Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 50796 times)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #775 on: June 10, 2009, 12:01:25 AM »
yes, thank you for stating the obvious, again.

::)

lee misses the point blank alley oop.

overtime...

lee put gasol on his butt

turkey hits the 3. ORL up 3 with .45 to go.

irony...

your breath must smell like feet, you have them in your mouth so much

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #776 on: June 10, 2009, 12:45:25 AM »
::)

irony...

your breath must smell like feet, you have them in your mouth so much

....Theres a difference between stating the obvious while in a dialogue to sound intelligent...versus doing a play by play of a live game.

by the way..your ad hominems are....sad.

But for someone as docile as you are it is to be expected.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #777 on: June 10, 2009, 01:46:19 AM »

....Theres a difference between stating the obvious while in a dialogue to sound intelligent...versus doing a play by play of a live game.

to help prove yourself wrong yet again; stating the obvious is subjective, assuming we needed your play by play or got any value from it undermines your action because we in fact did not need it nor did we get any value from it, therefore you were in deed stating the obvious to us. i just explained how you were stating the obvious in simple english.

now perhaps you can explain how i stated the obvious by providing facts coupled with logic like i have above.

I provided ample reasoning as to why the ASW is in LA to contradict your assumption and undertone of the situation.

it is apparent that you are unable to hold a dialog w/o relegating to 4th grade insults and your critical thinking skills are just as juvenile. this greatly reduces the value of your relevancy here and actually burdens you with having to provide even more support for you opinionated posts to be taken seriously.

needing to depend on circular reasoning makes it obvious you are not accustom to a logical debate.

thats why we appreciate you here though, you keep the intelligence factor here heavily curved.

you may continue..tappity..tap.. tappity..tap

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #778 on: June 10, 2009, 08:08:43 AM »
shouldn't you be jerking off to a ray lewis poster? go sit down little guy.

Just got done finishing up, thanks! ;)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #779 on: June 10, 2009, 08:58:09 AM »
to help prove yourself wrong yet again; stating the obvious is subjective, assuming we needed your play by play or got any value from it undermines your action because we in fact did not need it nor did we get any value from it, therefore you were in deed stating the obvious to us. i just explained how you were stating the obvious in simple english.

now perhaps you can explain how i stated the obvious by providing facts coupled with logic like i have above.

I provided ample reasoning as to why the ASW is in LA to contradict your assumption and undertone of the situation.

it is apparent that you are unable to hold a dialog w/o relegating to 4th grade insults and your critical thinking skills are just as juvenile. this greatly reduces the value of your relevancy here and actually burdens you with having to provide even more support for you opinionated posts to be taken seriously.

needing to depend on circular reasoning makes it obvious you are not accustom to a logical debate.

thats why we appreciate you here though, you keep the intelligence factor here heavily curved.

you may continue..tappity..tap.. tappity..tap

I appreciate your long winded attempt to sound intelligent, but you fell short in doing so. I indeed stated the obvious, but in a rhetorical sense, while you stated the obvious in the context of enlightenment. Do you see the distinction between the two? Good.

now, do you realise your attempt at enlightenment was a failure? I'm sure you realised this by now, hence the futile attempt to save face with that novel that you wrote up there.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #780 on: June 10, 2009, 10:27:40 AM »
Good game.  I like the fact Orlando had the best shooting game in NBA Finals history and still only won by four.  I like LA's chances in game four. 

The Black Mamba is mortal.  Huge misses at the FT line.  His play in the first quarter was off the charts, but he was pretty average after that.

Gasol is playing like an MVP. 

I am going to stop criticizing NBA players as much as I used to.  Always thought they were the biggest cry babies in sports (no one ever commits a foul).  But man the officials just flat out stink.  Terrible calls all around throughout the entire playoffs.  Three guys and they still can't get it right.  I want to see refs take the podium after games just like the coaches and players and answer questions. 

And no, the refs are not the reason Orlando won game three. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #781 on: June 10, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »
I appreciate your long winded attempt to sound intelligent, but you fell short in doing so. I indeed stated the obvious, but in a rhetorical sense, while you stated the obvious in the context of enlightenment. Do you see the distinction between the two? Good.

now, do you realise your attempt at enlightenment was a failure? I'm sure you realised this by now, hence the futile attempt to save face with that novel that you wrote up there.

so youre not going to give examples pertinent to your baseless claims. didnt think you could  ;)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #782 on: June 11, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »
:)

That was tough to watch as a Laker fan.
They had 0 FT in the 4th  ... WTF. Nice they are up 3-1 !

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #783 on: June 11, 2009, 09:20:49 PM »
If I had a Pennie for every time a laker fan has dogged and bitched about Derrick phisher in this thread I'd be a rich man.now they will be praising him again in typical fair weather fashion.....PS Gasol is one ugly SOB.
DAWG

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #784 on: June 11, 2009, 09:35:06 PM »
howard -_-

had 2 ft's. Only needed one to ice the game. Missed both.

Great game though.

body88

« Reply #785 on: June 11, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »
If I had a Pennie for every time a laker fan has dogged and bitched about Derrick phisher in this thread I'd be a rich man.now they will be praising him again in typical fair weather fashion.....PS Gasol is one ugly SOB.

We call him "the lama" here in Boston.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #786 on: June 12, 2009, 04:47:30 AM »
This is for Beach Bum, and thanks to derek Fisher my bank account is looking great

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #787 on: June 12, 2009, 08:20:25 AM »
This is for Beach Bum, and thanks to derek Fisher my bank account is looking great

yes yes...me too

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #788 on: June 12, 2009, 02:27:39 PM »

Sweeeeet.  :)  Hope they close it out on Sunday. 

I think Peitrus (sp?) should be suspended.  Looked like a flagrant II to me.   

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #789 on: June 13, 2009, 07:40:32 AM »
Bryant Gets Plenty of Help

Saturday, June 13, 2009

ORLANDO, June 12 -- These NBA Finals have been all about Kobe Bryant, his facial expressions, his flaring nostrils and his scowl, which seems to be the permanent work of a plastic surgeon. His smiles are charted like an extra stat on the box score. Was that a laugh? Wait, that might have been a grin.

Bryant's glare of determination serves a purpose while coming across as somewhat scripted, but it also overlooks how the Los Angeles Lakers have a 3-1 lead over the Orlando Magic, how they are on the cusp of a 15th championship, and how Bryant is one win from his fourth title because his teammates are bailing out him, not the other way around.

The Lakers were able to come back from a 12-point halftime deficit to pull out a 99-91 overtime victory because forward Trevor Ariza, the player Orlando dumped on the Lakers last season because he supposedly couldn't shoot, scored 14 of his 16 points and made two three-pointers in the third quarter. They forced overtime and went ahead for good because Derek Fisher, who has been criticized for being too old and too inaccurate on his jumper this postseason, forgot that he missed his first five three-point attempts and made his last two. And they defeated the Magic because Spanish forward Pau Gasol, who has brushed off his soft label like lint on his sport coat this series, had two emphatic dunks and some choice words -- in his second language -- for Orlando's Mickael Pietrus in overtime.

"None of us can continue at times to just expect that Kobe is going to save us," Fisher said. "We all have to be willing to take blame, responsibility and accountability, when things go well, as well as [when things go] bad."

Lost in the spectacle of Fisher's two big three-pointers and Dwight Howard's huge missed free throws, was that since erupting for 40 points in the Lakers' Game 1 blowout, Bryant had his third straight forgettable fourth quarter in this series. Bryant missed six of eight attempts and had a turnover in the fourth period. His greatest contribution in the final seconds of regulation was attracting the attention of the Magic defense, so that Fisher could have ample space to dribble up the floor and fire the game-tying three to force overtime.

Bryant made two jumpers to start overtime, but also hit Fisher -- after he accidentally clocked Magic point guard Jameer Nelson in the face with an elbow -- at the top of the key for the three-pointer that put the Lakers up for good.

"He just has supreme confidence," Bryant said of Fisher. "And I think those shots at the end of the game are actually easier for him than the other ones."

Bryant may be gunning for his first title without Shaquille O'Neal, but he has never won one without Fisher, either. Fisher won three championships before signing as a free agent with Golden State in 2004. He spent two years with the Warriors and one in Utah before returning to the Lakers to find the best treatment after a rare form of eye cancer was diagnosed in his young daughter. Since returning to the Lakers in the summer of 2007, he has given Bryant a sounding board, a like-minded competitor and a complementary locker room leader.

"They've definitely been together for a long time," Ariza said. "They came in together, so they definitely have a good bond, and they show us how to do things."

Earlier this season, Bryant joked that his leadership was more similar to the confrontational style of Malcolm X, while Fisher took the more measured approach of President Obama. Immediately after the Game 4 win, Fisher didn't allow his teammates to forget that they still need one more win. He and Lakers Coach Phil Jackson reminded them of 2000 NBA Finals, when the Lakers held off Indiana in overtime in Game 4, then went out and lost the next game by 33 points before closing out the series in six games.

"We still know we have work to do," Fisher said.

Ariza didn't have significant postseason experience entering the postseason, but the fifth-year player has always had a sense for the moment, whether it was getting two steals in two wins in the final seconds against Denver in the conference finals, or on Thursday, when he got the Lakers off and running early in the third quarter with a steal and a dunk. "When I'm aggressive early, it kind of gets our team going," Ariza said.

And for the second time this series, Gasol was the player who slammed the door shut on Orlando. He scored seven points in the final six minutes of the game, finishing with 16 points and 10 rebounds in 49 minutes. He also absorbed a closed-fisted shove in the back from Pietrus, then dunked and barked in Pietrus's face afterward.

"I said a couple things that I can't repeat on camera," Gasol said. "I said it in English so I made sure he understood it; if I had known it in French, I would have said it in French."

Whether it's in Spanish, French or English, the only phrase that Bryant and the Lakers are focused on now is winning that ring. Bryant is averaging a series-best 33 points. But he is also shooting just 42.9 percent. If he continues to shoot poorly, and his team continues to win, Bryant will take it -- by any means necessary. "It's playing with that passion all year," Bryant said. "Having that goal in mind, and just trying to stay the course. That's what makes champions."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #790 on: June 13, 2009, 09:48:37 AM »
lol.   :)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: June 13, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »
who are these hating guys?
hahaahahaah deal with it

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: June 13, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
who are these hating ####?
hahaahahaah deal with it

lol.  Tell me about it.  Pretty desperate haters. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #793 on: June 13, 2009, 04:37:26 PM »
This is dumb.  You stick a microphone in a coach's face in the middle of a hotly contested game and them fine him because he didn't have the restraint not to criticize the officials?   ::)

Jackson fined for Game 4 comments
ESPN.com news services

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The NBA has fined Lakers coach Phil Jackson $25,000 for criticizing the officials during Game 4 of the Finals.

The league also penalized the Lakers $25,000 on Saturday for Jackson's comments, which came during an interview with ABC between the first and second quarters of their 99-91 overtime victory Thursday.

Jackson said there were some "bogus" calls after the Lakers' Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum each picked up two fouls in the first quarter.

Game 5 of the NBA Finals is at 8 p.m. Sunday on ABC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4256549

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #794 on: June 14, 2009, 07:49:51 PM »
How about those Lakers!!!

Feel free to hit me up while I'm out helping LA burn tonight!

Time to riot!

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #795 on: June 14, 2009, 08:04:25 PM »
Champs!

:D

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #796 on: June 14, 2009, 08:50:35 PM »
Big_mal, Tu_holmes, MB_722 and Beach bum.....Congratulations guys!!!!
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

MOTHERFUCKEN CHAMPS

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #797 on: June 15, 2009, 10:07:30 AM »
boring and predictable

typical nba season

E
E

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #798 on: June 15, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
boring and predictable

typical nba season

E
nah i enjoyed it, made some good $$ out of it to.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #799 on: June 15, 2009, 02:17:29 PM »