Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 51374 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2009, 11:26:41 AM »
lol.

seriously. they went to western conf finals last year. Theyre solid. booze just came off knee surgery i believe and okur is out. Booze,okur and dwill is their core offense production

Utah lost to LA in the second round last year.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
Kobe washed away all his game 3 sins in game 4, go get em kobe.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2009, 02:55:14 PM »

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2009, 03:03:07 PM »
the first round really needs to be eliminated

only the top 4 seeds from each conference should make the playoffs

E
E

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2009, 03:13:48 PM »

E
I don't know. Maybe a bye for the 1 seed and back to best of 5 for the first round.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »

E
good idea for fans, but for the owners of the teams it sucks, most teams either lose $ or break even in the regular season, its not until the playoffs where the profit starts coming in.
especially for teams like atlanta, orlando who have a small market, they need that extra TV money, Home games, playoff merchandise sales to stay healthy.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2009, 04:16:01 PM »
good idea for fans, but for the owners of the teams it sucks, most teams either lose $ or break even in the regular season, its not until the playoffs where the profit starts coming in.
especially for teams like atlanta, orlando who have a small market, they need that extra TV money, Home games, playoff merchandise sales to stay healthy.

yeah it is all about money

just boring basketball imo, i don't know how anybody can enjoy watching their 6 seed team, knowing that they have no shot of winning a title

i don't think it geta interesting until the finals but outside of detroit in 2004 and maybe the heat in 06, has anybody ever been surprised by the champion?

E
E

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
when is the season over?  Tired of basketball

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2009, 10:55:55 AM »
Yes they did as usual.  Somone needs to tell the refs that B Roy is a two time all star and they need to call the fouls when he gets bumped.  But I also admit the Blazers did shaft themselves too.  Blazers need to win game 4 if they want to have a chance. 

Didn't happen.

Guess we're f*cked again. Why do they let Outlaw play in those situations? I would rather see Sergio in there than Trout.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »

Is Cleveland that good or Detroit that bad? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »

yeah it is all about money

just boring basketball imo, i don't know how anybody can enjoy watching their 6 seed team, knowing that they have no shot of winning a title

i don't think it geta interesting until the finals but outside of detroit in 2004 and maybe the heat in 06, has anybody ever been surprised by the champion?

E

Earl don't you watch your favorite team every year whether they are good or bad? 

I had an awfully long drought as a Laker fan in the 90s, so I'm really happy to see them play well again. 

Also, there have been some very good games so far (Portland v. Houston, Chicago v. Boston, Orlando, etc.) 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:38 PM »
Didn't happen.

Guess we're f*cked again. Why do they let Outlaw play in those situations? I would rather see Sergio in there than Trout.
Travis is good, just does some stupid things sometimes.  I certainly don't think Sergio is a better offensive weapon but he is good at making things happen like moving the ball around and creating shots for the big guys.  Hopefully the Blazers won't get knocked out at home.  :( 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2009, 01:08:43 PM »
Earl don't you watch your favorite team every year whether they are good or bad? 

I had an awfully long drought as a Laker fan in the 90s, so I'm really happy to see them play well again. 

Also, there have been some very good games so far (Portland v. Houston, Chicago v. Boston, Orlando, etc.) 

i wouldn't

i don't watch the pirates because i know they aren't competing for anything

in the nfl, nba, and mlb all teams that make the playoffs have a chance

it's not like that in the nba, the best team always wins

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2009, 01:48:15 PM »
i wouldn't

i don't watch the pirates because i know they aren't competing for anything
in the nfl, nba, and mlb all teams that make the playoffs have a chance

it's not like that in the nba, the best team always wins

E

So you're saying that you would only follow the Pirates if they were a winning team?  ::) That about sums up the kind of fan you are.

Like i said before...everyone loves a winner....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2009, 02:38:16 PM »
So you're saying that you would only follow the Pirates if they were a winning team?  ::) That about sums up the kind of fan you are.

Like i said before...everyone loves a winner....

i don't watch AAA baseball teams pretending to be major league caliber, why should i watch a bad team with zero chance of becoming a winner?

baseball is boring anyways, i don't even watch the world series but at least the playoffs are interesting, unlike the nba playoffs

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »
if you're a bulls fan and they upset the celtics, do you really think the bulls have a chance of getting to the finals and winning?

how do you get excited as a bulls fan knowing you can't beat the cavs in a series?

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »
i don't watch AAA baseball teams pretending to be major league caliber, why should i watch a bad team with zero chance of becoming a winner?

baseball is boring anyways, i don't even watch the world series but at least the playoffs are interesting, unlike the nba playoffs

E

Let's compare apples to apples, Earl. Using AAA baseball teams is a poor example.

My Orioles suck balls every year but I still back those fuckers and love to talk shit with Red Sox and Yankees fans every chance I get. When the Orioles do finally get their shit together, I will be right there in the thick of it savoring every moment. Shit, If the Devil Rays can do it, then my fucking Orioles can one day do it, too.

It's called having a sense of pride in who you support whether they're perennial winners or losers. That's just my opinion. That's what being a sports fan is all about.

The one year the Pirates start winning will probably be the same year you'll stand on your soapbox trying to convince rival fans that you knew it all along that they would turn it around.

That's called being a fair-weather fan....fans like that have no ball sack.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2009, 03:46:38 PM »
Let's compare apples to apples, Earl. Using AAA baseball teams is a poor example.

My Orioles suck balls every year but I still back those fuckers and love to talk shit with Red Sox and Yankees fans every chance I get. When the Orioles do finally get their shit together, I will be right there in the thick of it savoring every moment. Shit, If the Devil Rays can do it, then my fucking Orioles can one day do it, too.

It's called having a sense of pride in who you support whether they're perennial winners or losers. That's just my opinion. That's what being a sports fan is all about.

The one year the Pirates start winning will probably be the same year you'll stand on your soapbox trying to convince rival fans that you knew it all along that they would turn it around.

That's called being a fair-weather fan....fans like that have no ball sack.

the quality of pirates baseball is AAA

who are oriole fans to talk shit to yankee and red sox fans?  that is just as ridiculous as browns, bengals, and ravens fans talking shit to steeler fans ;)

after this season the pirates will have the record FOR ALL SPORTS as the team with the longest consecutive losing seasons, they are the most pathetic franchise in all of sports and with their current mgt and lack of a cap they will ALWAYS be a loser

call me a fair weather fan if you want, i call it being realistic

i still watched penguin games when they were the worst team in the league earlier this decade

E
E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »
earl=front runner
DAWG

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
earl=front runner

earl=fair weather fan

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2009, 07:24:04 PM »
earl=front runner

i'm a front runner for giving up on a team that has had 17 straight losing seasons in a sport i hate to watch?

read my posts again, forget about my steelers beating your browns 11 straight times ;)

E

E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #146 on: April 27, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
earl=fair weather fan

i hate baseball and think that the first rounds of the nba playoffs are a waste of time

you are a front runner jumping on the ravens bandwagon when they won a super bowl, you are originally from north carolina

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:24 PM »
i hate baseball and think that the first rounds of the nba playoffs are a waste of time

you are a front runner jumping on the ravens bandwagon when they won a super bowl, you are originally from north carolina

E

Bullied into a corner and you whip out the bandwagon bullshit for Baltimore. Whatever you say, Earl. Excuse me if I'm not born and bred from shitsburgh. Did it ever occur to you that a portion of my family is from north Baltimore and lifelong Colts fans before they moved to Indy? Colts, Ravens.....whatever they're named now in this day and age, are MY team and I'm proud to call it so.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
Bullied into a corner and you whip out the bandwagon bullshit for Baltimore. Whatever you say, Earl. Excuse me if I'm not born and bred from shitsburgh. Did it ever occur to you that a portion of my family is from north Baltimore and lifelong Colts fans before they moved to Indy? Colts, Ravens.....whatever they're named now in this day and age, are MY team and I'm proud to call it so.

i'm a fair weather fan just as much as you are a bandwagon fan

E
E

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #149 on: April 27, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »
what shoes is Kobe wearing tonight?>