happen!!!  :o

cancel the conference

Lynchie

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 04:19:24 AM »
I can't. It's not up to me, it's a work thing. Either I go, show face and do some networking or I'll be a lower level shit kicker the rest of my life  ???

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 04:21:10 AM »
A few tips from a frequent flyer:

1. Sesame oil into your nose on the evening before the flight and on the morning of the flight. Just put a bit of oil onto a spoon and rub it into your nose, sniff a bit in. This will prevent any problems with the air on the plane, especially if you sleep a lot, get a scarf ofer your mouth as well.

2. Running shirts / Running Sweater on the plane. The kind that keeps the warmth but lets out the sweat. You'll sweat when you sleep, and there's nothing worse than sitting in a plane with the air condition at full power in a wet shirt.

3. In-Ear-Headphones. You can listen to music or use them against the noise in general.

4. Protein bars, or chocolade or any other snack is fine, but depending on the airline you will get a lot of stuff for free on board.

5. Slippers. Don't wear your shoes all the time, get some comfortable slippers or thick socks into your handbaggage.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2009, 04:56:42 AM »
Eat a shitload of cottage cheese before the flight.  The slow release caesin will sustain you.  And you will make a lot of new friends.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2009, 05:00:45 AM »
Get paralytically drunk and take a shit on the galley cart. The rest of your flight and vacation will be comped.

Magnus

• Getbig III
  • my english sucks (not from US)
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 05:01:34 AM »
eat a lot of beans and see what happens 8)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 05:03:20 AM »
Eat a shitload of cottage cheese before the flight.  The slow release caesin will sustain you.  And you will make a lot of new friends.

Super bad advice.

1. your bowels move differently due to the fact that your body loses a lot of water on the plane.

2. If you need to go shitting all the time, it's horrible.

Fuck those 18 hours. NObody loses muscles in that time when you eat a bit now and then. Better eat less and stay clear of the toilets after the first 3 hours of the flight.

eat a lot of beans and see what happens 8)

Nothing. As the air in the plane is much drier, you smell almost nothing, plus the air condition is on all the time. It's normal to fart more in a plane.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 05:04:29 AM »

RZA

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 05:10:37 AM »
Get paralytically drunk and take a shit on the galley cart. The rest of your flight and vacation will be comped.

That's interesting, what company do you fly?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 05:11:27 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 05:12:09 AM »

Protein shakes, take 2 or 3 ready made...
I hate the State.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 05:13:12 AM »
Take your IPod or a book - better yet go to sleep.

One of the best aspects of long flights is the free in-flight movies. Screw reading or watching/listening to stuff that you can do anywhere else.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 05:14:28 AM »
Protein shakes, take 2 or 3 ready made...

Don't go on the plane.

Liquids over 100ml in a plastic bag are forbidden.

Amino acids tablets would be ok as well, but as i said, you should just relax and give a shit, nothing will happen and you will feel a lot better than worrying about food when you get food on the plane and snacks as well.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 05:16:04 AM »
when the plane first takes and reaches a cruising altitude start with a 30 minute fast walk up and down the aisle non stop, then "towel off" in the bathroom, eat 2 protein bars, take a long nap. 9 hours into the flight wake up and ask to stewardess to head up your chicken breast in the container that you brought with you. Then 45 minutes prior to landing start you pull and push up routine for a quick pump. You don't want to look flat when you de-board the plane.

I

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 05:16:11 AM »
Don't go on the plane.

Yep, not to mention they make you fart, which is the last thing you want to happen when you are flying. Protein bars and foods like Jerky are way better a choice.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 05:17:02 AM »
Don't go on the plane.

Amino acids tablets would be ok as well, but as i said, you should just relax and give a shit, nothing will happen and you will feel a lot better than worrying about food when you get food on the plane and snacks as well.

Forgot about that; they don't let you take anything on board these days. I remember leaving Korea; I had to dump 3 ready made protein shakes.

Alternative would be to take some precooked sliced chicken breast, you know those 150gram deals...
I hate the State.