Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 51285 times)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #225 on: May 04, 2009, 11:23:24 PM »
Yeah.  Nuts. 

Looks like we got us a series.  I still don't think Houston will give LA much trouble.  That's about as bad as LA can play and Houston shot the ball extremely well.  No way does Artest continue to drain 3s. 

he doesnt seem to be the same player defensively and offensively he is streaky as hell.
i kept waiting for Kobe to turn it on...game two he will be on fire.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #226 on: May 04, 2009, 11:29:14 PM »
he doesnt seem to be the same player defensively and offensively he is streaky as hell.

;D
this is going to be a good series,cant wait til wed!

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #227 on: May 04, 2009, 11:36:46 PM »

;D
this is going to be a good series,cant wait til wed!

i hope so, im fairly sure LA will rebound in game 2 though. lucky bank shot by Ron

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #228 on: May 04, 2009, 11:43:46 PM »

He has always been streaky.  The whole team looked bad today. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2009, 01:40:39 PM »
Still rooting for a Lakers v. Celtics Finals.  They both have some work to do.  I think the Lakers win by 20 today.  Not sure about Boston. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
Still rooting for a Lakers v. Celtics Finals.  They both have some work to do.  I think the Lakers win by 20 today.  Not sure about Boston. 

No love for A.C Carter?

i would like to see Denver and Cleveland but LA/Cleveland would be fascinating

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2009, 02:56:04 PM »
No love for A.C Carter?

i would like to see Denver and Cleveland but LA/Cleveland would be fascinating

:)  He's doing a great job.  Very happy for him. 

I heard someone say Barkley thinks the Nuggets will win the championship. 

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »
lakers are throwing alot of bricks

WTF?  >:(

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »
interesting game tonight.

joey crawford has a quick trigger, and artest should NOT have been thrown out. pathetic. kobe got away with that elbow.

not suprised if he gets suspended

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #234 on: May 07, 2009, 12:08:03 AM »
he won't get suspended.

Game 3 should be fun to watch

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2009, 01:08:47 AM »
he won't get suspended.

Game 3 should be fun to watch

i didnt see the elbow. was it as flagrant as Howard's?

Houston can beat LA, they just need to get Yao more touches and he needs to stay out of foul trouble. Bynum hasnt showed up at all.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2009, 05:15:01 AM »
i didnt see the elbow. was it as flagrant as Howard's?

Houston can beat LA, they just need to get Yao more touches and he needs to stay out of foul trouble. Bynum hasnt showed up at all.

bynum is fucken useless

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2009, 07:02:58 AM »
I don't think Kobe's elbow was that bad..but what fisher did on the other hand deserves a one game suspension.
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2009, 11:30:45 AM »
Great game.  Kobe is just on another level.  Incredible player.  He was talking a bit too much trash though. 

No way does Kobe get suspended.  Artest was trying to push him out of the lane and Kobe pushed back.  Artest acted like a big baby.  If you're going to try and push people around, you have to expect them play you tough too.  He needs to man up.   

Absolutely loved the Derek Fisher foul!  That was worth a one game suspension.  Gave me chicken skin.  Beautiful hit.  Give that man a helmet and pads.  The Niners could use him.   :)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
Absolutely loved the Derek Fisher foul!  That was worth a one game suspension.  Gave me chicken skin.  Beautiful hit.  Give that man a helmet and pads.  The Niners could use him.   :)

;D

that was nice

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2009, 12:32:49 PM »
Great game.  Kobe is just on another level.   

Artest was trying to push him out of the lane and Kobe pushed back. 

yes he is on another level

he pushed back with his elbow, he like Dwight Howard should be suspended. players should not be treated differently

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »
Lol bb making a case for his hero.

that bow' was no different than what howard did to dalembert.

the refs were in the pockets of jerry buss last night, the calls were that bad

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »
yes he is on another level

he pushed back with his elbow, he like Dwight Howard should be suspended. players should not be treated differently

They should treat them as different situations, because that's what they were.  The play was over when Howard threw the elbow and connected with the guy's head.  Kobe was fighting for position with a guy who outweighs him by about 30 or 40 pounds and was trying to push him out of the lane.  Really no comparison IMO. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
it doesnt matter if the play was over, or the game was over. He threw an the 'bow intentionally and it connected above the shoulders.

he needs to sit 1 game.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2009, 01:16:47 PM »
They should treat them as different situations, because that's what they were.  The play was over when Howard threw the elbow and connected with the guy's head.  Kobe was fighting for position with a guy who outweighs him by about 30 or 40 pounds and was trying to push him out of the lane.  Really no comparison IMO. 

didnt Kobe elbow Arrtest? Arrtest doesnt outwiegh him by 30-40 pounds?  however im just going by the letter of the law, i didnt see the elbow play or the replay. and a weight difference shouldnt matter at all.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: May 07, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
didnt Kobe elbow Arrtest? Arrtest doesnt outwiegh him by 30-40 pounds?  however im just going by the letter of the law, i didnt see the elbow play or the replay. and a weight difference shouldnt matter at all.

He elbowed Artest to the extent he was trying to get position.  That happens under the basket all the time.  I watched it live and have seen several replays.  It wasn't anything like the Howard elbow.  The refs actually called a foul on Artest on the play.  Artest then ran all over the court and got in Kobe's face crying.  Artest is a tough player, but he acted like a sissy on that play.   

Artest is actually about 50 or more pounds heavier than Kobe.  He's about 260.  Kobe is a little over 200.

I think the weight difference matters, because it takes a lot more effort for a small player to fight for position with a larger player.  Size difference also plays a huge rule when it comes to calling flagrant fouls. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #246 on: May 07, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
He elbowed Artest to the extent he was trying to get position.  That happens under the basket all the time.  I watched it live and have seen several replays.  It wasn't anything like the Howard elbow.  The refs actually called a foul on Artest on the play.  Artest then ran all over the court and got in Kobe's face crying.  Artest is a tough player, but he acted like a sissy on that play.   

Artest is actually about 50 or more pounds heavier than Kobe.  He's about 260.  Kobe is a little over 200.

I think the weight difference matters, because it takes a lot more effort for a small player to fight for position with a larger player.  Size difference also plays a huge rule when it comes to calling flagrant fouls. 

The tech foul on Artest was an overreaction by the refs, partly based on Artest's past. nothing wrong with getting in the face of someone who through an elbow at you, regarless if it was while trying to get position.

i didnt realize Artest was that much bigger than Kobe. still though it shouldnt matter, an elbow can hurt anyone no matter the size.

Fisher got a flagrant though he was half the size of whats his face.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #247 on: May 07, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »
The tech foul on Artest was an overreaction by the refs, partly based on Artest's past. nothing wrong with getting in the face of someone who through an elbow at you, regarless if it was while trying to get position.

i didnt realize Artest was that much bigger than Kobe. still though it shouldnt matter, an elbow can hurt anyone no matter the size.

Fisher got a flagrant though he was half the size of whats his face.

They called a personal foul on Artest on the play.  Then he got two technicals.  Artest said after the game he deserved the first technical.  Actually, he could get suspended for not leaving the court in a timely fashion after getting ejected, but I don't think should or will happen. 

Yes I agree his reputation played a role in getting the second technical, but he was really acting like a little girl.  A complete overreaction. 

Fisher deserved his flagrant II and should be suspended for 1 game.  But I still loved it.   :) 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #248 on: May 07, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »

this is why i hate kobe fans.

you dont elbow someone in the neck to get position, and if you do it gets caled. You're acting like its allowed.

and artest is not 260. more like 250 and kobe is about 215-220. But this has nothing to do with anything. You can't justify elbowing someone in the neck because he's bigger than you and is boxing you out correctly.

star players get calls.

body88

« Reply #249 on: May 07, 2009, 01:59:10 PM »
Cut the shit.  Anyone who says that Kobe does not play by his own rules is full of shit.  As said above, star players get calls in the NBA.  If the situation was reversed, Artest would have been suspended.  It's ok to say that Kobe lost his cool and threw a cheap shot.  it's not going to change the fact that he is one of the best players to ever live.  Kobe is a good guy on the court 90% of the time.