Author Topic: EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF ANYONE DYING IN THE GYM? STORIES?  (Read 4817 times)

spinnis

Re: EVER SEEN OR HEARD OF ANYONE DYING IN THE GYM? STORIES?
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2009, 03:31:41 PM »
My sister's fiancee passed away in the gym two weeks ago.   Died of a heart attack on the elliptical machine....was 25 years old and in great shape.....been a rough couple of weeks.

How the hell?!  25 yr old?   Alot of heart problems in his family/relatives Im guessing?

how old is your sister? Make your to be there Alot for here. Something like that can fuck you up for life if you don't get the support needed.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 03:31:51 PM »
One time I got a weird feeling in my chest? on the treadmill.  Felt like my heart was beating funny (could have been something else?).  Really freaked me out.  :-X

this has happened to me as well...it's scary!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2009, 11:19:37 AM »
How the hell?!  25 yr old?   Alot of heart problems in his family/relatives Im guessing?

how old is your sister? Make your to be there Alot for here. Something like that can fuck you up for life if you don't get the support needed.

No heart problems in his family we know of.  My sister is also 25.  She's surrounded by family and friends and is kinda like a gypsy stayin with my folks some, me and my wife, one of my other sisters and her husband, her fiancee's family, her friends....so far she has a good support network and it does have to be maintained now more than ever.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
Fuck, that's harsh.  Not to state the obvious but maybe suggest some grief counseling when she's ready.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 07:26:00 AM »
lot of guys going to the gym without consulting a Dr. first....I'm sure there are a lot of people who due everyday while running and or exercising

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 07:26:42 AM »
I once hit a most muscular and some bitch dropped dead instantly........
No doubt about it...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »
I once hit a most muscular and some bitch dropped dead instantly........

awesome line...funny! ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 07:33:04 AM »
I killed a couple 6-packs in the gym parking lot one time. Does that count?
a

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 07:36:15 AM »
Make your to be there Alot for here.

???

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 07:37:51 AM »
I once got pissed of by a post on the internet and clack-clack i killed him in my thoughts and posted a pic of a gun i googled!

BOOM!

::) ::)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 07:44:31 AM »
Yes, I saw someone die at the gym. 

The poor bastard died from a hemorrhagic stroke that was induced by hypertension.  He was at the squat rack doing ridiculously heavy weight and shortly after he started, everyone at the gym heard a loud crash and it was him crushed under the barbell. 

Everyone went over and he was unconscious, immediately we called 911 and they took WAY TOO LONG.  Sadly, by the time that they got him to the hospital, he had stopped breathing for over 10 minutes and later tests showed he had developed multiple aneurysms in various parts of his brain.  By squatting, he had only made his blood pressure rise further causing 3 of these aneurysms to burst, hence leading to his death shortly thereafter.

"1"

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 02:03:02 PM »
Yes, I saw someone die at the gym. 

The poor bastard died from a hemorrhagic stroke that was induced by hypertension.  He was at the squat rack doing ridiculously heavy weight and shortly after he started, everyone at the gym heard a loud crash and it was him crushed under the barbell. 

Everyone went over and he was unconscious, immediately we called 911 and they took WAY TOO LONG.  Sadly, by the time that they got him to the hospital, he had stopped breathing for over 10 minutes and later tests showed he had developed multiple aneurysms in various parts of his brain.  By squatting, he had only made his blood pressure rise further causing 3 of these aneurysms to burst, hence leading to his death shortly thereafter.

"1"

Brutal!... :o....I agree with you that this might have happened due to lifting too much weight beyond his ability to do so...and maybe he was holding his breath...I never ever hold my breath when lifting heavy....especially squats......gotta breathe in on the negative...breathe out on the lifting phase.....

I read an interview where Arnold said he can't hold his breath any more as he used to in his younger days when lifting due to the possibility it may cause him to develop high blood pressure and complicate his heart...he says he now breathes in and out during the negative and positive phases of his reps respectively...

I've heard of guys dying under the lying leg press due to pushing up too much weight and holding their breath while doing so

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 02:15:48 PM »
In the summer of two years ago.

A middle age fat guy fell down from the treadmil because of the heart attack or something and only few people there.
And I did massage and mouth to mouth to him. But he died before the ambulance coming.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »
in a gym in vermont ( tennis club )

old guy had a heart attack in the locker

I performed cpr but he was gone :(

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 02:52:12 PM »
A few years back a competitive BBer passed out in my gym from overdoing the Insulin, fell over, banged his head on the way and they had to call an Ambulance.

Wasn't there, missed all the good things (sooo many crims in my gym guys would just disappear for months being locked up for dealing or whatever) one time this big Russian guy picked up a 35 pound DB and was chasing some guy around the gym trying to bash his head in for insulting his brother.

The Russian guy was a real funny guy but he beat someone there up once and when i rocked up that arvo to train there were 6 cops at the door waiting for him. He was big but not BBer symmetry, kind of like how Bane looked out of the Batman comics

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 05:58:14 PM »
WOW!..who knew that all of these things were going on in gyms? ;D