Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 51197 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #250 on: May 07, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »
They called a personal foul on Artest on the play.  Then he got two technicals.  Artest said after the game he deserved the first technical.  Actually, he could get suspended for not leaving the court in a timely fashion after getting ejected, but I don't think should or will happen. 

Yes I agree his reputation played a role in getting the second technical, but he was really acting like a little girl.  A complete overreaction. 

Fisher deserved his flagrant II and should be suspended for 1 game.  But I still loved it.   :) 

yes artest got the foul, that doesnt mean it was the right call and it doesnt mean the elbow was justified.

this is the logic that seperates casual basketball fans and basketball purists.

get a grip.

suspension for not leaving in a timely manner? HAHAHA thats golden.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #251 on: May 07, 2009, 02:02:25 PM »

Fisher deserved his flagrant II and should be suspended for 1 game.  But I still loved it.   :) 

in the grand scheme of things i think it was a smart play by Fisher. sacrifice his next game but sends a message to young players on the team about not taking crap and being tough.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #252 on: May 07, 2009, 02:02:55 PM »
this is why i hate kobe fans.

you dont elbow someone in the neck to get position, and if you do it gets caled. You're acting like its allowed.

and artest is not 260. more like 250 and kobe is about 215-220. But this has nothing to do with anything. You can't justify elbowing someone in the neck because he's bigger than you and is boxing you out correctly.

star players get calls.

Calm down son.  Your facts are almost always wrong.  I would pull the weight figures, but I don't feel like trying to educate you anymore.  It's a waste of time.  Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

We have a different opinion of the play.  We'll see who Stu Jackson agrees with.  I'm not sure what he's going to do.  There are several decisions I haven't agreed with during the playoffs, including not suspending Rondo for throwing a player into the scorer's table in one game and throwing a punch in another.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: May 07, 2009, 02:04:50 PM »
Cut the shit.  Anyone who says that Kobe does not play by his own rules is full of shit.  As said above, star players get calls in the NBA.  If the situation was reversed, Artest would have been suspended.  It's ok to say that Kobe lost his cool and threw a cheap shot.  it's not going to change the fact that he is one of the best players to ever live.  Kobe is a good guy on the court 90% of the time. 

I don't think he plays by his own rules.  He's not a dirty player.  In fact, like Shaq in his prime, he probably doesn't get nearly enough calls.  They let fouls go on him all the time.

And reputation matters.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #254 on: May 07, 2009, 02:05:34 PM »
yes artest got the foul, that doesnt mean it was the right call and it doesnt mean the elbow was justified.

this is the logic that seperates casual basketball fans and basketball purists.

get a grip.

suspension for not leaving in a timely manner? HAHAHA thats golden.

::)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »
Calm down son.  Your facts are almost always wrong.  I would pull the weight figures, but I don't feel like trying to educate you anymore.  It's a waste of time.  Don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

We have a different opinion of the play.  We'll see who Stu Jackson agrees with.  I'm not sure what he's going to do.  There are several decisions I haven't agreed with during the playoffs, including not suspending Rondo for throwing a player into the scorer's table in one game and throwing a punch in another.  

My facts are always wrong Lol. I mispoke on the draft trade for joe montana. Stop generalizing you geriatric pea head.

and the decision has been made. Kobe will get a flagrant 1 for he elbow and fish is out for 1 game.

knowing you im sure youll cry tragedy for artest not getting suspended

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: May 07, 2009, 05:18:04 PM »
My facts are always wrong Lol. I mispoke on the draft trade for joe montana. Stop generalizing you geriatric pea head.

and the decision has been made. Kobe will get a flagrant 1 for he elbow and fish is out for 1 game.

knowing you im sure youll cry tragedy for artest not getting suspended

Dude if I was an immature kid like you I'd compile the last 5 to 10 things you've said on this board that were wrong.  But I don't really care.  You do a fine job of making a fool of yourself on your own.  Grow up already.   

Yes, the decision was made.  No suspension.  Neither Kobe nor Artest should have been suspended.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #257 on: May 07, 2009, 05:20:46 PM »
Dude if I was an immature kid like you I'd compile the last 5 to 10 things you've said on this board that were wrong.  But I don't really care.  You do a fine job of making a fool of yourself on your own.  Grow up already.   

Yes, the decision was made.  No suspension.  Neither Kobe nor Artest should have been suspended.

lmao

nice try.

Do you realize how much you overstate shit to try and make a point? people without a backbone do this. If you were really content in you're argument you wouldn't have to do these things.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #258 on: May 07, 2009, 05:39:28 PM »
lmao

nice try.

Do you realize how much you overstate shit to try and make a point? people without a backbone do this. If you were really content in you're argument you wouldn't have to do these things.

How old are you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2009, 05:46:41 PM »

fast foreward to about 1:00 min...Beach say what you want bro kobe intentionally elbowed artest and put a little something on it for good measure, What would have been great is if artest would have ripped that little twink apart. Houstons line up is much bigger then the lakers they should think twice before they start shit I garuntee those dumbasses dont pull that shit in houston.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2009, 05:54:29 PM »

fast foreward to about 1:00 min...Beach say what you want bro kobe intentionally elbowed artest and put a little something on it for good measure, What would have been great is if artest would have ripped that little twink apart. Houstons line up is much bigger then the lakers they should think twice before they start shit I garuntee those dumbasses dont pull that shit in houston.

You Houston homer.  lol.  j/k.   :) 

And what, in your view, was Artest doing?  I just looked at again (for about the tenth time).  They were fighting for position.  Big guy against little guy.  Little guy won.   :) 

If the Lakers start Bynum, Houston's lineup isn't much bigger than LA. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #261 on: May 07, 2009, 05:59:26 PM »
You Houston homer.  lol.  j/k.   :) 

And what, in your view, was Artest doing?  I just looked at again (for about the tenth time).  They were fighting for position.  Big guy against little guy.  Little guy won.   :) 

If the Lakers start Bynum, Houston's lineup isn't much bigger than LA. 
LOL so it would have been ok if artest would have just cracked kobe with an elbow? LOL be honest beach that was intentional and was more then just a tap. Little guy played the bitch card and ran to the side of a ref kobe would get ripped apart by artest and you know this.

Your joking yourself bro, artest, scola, battier, yao...LOL rockets outweigh the lakers by a good amount man.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #262 on: May 07, 2009, 06:10:37 PM »
LOL so it would have been ok if artest would have just cracked kobe with an elbow? LOL be honest beach that was intentional and was more then just a tap. Little guy played the bitch card and ran to the side of a ref kobe would get ripped apart by artest and you know this.

Your joking yourself bro, artest, scola, battier, yao...LOL rockets outweigh the lakers by a good amount man.

What, in your opinion, was Artest doing? 

Ran to the ref?  Oh come on.  The only one crying like a woman was Artest.  That's why he got tossed.  Like I said earlier, he's a tough guy, but he acted like a sissy. 

If you're talking weight, then yeah the Houston starting 5 is probably heavier, but not by that much.  Bynum is 7' and about 280.  Gasol is 7' and proably about 250.  Ariza is about 6'8", but light.  Kobe is light.  Fisher probably outweighs that little water bug who plays the point for Houson by about 30 pounds.   :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: May 07, 2009, 06:16:48 PM »
What, in your opinion, was Artest doing? 

Ran to the ref?  Oh come on.  The only one crying like a woman was Artest.  That's why he got tossed.  Like I said earlier, he's a tough guy, but he acted like a sissy. 

If you're talking weight, then yeah the Houston starting 5 is probably heavier, but not by that much.  Bynum is 7' and about 280.  Gasol is 7' and proably about 250.  Ariza is about 6'8", but light.  Kobe is light.  Fisher probably outweighs that little water bug who plays the point for Houson by about 30 pounds.   :)
They were fighting for position, fighting for position doesnt entail throwing an elbow to somebodies throat beach.

Artest was trying to do the right thing and not bury that twink like he wanted to

LOL waterbug? did you see that waterbug in game one? LOL you are right though fisher does outweigh him but its all fat  :-X

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2009, 06:40:31 PM »
They were fighting for position, fighting for position doesnt entail throwing an elbow to somebodies throat beach.

Artest was trying to do the right thing and not bury that twink like he wanted to

LOL waterbug? did you see that waterbug in game one? LOL you are right though fisher does outweigh him but its all fat  :-X

Well at least we agree on the fighting for position part.  That's in large part why I didn't think it was a dirty play.  Artest was trying to push Kobe out of the lane.  I don't think Kobe was trying to elbow Artest in the neck, AND . . . the league said it was an elbow to the chest.

I think there is a big difference between an elbow like Howard's, where the play was over and he was clearly trying to clock the guy in the head, and an elbow that catches someone during a fight for position. 

I called him a waterbug because he is tiny and runs around like Barry Sanders.   :)  Fish can't keep up with him. 

Fisher fat?  Oh come on dude.  That guy drives some iron:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:06 PM »
Well at least we agree on the fighting for position part.  That's in large part why I didn't think it was a dirty play.  Artest was trying to push Kobe out of the lane.  I don't think Kobe was trying to elbow Artest in the neck, AND . . . the league said it was an elbow to the chest.

I think there is a big difference between an elbow like Howard's, where the play was over and he was clearly trying to clock the guy in the head, and an elbow that catches someone during a fight for position. 

I called him a waterbug because he is tiny and runs around like Barry Sanders.   :)  Fish can't keep up with him. 

Fisher fat?  Oh come on dude.  That guy drives some iron:

LOL the elbow was clearly meant for above the shoulders bro, thats not even a question, whether the league said it was or not doesnt change that fact. Fighting for position doesnt include throwing elbows above the shoulders kobe should have been called for that not artest. It wasnt an elbow that artest simply caught, it was an elbow intentionally thrown at him that connected watch that video beach youve said youve seen it you cant seriously tell me that kobe didnt intentionally try to throw that elbow and elbow above even kobes shoulders where do you think he was aiming?

Ya fisher looks like he has leaned out alot i actually thought the same last night i wouldnt be suprised if he was supplementing with something  ;D hahahha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2009, 07:01:17 PM »
LOL the elbow was clearly meant for above the shoulders bro, thats not even a question, whether the league said it was or not doesnt change that fact. Fighting for position doesnt include throwing elbows above the shoulders kobe should have been called for that not artest. It wasnt an elbow that artest simply caught, it was an elbow intentionally thrown at him that connected watch that video beach youve said youve seen it you cant seriously tell me that kobe didnt intentionally try to throw that elbow and elbow above even kobes shoulders where do you think he was aiming?

Ya fisher looks like he has leaned out alot i actually thought the same last night i wouldnt be suprised if he was supplementing with something  ;D hahahha

I've looked at it and don't believe he was trying to elbow Artest in the throat.  I seriously doubt he was aiming for anything in the heat of battle.  He's simply not that kind of player.  He doesn't have to be.  He's more talented than anyone on the floor. 

Now, I have seen dirty play from Artest. 

Hey can you get someone in Houston to put something in Artest's soup or something?   :)  He has been killing the Lakers.  I didn't think he was going to be able to keep draining 3s like Reggie Miller. 

Not sure if Fish used.  I think Odom has.  Kobe probably used something several years ago when Phil wanted him to bulk up and play more SF and he put on about 20+ pounds of muscle very quickly..  I don't think Howard is clean.  There are probably many others. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
This is the best angle. Notice how this is no different than dwights elbow. It was intentional and out of frustration.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: May 07, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »
This is the best angle. Notice how this is no different than dwights elbow. It was intentional and out of frustration.

Nice angle.  Jalen Rose was right.  He must have been reading the board.   :D  And this angle shows, as Rose points out, Artest's elbow in Kobe's back and the back of Kobe's neck. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #269 on: May 07, 2009, 07:37:23 PM »
I've looked at it and don't believe he was trying to elbow Artest in the throat.  I seriously doubt he was aiming for anything in the heat of battle.  He's simply not that kind of player.  He doesn't have to be.  He's more talented than anyone on the floor. 

Now, I have seen dirty play from Artest. 

Hey can you get someone in Houston to put something in Artest's soup or something?   :)  He has been killing the Lakers.  I didn't think he was going to be able to keep draining 3s like Reggie Miller. 

Not sure if Fish used.  I think Odom has.  Kobe probably used something several years ago when Phil wanted him to bulk up and play more SF and he put on about 20+ pounds of muscle very quickly..  I don't think Howard is clean.  There are probably many others. 

I dont think NBA'ers are on stuff. call me naive but i cant see it.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #270 on: May 07, 2009, 07:44:08 PM »
Nice angle.  Jalen Rose was right.  He must have been reading the board.   :D  And this angle shows, as Rose points out, Artest's elbow in Kobe's back and the back of Kobe's neck. 

yes his elbows make contact with the back of kobe's head. Also notice he gets lower than kobe and starts to box him out at the same time, his elbows wern't intentional. It's important that we distinguish between the two. This is called fighting for position, kobe gets mad, cocks back, and throws a elbow.

its really that simple. All i want is consistency from the nba.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #271 on: May 07, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »

its really that simple. All i want is consistency from the nba.

thats never happened, dont hold your breath.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #272 on: May 07, 2009, 07:49:58 PM »
thats never happened, dont hold your breath.

i just want the nba pre-2000, hell even 2000-2004.

the nba was so much more fun to watch. Seriously, the hand check calls ruined the game, the intensity that tough play invited is gone, and just the competition. the nba is so watered down.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2009, 07:51:16 PM »
I dont think NBA'ers are on stuff. call me naive but i cant see it.

Although it's not nearly as pronounced, check out Odom's vascularity around his shoulders, and the size of his delts (though those have atrophied too).  Same with Howard.  I’m not 100 percent certain, but they look like they’ve used.    

Have you been around people on the sauce?  It's easier to spot users if you've ever been around or trained with them.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »
everyone looks huge on t.v.

except mikki moore