Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 51213 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2009, 07:25:12 AM »
not sure what your watchin...but don't take my word on it.Theres tons of sport writers and ESPN analysts that agree with me.

Maybe. But I think the series is lacking without Kevin Garnett playing in it. I also think this series would have been wrapped up in 5 games if the Celtics still had Powe and Garnett in the lineup. That takes away any notion that this series is a classic, in my opinion. The Celtics are a much better team than the Bulls when healthy. 62 wins versus 41 wins. 'Nuff said.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:10 AM »
not sure what your watchin...but don't take my word on it.Theres tons of sport writers and ESPN analysts that agree with me.

What series have you seen then? sport writers and espn analysts agree that this is one the best series ever? i doubt that.

a good series but not even close to being considered great, to be great you need great players.
i was a young kid when i watched the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls,Kincks and Pistons battle it out, those were great. i would rank the late mid to late 90's Heat-Kinicks above this one also, those teams hated each other.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2009, 11:59:54 AM »
Maybe. But I think the series is lacking without Kevin Garnett playing in it. I also think this series would have been wrapped up in 5 games if the Celtics still had Powe and Garnett in the lineup. That takes away any notion that this series is a classic, in my opinion. The Celtics are a much better team than the Bulls when healthy. 62 wins versus 41 wins. 'Nuff said.

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle.....you don't judge classic games/series  by who's healthy.Or who won more regular season games.....that being said...yea of course the Celtics are a better team with Garnett,Powe goes without saying doesn't it.
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »
What series have you seen then? sport writers and espn analysts agree that this is one the best series ever? i doubt that.

a good series but not even close to being considered great, to be great you need great players.
i was a young kid when i watched the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls,Kincks and Pistons battle it out, those were great. i would rank the late mid to late 90's Heat-Kinicks above this one also, those teams hated each other.

I agree. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2009, 12:04:57 PM »
no dude,he is a d-bag

That's pretty bad.  I didn't know he was like that. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2009, 12:08:44 PM »

well obviously you don't watch espn or listen to sports talk radio,as you are doubting something that has been being discussed constantly the last few days..Your point goes out the window when you start your argument with "I was a young kid"listen.everyone gets that warm fuzzy feeling thinking back to the games they grew up watching.especially if it's a team they root for.but take your bias and nostalgic memories away and see things as they are.I could care less who wins this series but I still know sports enough to appreciate what I'm watching.It's all subjective but...the numbers don't lie this series has brokin many records and they still have one more to play.
DAWG

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »
well obviously you don't watch espn or listen to sports talk radio,as you are doubting something that has been being discussed constantly the last few days..

yes its being discussed, obviously. but is it being discussed as one of the best series in the history of the NBA as you said it was?

Your point goes out the window when you start your argument with "I was a young kid"listen.everyone gets that warm fuzzy feeling thinking back to the games they grew up watching.

apparently im not the only one who thinks those series were some of the greatest being that the NBA still uses the highlights of those Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Celtics and Knicks playoff battles in todays highlights.

will people still be talking about this series 5,10,20 years later and still using some of the highlights? dont think so.

i can see how some casual sports fans can be a bit short sighted and get caught up in the hype, it is a good series. but you might want to let the dust dust settle and look at the entire NBA Playoff history that is encompassed by so many great players and moments before you crown it one of the greatest ever.

like a kid who immediately says this Christmas was the best ever because he sees the new toys in front of him at the moment, when he gets older he forgets the trendy toys with all the bells and whistles and appreciates the bigger moments.

all the overtimes and lead changes are fun to watch and makes for a good game/series but does not equate to one of the greatest series ever. like a toy with all the bells and whistles, dont get so easily mesmerized.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2009, 01:23:30 PM »
what does offensive force have to do with anything? Oden wasn't a force before his injury? LOLZ. Are you saying you don't use your athleticism to rebound and block shots? Kenyon martin had the same injruy and it took some time for him to get anywhere close to his pre-injury explosiveness.

Did you watch his freshmen year at ostate? The guy had serious hops. He was extremely explosive. He averaged 10 boards and 3 blocks during his time at ohio state.

now one is saying he's a great defender scott. He has all the potential to be one.
I dont think he will be a force defensively, his timing sucks, i know his a rookie, but cmon, he had no impact whatsoever in the houston series, besides ending Dikembe's career

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2009, 01:48:14 PM »
yes its being discussed, obviously. but is it being discussed as one of the best series in the history of the NBA as you said it was?

apparently im not the only one who thinks those series were some of the greatest being that the NBA still uses the highlights of those Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Celtics and Knicks playoff battles in todays highlights.

will people still be talking about this series 5,10,20 years later and still using some of the highlights? dont think so.

i can see how some casual sports fans can be a bit short sighted and get caught up in the hype, it is a good series. but you might want to let the dust dust settle and look at the entire NBA Playoff history that is encompassed by so many great players and moments before you crown it one of the greatest ever.

like a kid who immediately says this Christmas was the best ever because he sees the new toys in front of him at the moment, when he gets older he forgets the trendy toys with all the bells and whistles and appreciates the bigger moments.

all the overtimes and lead changes are fun to watch and makes for a good game/series but does not equate to one of the greatest series ever. like a toy with all the bells and whistles, dont get so easily mesmerized.

Good points.  I'll add that I doubt people will be talking about this series much after the Finals, unless one of these teams wins the Finals. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2009, 02:49:01 PM »
Good points.  I'll add that I doubt people will be talking about this series much after the Finals, unless one of these teams wins the Finals. 

it is a very exciting series but theses teams dont have enough history with each other for this to be considered one of the greatest ever, or the stars.

MJ's shot over Eloh, Magics baby hook to beat the Celtics, Birds multiple clutch shots..so many great moments with great players.

it would awesome if KG came dressed to play in the middle of game seven like Willis Reid did, that was mentioned on Mike and Mike this morning. wont happen though, but it would be great tv!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2009, 02:59:25 PM »

yes...It is being discussed as one of the best in history.and It's already been said that 5,10,20 years down the line 3-4 of the games will be in regular rotation on NBA classics...Rose passed wilt Chamberlain and tied the all time record of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 36 points in his rookie post season debut.factor in record lead changes,And more over times in one series than theres been by one team in all of a post season run combined you got what?An instant classic that what.this series has people watching that don't even follow the NBA.It's got people that don't care for either team(like Myself)watching every game..but yea your right it's nothing special ::)..And you shouldn't feel to good about BeachBum agreeing with you..He thinks Dinosaurs and Man walked the earth at the same time. :o
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: May 01, 2009, 03:09:04 PM »
it is a very exciting series but theses teams dont have enough history with each other for this to be considered one of the greatest ever, or the stars.

MJ's shot over Eloh, Magics baby hook to beat the Celtics, Birds multiple clutch shots..so many great moments with great players.

it would awesome if KG came dressed to play in the middle of game seven like Willis Reid did, that was mentioned on Mike and Mike this morning. wont happen though, but it would be great tv!

That would make awesome TV.  I hope he does it. 

But yes, I think most people who watched the truly great basketball of the 80s and early 90s can put this series in perspective. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: May 01, 2009, 03:12:51 PM »
yes...It is being discussed as one of the best in history.and It's already been said that 5,10,20 years down the line 3-4 of the games will be in regular rotation on NBA classics...Rose passed wilt Chamberlain and tied the all time record of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 36 points in his rookie post season debut.factor in record lead changes,And more over times in one series than theres been by one team in all of a post season run combined you got what?An instant classic that what.this series has people watching that don't even follow the NBA.It's got people that don't care for either team(like Myself)watching every game..but yea your right it's nothing special ::)..And you shouldn't feel to good about BeachBum agreeing with you..He thinks Dinosaurs and Man walked the earth at the same time. :o

big dawg this is the most I've ever seen you post without letting some video clip do your thinking for you.   :)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #188 on: May 01, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »
That would make awesome TV.  I hope he does it. 

But yes, I think most people who watched the trule great basketball of the 80s and early 90s can put this series in perspective. 

i remember Ewing missing that layup to wint the game that would have sent them to the Finals. and Isiah doing that dance in the center of the court, Bird missing his 3 pointer only to get his own rebound, the hard foul on Kurt Ramis..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: May 01, 2009, 03:21:30 PM »
i remember Ewing missing that layup to wint the game that would have sent them to the Finals. and Isiah doing that dance in the center of the court, Bird missing his 3 pointer only to get his own rebound, the hard foul on Kurt Ramis..

Yes!  I just made my son watch game 6 of the Lakers v. Sixers in Finals, when Magic started at center in place of Kareem, and played all five positions.  They don't play basketball like that anymore. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2009, 03:26:52 PM »
and It's already been said that 5,10,20 years down the line 3-4 of the games will be in regular rotation on NBA classics...

where? i would like to see this.

Rose passed wilt Chamberlain and tied the all time record of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with 36 points in his rookie post season debut.

no one cares about that.

..but yea your right it's nothing special

when did i say this. ive said many time this is a very exciting series.

And you shouldn't feel to good about BeachBum agreeing with you..He thinks Dinosaurs and Man walked the earth at the same time.

why does that bother you so much? people have different beliefs like you and I.

i guess the main thing is we are both enjoying one hell of a series by these two teams, if you want to consider this one of the greatest series ever, you can do so, who am i to tell you what to think. by all means enjoy the heck out of it. its entertainment and thats what its for. time will tell whether this series is regarded as one of the greatest ever, though that really is missing the point of enjoying what have now i guess which is the set up to a great game 7, im looking forward to it.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2009, 03:32:14 PM »
Yes!  I just made my son watch game 6 of the Lakers v. Sixers in Finals, when Magic started at center in place of Kareem, and played all five positions.  They don't play basketball like that anymore. 
that was Magics rookie year, 79-80?

i think i was 2 or 3 years old then.

i started watching in like 85 or so, i would still take Magic to start my team. McHale is so underrated, Bird was ruthless seemed almost cold blooded when he played, as a kid he really reminded me of Darth Vader for some reason.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2009, 03:42:04 PM »
that was Magics rookie year, 79-80?

i think i was 2 or 3 years old then.

i started watching in like 85 or so, i would still take Magic to start my team. McHale is so underrated, Bird was ruthless seemed almost cold blooded when he played, as a kid he really reminded me of Darth Vader for some reason.

Yep.  Rookie year.  Incredible.

I don't think we'll ever again see teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, and Sixers, just loaded with HOF players.   

My all-time favorite team would be:

PG:  Magic
SG:  Kobe/Jordan
SF:  Bird
PF:  McHale
C:   Kareem

I'd win a title every year with that team.   :) 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
Yep.  Rookie year.  Incredible.

I don't think we'll ever again see teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Pistons, and Sixers, just loaded with HOF players.   

My all-time favorite team would be:

PG:  Magic
SG:  Kobe/Jordan
SF:  Bird
PF:  McHale
C:   Kareem

I'd win a title every year with that team.   :) 

Get rid of Kobe and you have a team.  I mean WTF the best player ever shouldn't have to share with some rapist.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2009, 05:41:43 PM »
Get rid of Kobe and you have a team.  I mean WTF the best player ever shouldn't have to share with some rapist.   ::)

He's arguably the best player ever.  If we're talking purely offense, I think Kobe is better. 

And he's not a rapist.  Did you follow the Colorado case?  Kobe did not rape Kate Faber.   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2009, 08:13:21 PM »
I dont think he will be a force defensively, his timing sucks, i know his a rookie, but cmon, he had no impact whatsoever in the houston series, besides ending Dikembe's career

point taken. But just keep in mind

A. this was his first year

B. He came off micro fracture knee surgery

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2009, 01:38:45 AM »
point taken. But just keep in mind

A. this was his first year

B. He came off micro fracture knee surgery

Very valid points.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2009, 02:06:54 AM »
D-Whistle shot 17 free throws.  Should be a good game 7. 

Too bad we have to wait till Monday for this:

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
yao has come along way.

hes probably my favorite player to watch. He's10x more agressive and plays with more anger than when kobe dunked on him. Thank god tmac is out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2009, 12:22:58 PM »
I predict Kobe will dunk on either Yao, Artest, or Battier.