Author Topic: Dogs are peices of shit  (Read 19347 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: Dogs are peices of shit
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2009, 06:43:50 AM »
LOL you sound like the parent of those monster kids who were described who's brats can do no wrong.  These brain dead idiots are all just so happy when little Tyler and Josh are not bothering them for once, that they just let them "do their thing" Not caring they are causing havoc and throwing things or hitting the dog...Too bad a dog has better parenting skills than you, if your not gonna keep your kids in line then someone has to.  LOL keep blaming everthing in the world for your parental short comings.

Hey I agree many dogs are a PITA and I dislike them too, but I always try to remember its the owners fault they are getting away with it, same holds true for the parents of brat kids.

Dogs are a part of this world as a parent you will need to be able recognize aggressive or dominate dog behavior and keep your children away from that.  You would hope the dog owner would do this but they might not be the best to recognize that their dog has "issues" until its too late.  Dogs/pets can teach the young children of this world much, things like compassion, responsibility, living in the now and love, so there is much value in having them.

With that said I'm very cautious at first around all big dogs (but it applies to all sizes) especially certain breeds.  Until I get a handle on their disposition I will avoid contact or being too close.  With these bigger dominate dogs you need to be very cognisant of your body language, distance, eye contact and how you may approach them.  Dogs have their own body language too, eye contact, ears up, tail up....all signs of an excited or unsubmissive dog, of course growling is a bad sign.  Tail relaxed in a neutral position, ears down or even a little back, not staring you down these are more submissive or comfortable behaviors.  Then teach this to your children when they become old enough to understand.

I never denied dogs being a part of life. My criticism of their idiotic answer is because people poorly train their pets and then refuse to accept responsibility when things go wrong. Children should be monitored around pets but not necessarily taught to fear them. If someone's dog bit my kid, I'd insist it were tested for rabies.

Personally, messing with unfamiliar dogs makes no sense. My kids have a very excitable/jumpy dog who is destroying their house because exw doesn't train it and only one kid likes dogs. At some point, when there's no kitchen left, they'll get rid of it and someone else will inherit the problem. IMO, the dog should be better taken care of and trained but it's none of my business. It's not a bad dog, they're just bad owners.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2009, 06:49:36 AM »
they need constatnt attention, you have to buy lots of food, you have to walk them, they smell like shit, they are always all over you and annoy you especially when eating or trying to watch a movie, they shit everywhere and piss on the floors, they chew up or rip apart furniture, cables, most anything left in their reach, many of them bite or maul people, and worst of all, THEY MAKE A SHITLOAD OF NOISE AT ALL HOURS.
you may love dogs (for some reason), but chances are you neighbors dont want to hear your animal howling all fucking night or early in the morning, or barking nonstop for hours on end while facing the fence at anything that moves, or nothing at all.
i will never understand why so many people have them.

I love dogs but what really cracks me up is all the people who place their lives over the lives of humans. Like wanting the death penalty for animal abusers and then only jail time for terrorists or armed robbers. I mean, get fucking real.  ::)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2009, 06:55:53 AM »
I love dogs but what really cracks me up is all the people who place their lives over the lives of humans. Like wanting the death penalty for animal abusers and then only jail time for terrorists or armed robbers. I mean, get fucking real.  ::)

My only defense to that kind of reaction is that people who mutilate and kill animals are not the kind of people you want to hangout with. The ability to harm a fairly defenseless animal is indicitive of potential for other seriously disgusting behavior.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2009, 06:58:48 AM »
My only defense to that kind of reaction is that people who mutilate and kill animals are not the kind of people you want to hangout with. The ability to harm a fairly defenseless animal is indicitive of potential for other seriously disgusting behavior.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's disgusting and pisses me off to no end but these people crack me up. They're usually the same people crying out against torturing terrorists but wanting guys like Michael Vick thrown into a pit of dogs to be torn apart. The hypocrisy amuses me.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2009, 07:07:06 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I think it's disgusting and pisses me off to no end but these people crack me up. They're usually the same people crying out against torturing terrorists but wanting guys like Michael Vick thrown into a pit of dogs to be torn apart. The hypocrisy amuses me.

Yeah, he's serving his time. That's good enough for me. I wouldn't go running into a burning building for my pit and wouldn't expect anyone else to so I can't justify sending old Mike Vick to the chair because he killed some dogs.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2009, 05:55:34 PM »
I never denied dogs being a part of life. My criticism of their idiotic answer is because people poorly train their pets and then refuse to accept responsibility when things go wrong. Children should be monitored around pets but not necessarily taught to fear them. If someone's dog bit my kid, I'd insist it were tested for rabies.

Personally, messing with unfamiliar dogs makes no sense. My kids have a very excitable/jumpy dog who is destroying their house because exw doesn't train it and only one kid likes dogs. At some point, when there's no kitchen left, they'll get rid of it and someone else will inherit the problem. IMO, the dog should be better taken care of and trained but it's none of my business. It's not a bad dog, they're just bad owners.

Yes taking on a pet is a serious responsibility, too many people don't think it through.  Many because they don't realize it is a living being that feels and deserves a good life as a dog.  Too many people enter into pet ownership like pets are toys.  I hope that poor dog gets out of the situation you described. 

Dogs are very social and don't do good on their own, isolated.  I agree few people have the maturity and perseverance to be good pet owners, very much like parenting.

Their truth is their innocence, the innocent must be protected.

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2009, 08:35:38 AM »
This is true. You may think a little different if your kid gets bit by one. I guarantee it

Actually no..my daughter got bit by one that "got away" from the owner that was walking it and needed 2 stitches. I punched it in the head and the owner tried to sue me...but thats a different story. It is based on perception.

Owning dogs most my life I can tell you that dogs are a little like children..sure they are work, but the work isn't that bad if your not very self absorbed and selfish cause the return is 10x what you put into it. There are no bad dogs or children...just bad owners / parents. If you haven't invested in learning how to take care and train one (Obedience class- dogs, parenting class-children) you have no business owning own cause it WILL be unruly.

Your argument is like blaming a pencil for a grammatical error. If common sense and an the IQ of a stapler tells you otherwise...you're going to suck at life.

..no offense. :-\

PS - coming here to post an aggressive and rude message is just disrespectful...is that how your parents raised you? (guess that kinda puts you with likeness to that dog huh?..undisciplined due to the lack of instruction) You can't get your point across in a well mannered, thought out, intelligent way? Stating a opinion is one thing...vomiting insults and harsh words is just tale tell signs of a ignorant person that can't vocalize intelligent thought.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2009, 06:12:22 AM »
I love cats and dogs.   8)

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2009, 07:40:11 AM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2009, 08:16:49 AM »
they need constatnt attention, you have to buy lots of food, you have to walk them, they smell like shit, they are always all over you and annoy you especially when eating or trying to watch a movie, they shit everywhere and piss on the floors, they chew up or rip apart furniture, cables, most anything left in their reach, many of them bite or maul people, and worst of all, THEY MAKE A SHITLOAD OF NOISE AT ALL HOURS.
you may love dogs (for some reason), but chances are you neighbors dont want to hear your animal howling all fucking night or early in the morning, or barking nonstop for hours on end while facing the fence at anything that moves, or nothing at all.

I swear i should kill you...but i wont///

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2009, 09:10:48 AM »
haha i started this thread in a fit of rage, didnt know it was still alive.

Don't forget that dogs are:

search and rescue tools
used for fighting crime
aids to the disabled
aids to the sick
aids to the rehabilitation of the prison population
used in the military
and on numerous occasions have performed great feats of heroism at the expense of their own safety.. 

these are great uses of dogs and these dogs are fine.

however buying a dog so it can just stand in your yard all day howling at the fence is NOT good and is what 99% of the dogs in this country are currently doing.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »

however buying a dog so it can just stand in your yard all day howling at the fence is NOT good and is what 99% of the dogs in this country are currently doing.

How about sitting around the house all day so some loser won't feel lonely?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2009, 09:32:15 AM »
yes this is another thing that makes me laugh, people who are convinced their dog 'loves them' HAHAAHAHAH!

they are like 'at least Rover here is always happy to see me when i get home, he give me so much love', etc etc.. then i tell them the dog would do the same exact thing to any human who walked in the door, and that they would be just as happy with ANY person that gives them food. you could disappear from one day to the next and as long as their was food in the bowl the dog wont give two shits. in reality you are completely replaceable. who you are makes no fucking difference to the dog. but hey if they want to think them and the dog have some special relationship then whatever i guess haha.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2009, 09:50:37 AM »
yes this is another thing that makes me laugh, people who are convinced their dog 'loves them' HAHAAHAHAH!

they are like 'at least Rover here is always happy to see me when i get home, he give me so much love', etc etc.. then i tell them the dog would do the same exact thing to any human who walked in the door, and that they would be just as happy with ANY person that gives them food. you could disappear from one day to the next and as long as their was food in the bowl the dog wont give two shits. in reality you are completely replaceable. who you are makes no fucking difference to the dog. but hey if they want to think them and the dog have some special relationship then whatever i guess haha.

You're obviously not one who subscribes to the notion that people only learn how to be human through pet ownership. :)

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2009, 01:00:46 PM »

Haha So true.

Damn this thread still alive ???

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2009, 02:46:16 PM »

That is a very true statement, so while knowing that your anger should be towards the owners, not the dogs, as they are the ones responsible for the howling dogs.
:D Weee

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »
That is a very true statement, so while knowing that your anger should be towards the owners, not the dogs, as they are the ones responsible for the howling dogs.

Its easier for them to hate the dogs and express anger towards them.  Maybe they are afraid of confrontation with actual people, some seem bitter and angry, even a bit sociopathic.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2009, 04:59:48 PM »

As far as I know, no one has GENUINELY tried to get Michael Vick brutalized via the legal system. It's more a gut "arrrgh what a horrible human being". Rest assured if Michael Vick got put in Guantanamo and waterboarded the ACLU would be on that like Coach on soapy studs.

Not to mention, honestly, it shows a special kind of callousness for one to abuse and beat a creature that is pretty much innocent. It's like if he was setting toddlers on fire, the human mind can't help but be more repulsed by the maltreatment of children and animals over adults.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »

True. The person leaving their dog yapping in the yard/kennel all day will swear they love it and don't consider this kind of treatment abuse. IMO, these people are worse than Matrix and others who 'don't get it' because they're hiding behind neediness and calling it compassion.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2009, 07:37:20 PM »
True. The person leaving their dog yapping in the yard/kennel all day will swear they love it and don't consider this kind of treatment abuse. IMO, these people are worse than Matrix and others who 'don't get it' because they're hiding behind neediness and calling it compassion.

that shit drives me INSANE. dogs are social, they need some human contact at the very least. not to mention it leads to a much better behaved animal. my little dude is with me pretty much all day and he's comically well-behaved. never leaves my side unless he thinks i'm okay with it. never bites anyone, never growls, nothin'.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2009, 05:11:46 AM »
I hate the State.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2009, 10:55:14 AM »
I couldn't disagree more, but I am glad you feel this way because it is blatantly obvious that you are not capable of assuming the responsibility that comes along with a dog.  Gee what a surprise - you have to feed and walk a dog....and they poop  ::)  Lol....many of them bite or maul people - oh brother, percentage-wise very few dogs bite or maul people.