Author Topic: Do you get star Struck?  (Read 5450 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Do you get star Struck?
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 01:09:02 PM »
I saw him....Maria too.   I was calm  :)
Stella........ if you mean to tell me you were just like.....OK...... THERE'S ARNOLD AND MARIA......and you weren't shocked....... you are just a plain liar......I love people who try and act unmoved by things like this...... TOO MACHO OR TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL......Just be honest and admit, YES, I do get star struck. I call BS right here..... right now!!!!!

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2009, 01:11:36 PM »
Well he invented the most important, life altering thing humans beings have ever experienced.  I put Al Gore up there with Einstein and quantum phyiscs. :)
Bad example...... if I saw that asshole liberal Gore, I would friggin toss my breakfast up...... the guy is a hypocrite.

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
willie, get over it.

some people simply dont care. they are not lying, they simply couldnt give a fuck if they saw the guy who was in top gun buying groceries.

its just not important or exciting to me if i see a celebrity, whether it be movie or sports related. ive seen plenty where i live....

guess what?....theyre just people. im happier running into my mechanic...he does things for me and doesnt have an ego.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2009, 02:09:14 PM »
Stella........ if you mean to tell me you were just like.....OK...... THERE'S ARNOLD AND MARIA......and you weren't shocked....... you are just a plain liar......I love people who try and act unmoved by things like this...... TOO MACHO OR TOO COOL FOR SCHOOL......Just be honest and admit, YES, I do get star struck. I call BS right here..... right now!!!!!

I saw them coming out of a restaurant that we were going into.  They were walking to a big bus w/some of who I was told were Maria's relatives.  I only recognized Maria and Arnold.  Arnold and I nodded hello at each other (he probably does this to everyone).  I'm not lying when I say that I was not star struck.  They are just people.    I had VIP tickets at one Arnold Classic.  We had them mainly to have good seats for Fitness.  The tickets included a chance to meet Arnold and I think have your pic taken w/him.  I was not standing in line for that. 

Maybe there is a star that I would be in shock if I saw them, but I can't think of one.  Keep in mind that some of these celebrities are just successful (in their field) theater majors.  Remember the theater majors in your college? (no offense to any theater majors!)

R

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »

these celebrities are just successful (in their field) theater majors.  Remember the theater majors in your college? (no offense to any theater majors!)

Theatre majors rarely achieve star status with anyone outside their field or industry  these days.
It's the film & TV actors who more often achieve stardom. Theatre actors tend to overact and can't compartamentalize or bring it down for film .
w

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 11:40:47 PM »
I'm not sure about actors or athletes, but I'd definitely be star struck by some prolific academics or political pundits.  Heck, I was even a little shy meeting my local congressman  :-[

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2009, 01:12:41 AM »
Saw Elle McPherson today at the beach. Still hot.
No doubt about it...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2009, 01:52:04 AM »
Saw Elle McPherson today at the beach. Still hot.
Did you ask her if she has any webcke in her and if she would like some? 

Or if the getbig t-shirts were here you could have hit that instantly.  Blame Ron. 

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2009, 02:00:14 AM »
Did you ask her if she has any webcke in her and if she would like some? 

Or if the getbig t-shirts were here you could have hit that instantly.  Blame Ron. 

She glanced at me and i think she was impressed with my calves and lats.
No doubt about it...

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2009, 02:03:01 AM »
She glanced at me and i think she was impressed with my calves and lats.
I can only imagine what she was thinking...that is a man with muscles, no doubt about it.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2009, 02:16:40 AM »
I can only imagine what she was thinking...that is a man with muscles, no doubt about it.

I wouldn't blame her.......
No doubt about it...

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2009, 07:59:50 AM »
willie, get over it.

some people simply dont care. they are not lying, they simply couldnt give a fuck if they saw the guy who was in top gun buying groceries.

its just not important or exciting to me if i see a celebrity, whether it be movie or sports related. ive seen plenty where i live....

guess what?....theyre just people. im happier running into my mechanic...he does things for me and doesnt have an ego.
wes..... you get over it......I am sure there are a few celebs out there who are REGULAR PEOPLE TOO.......SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A LITTLE HANG UP BRO!!!!!!

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2009, 08:22:40 AM »
wes..... you get over it......I am sure there are a few celebs out there who are REGULAR PEOPLE TOO.......SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE A LITTLE HANG UP BRO!!!!!!

not really, my only hang up is people that treat celebs like royalty. there are numerous magazines, tv shows, newspapers, etc solely dedicated to what celebs wear and eat. i find it ridiculous. paparazzi camping out to take a picture of someone kid??? or waiting for them to get off a plane??? these guys feed off this....because the general public feeds off these stupid mags and shit. there wouldnt be paparazzi if no one cared what boots jessica simpson wore to the dentist!

im sure there are TONS of celebs that are normal folk. there are alot of celebs that are fucking loons. my point is that i dont see a need to glorify what they do.....just because they are on my tv...or in the movie i want to watch. why would you want a autograph or a pic with a celebrity? i just dont get it.

watching celebs work on their craft...ie: watching a good movie....or watching jordan dunk from the 3 point line....thats what it is all about. getting all excited because you saw robert deniro buying coffee next to you is just dumb IN MY OPINION......

and thats all it is, my opinion

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2009, 09:11:35 AM »
wes......

i apologize....... i have been a little abrassive regarding this topic.

i don't want to come across as though i think that celebs are above everyone else, my only point is that, when i see someone that is well known, i think that it is such a shock to see them in person, that i seem to get star stuck.

if i see any well known figure, i know i would have a feeling of surprise or amazement to see him or her in the flesh...... i find it hard to believe that someone would remain perfectly calm if they saw Nancy Reagan or Pete Rose or Arnold S. or even Joe Willie Namath, in a public setting. i don't live in LA, so it is rare for me to see well know celebs. i am only assuming that most people would feel the same way....... again, i apologize if i got to emotionally involved with this topic.......

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »
wes......

i apologize....... i have been a little abrassive regarding this topic.

i don't want to come across as though i think that celebs are above everyone else, my only point is that, when i see someone that is well known, i think that it is such a shock to see them in person, that i seem to get star stuck.

if i see any well known figure, i know i would have a feeling of surprise or amazement to see him or her in the flesh...... i find it hard to believe that someone would remain perfectly calm if they saw Nancy Reagan or Pete Rose or Arnold S. or even Joe Willie Namath, in a public setting. i don't live in LA, so it is rare for me to see well know celebs. i am only assuming that most people would feel the same way....... again, i apologize if i got to emotionally involved with this topic.......

no worries willie.....it is what it is ;)

i dont live in LA either, but they film alot where i am....i live about 5 miles from screen gem studios.

Dont get me wrong, it is cool to see john travolta or alec baldwin walking down the street.....but i just dont see the big deal.

i guess i might be a little jaded because im sick of of hearing about celebs all the time......so i might be abrasive as well!!! LOL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2009, 01:22:50 PM »
not really, my only hang up is people that treat celebs like royalty. there are numerous magazines, tv shows, newspapers, etc solely dedicated to what celebs wear and eat. i find it ridiculous. paparazzi camping out to take a picture of someone kid??? or waiting for them to get off a plane??? these guys feed off this....because the general public feeds off these stupid mags and shit. there wouldnt be paparazzi if no one cared what boots jessica simpson wore to the dentist!

There's also the reverse aspect of it as well... insecure, self conscious people who go out of their way to treat celebs like dirt, in order to prove to themselves and the world how laid back they are. Either way it sucks for the celeb.

The celebs don't feed off it. The agents, mgrs, publicists, photographers, magazines etc., feed off it.
The celebs are literally eaten alive by it! You have no idea how troublesome, disruptive, and dangerous it becomes.

watching celebs work on their craft...ie: watching a good movie....or watching jordan dunk from the 3 point line....thats what it is all about. getting all excited because you saw robert deniro buying coffee next to you is just dumb IN MY OPINION......

and thats all it is, my opinion

In total agreement with you there. It's stupid. Even stupider is when people you've known and dealt with for years, all of a sudden start to get stupid in your presence because you might have appeared in film or been on TV or because you know someone in person.  ::)  I had to stop renting DVD's for a while because of that.  :'(
w

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2009, 01:56:50 PM »
There's also the reverse aspect of it as well... insecure, self conscious people who go out of their way to treat celebs like dirt, in order to prove to themselves and the world how laid back they are. Either way it sucks for the celeb.

The celebs don't feed off it. The agents, mgrs, publicists, photographers, magazines etc., feed off it.
The celebs are literally eaten alive by it! You have no idea how troublesome, disruptive, and dangerous it becomes.

yeah...ive seen that side as well. remember when steve bushemi was stabbed in the face at a bar? that wasnt the only incident while he and a few others were in town to do a movie. youre right, people would go out of the way to try to prove that (seemingly) they were more important/ better than the celebs.

i do think a good portion of celebs feed of it.....they get free shit all the time!! LOL they fucking love it!!!

i cant imagine a camera being jabbed in my face like that. total bullshit! and some say "hey, youre famous....its part of the lifestyle".....crap. paparazzi goes....3/4 of the problems are solved