Author Topic: Do you get star Struck?  (Read 5456 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Do you get star Struck?
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
I honestly don't get the big deal about celebrities.  People go fucking apeshit when they come within a mile of them.  I just don't get it.  They are people that act for a living. Big fucking deal.  You act, that's it.  No contribution to society then fucking acting.  It really makes me laugh when people camp out of wait in line for hours for a signature.  Someone taking a sharpie and writing their name.  That's it.  nothing else.  What's wrong with this world.

What kills me the most is that they have 20 award shows that celebrate themselves.  The vanity is unreal.  They are disgusting humans.

Discuss

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Re: Do you get star Struck?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:19:50 PM »
I honestly don't get the big deal about celebrities.  People go fucking apeshit when they come within a mile of them.  I just don't get it.  They are people that act for a living. Big fucking deal.  You act, that's it.  No contribution to society then fucking acting.  It really makes me laugh when people camp out of wait in line for hours for a signature.  Someone taking a sharpie and writing their name.  That's it.  nothing else.  What's wrong with this world.

What kills me the most is that they have 20 award shows that celebrate themselves.  The vanity is unreal.  They are disgusting humans.

Discuss

you are right
i'm not a fan of anyone,i just appreciate good work

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »
yes i never understood how some can stand in line to maybe get something autographed by someone...stupid
tank u jesus

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »
N

O
I am a big baby

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 02:24:42 PM »
yes i never understood how some can stand in line to maybe get something autographed by someone...stupid

Or wait in line and even camp out, to see the latest Star Wars, or to get the Iphone or whatever or reasons people wait in this ridiculous lines for.... ::)
HAHA, RON.....

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 02:27:50 PM »
Ouch. You just took out my passion for book collecting in one post. Getbig can be so cruel sometimes.   :'(

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 02:31:45 PM »
Ouch. You just took out my passion for book collecting in one post. Getbig can be so cruel sometimes.   :'(

The story told by the author is his/her signature.  having them write inside "HI Chimps" with a sharpie is dumb. They don't know or care about you.  All they care about is pushing the book because their publisher that paid them to write forced them.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 02:35:28 PM »

LOL! ;D

i will say though.. having a valid work of art like an album signed by the writer/musicians or book by it's writer does have some value...
however standing in line to have an actor sign a piece of paper is silly
tank u jesus

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 02:38:10 PM »
The story told by the author is his/her signature.  having them write inside "HI Chimps" with a sharpie is dumb. They don't know or care about you.  All they care about is pushing the book because their publisher that paid them to write forced them.
Sometimes. The signature can add, sometimes significantly, to a book's value. Get a book signed by Nora Roberts, not so much. Get 1st ed. signed by Cormac McCarthy and you've probably got a $1,000 book. Someone like Thomas Pynchon , $100,000. JD Salinger's valuation would be up to Sotheby's.  

/and i just get a simple signature.  

ASJChaotic

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 02:41:25 PM »
question is .... would you get star struck by a getbig celebrity?  8)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 02:46:28 PM »
question is .... would you get star struck by a getbig celebrity?  8)

I'd quiver if I met Alex's hair

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »
ask that question to only me keith....

He's the only person that wasn't a Hollywood actor like Tom Cruise, etc to meet so many famous people

Keith even sat next to Jonsey from police academy at a charity event.

so it would be wise to PM Keith and ask him about his perspective about this

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »
Or wait in line and even camp out, to see the latest Star Wars, or to get the Iphone or whatever or reasons people wait in this ridiculous lines for.... ::)

I can barely stand to wait in line at the bank or grocery store.
~

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 03:08:22 PM »
the only part of them you get to know from media is the vain and artificial side of their lives.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 03:10:23 PM »
by the way, quit watching TV

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
You are right MOS, I actually made a thread last month on how I would be more star struck if I met a Getbig celeb than an actual celeb.  I just don't care.  Sure I admit I have a cople athletes autographs, but no I am not the star struck type. 

ASJChaotic

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »
You are right MOS, I actually made a thread last month on how I would be more star struck if I met a Getbig celeb than an actual celeb.  I just don't care.  Sure I admit I have a cople athletes autographs, but no I am not the star struck type. 

blasphemy! i know you scream like a little girl when you see the Jonas Brothers in concert  ;D

madmax

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 03:44:52 PM »
i have seen about two relativley famous people in my life and both times i was star struck. If there was something i wanted badly i would travel a pretty far distance to obtain it but i probaly would not que in a line for hours for the simple fact that i have social anxiety

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 03:50:36 PM »

Discuss

You're talking about vanity after some of the stories you've given us on here? How ironic.

Jizzacked

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 03:55:53 PM »
I get some crazy butterflies in my stomach when I think about meeting the great mars.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 04:03:29 PM »
You're talking about vanity after some of the stories you've given us on here? How ironic.

I'm only vain to you guys.  not all the time on TV :-)

What kills me is when someone thinks they're special when they meet a celeb.  This one fag at my work has this blown up 4X4 foot photo of him and Celine Dionne.  Who cares, but he does because he's a schmoe who's highlight of his life was being at the same place as her and having a photo taken.  probably thinks he's special.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 04:16:33 PM »
I would be start struck If beyonce did her single ladies dance routine for me in private  :P

I

Charfman84

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »
I saw Hi Pitch Erik from the Howard Stern Show at JFK Airport and nearly shit my pants in excitement.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 04:55:53 PM »
I was no George W. Bush fan but I worked at the Army/Navy football game and he walked about 10ft from me and I thought it was the coolest thing I ever saw.
$

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
I've seen Al Gore, not star struck at all.