Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 51383 times)

body88

Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #325 on: May 11, 2009, 07:55:40 AM »
Glen Davis is my new most hated Celtic. Fuck that fat homo! Fucking shill!

I know you hate all things Boston, but how can you hate big baby?  He's the type of guy who plays hard all the time.  The Pats drafted Butler from your alma mater.  Infact, Uconn has the second most players slected this year I think,

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #326 on: May 11, 2009, 10:32:57 AM »
Mehh this Hawks team got a little lip service and people, before a game was played, were giving the Hawks some credibility...but now they aren't an opponent. If we play Orlando, people will bring up season records and such before the series...then, after we tear them apart, will talk about how the Cavs received no competition.
 ::)

I think last year's sub-500 playoff Hawks were better than this year's version.  They're banged up and not playing well at all. 

I'm not a Cavs believer yet.  If they run through either Orlando or Boston I'll be impressed. 

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #327 on: May 11, 2009, 11:48:17 AM »
I think last year's sub-500 playoff Hawks were better than this year's version.  They're banged up and not playing well at all. 

I'm not a Cavs believer yet.  If they run through either Orlando or Boston I'll be impressed. 
Well were gonna have to wait awhile again after the cavs sweep atlanta tonite
 :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: May 11, 2009, 12:25:52 PM »
Well were gonna have to wait awhile again after the cavs sweep atlanta tonite
 :)

Yep.  They will probably sweep and Orlando v. Boston probably goes 7.  That one is a toss up. 

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #329 on: May 11, 2009, 01:41:43 PM »
Yep.  They will probably sweep and Orlando v. Boston probably goes 7.  That one is a toss up. 
Boston/Cavaliers series will be epic
cavs will sweep them too hahah
payback for last year!!!
 ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: May 11, 2009, 02:09:02 PM »
Boston/Cavaliers series will be epic
cavs will sweep them too hahah
payback for last year!!!
 ;D

That's pretty optimistic, but you never know.  I'll believe it when I see it.   

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #331 on: May 11, 2009, 02:55:11 PM »
That's pretty optimistic, but you never know.  I'll believe it when I see it.   
i know,i was just being sracastic
im getting too cocky haha

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: May 11, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »
i know,i was just being sracastic
im getting too cocky haha

:) You sound like a lot of Laker fans from last year.  A whole lot of us thought the Lakers were going to win a championship.  I remember seeing the predictions from "analysts" and all of them except one had LA beating Boston.   

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #333 on: May 11, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »
I know you hate all things Boston, but how can you hate big baby?  He's the type of guy who plays hard all the time.  The Pats drafted Butler from your alma mater.  Infact, Uconn has the second most players slected this year I think,

UConn had a huge draft year. Never had a pick above the third round until this year. Four in the first two. Should be interesting to see how they pan out. They all had monster combines and pro days. Brown went from around the third to first with his combine workout.

About Davis, it's that reason I hate him. The guy has been carrying a ton of the load for Boston this season and has been knocking down clutch shots. I need those Celts out of the playoffs!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: May 11, 2009, 03:33:34 PM »
I'm not a Martin fan at all, but Cuban is out of control.  If this is true, I think the league should suspend Cuban for at least one game (which is probably all Dallas has left in the playoffs anyway). 

Nuggets' Martin: I'll talk with Cuban
ESPN.com news services

A day after Mother's Day, Kenyon Martin lobbed a verbal salvo to Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban in defense of his own.

Martin, whose mother was verbally confronted by Cuban after Saturday night's game, said he was going to "take care of it" as early as Monday night, as the Nuggets looked to sweep the Mavericks in their second-round playoff series.

"I don't feel I need to call his name in the media and all that, but it's a little personal," Martin said after the Nuggets' shootaround in Dallas, according to a report on The Denver Post's Web site. "And I'm going to take care of it."

The incident, during which Cuban referred to Martin as a "thug" or a "punk," according to an earlier report in The Post, was part of a raucous postgame scene the NBA said it was reviewing.

Cuban told the Denver newspaper by e-mail that as he walked off the court after the Mavericks' Saturday night loss in Dallas, he saw Martin's mother, Lydia Moore, as a fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs."

"That includes your son," Cuban said to Moore, according to his e-mail to The Post.

Martin's agent, Brian Dyke, had a different take on the incident, The Post reported. According to Dyke, an unprovoked Cuban told Moore, "Your son is a punk."

Neither scenario amused Martin.

"Don't say nothing to my kids or my family," Martin said, according to The Post. "If you got something to say, say it to me. But I'm going to take care of it. I'm not going to do the whole media thing, back and forth. That's his thing. I'm more of a face-to-face type of dude."

"So whenever the opportunity presents itself, then I will address it. But I got a game to go win. At some point I will, but I got a game to go win, first and foremost. So that's my focus and concentration right now."

Asked if he thought the confrontation was Cuban's way of trying to get under the Nuggets' skin, Martin said yes.

"That's what he's trying to do, but it ain't going to work," Martin said, according to the newspaper. "I'm focused on what we need to do as a team. That's what I'm here to do. But if other things present themselves along the way then you got to address them. And this is one of those situations. I don't back away from nobody except the law."

Martin said he had not experienced anything like this during his nine-year career in the NBA.

"Nobody in his position, not at all," Martin said. "But of course, a college game where people in the stands are saying stuff to your family, that's fine and dandy, during the course of the game. But when the game is over, you don't say nothing to nobody's parents; especially mine. My mom or my kids, you don't have no words for them. I'll take care of it."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4158987

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: May 11, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
No way. Cuban is the man. It's awesome to see a guy that lives and dies by the team he owns and doesn't just see them as another means of making money. More power to him for standing behind them. Sports needs more owners like him and not these billionaires that couldn't give two shits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: May 11, 2009, 03:46:26 PM »
No way. Cuban is the man. It's awesome to see a guy that lives and dies by the team he owns and doesn't just see them as another means of making money. More power to him for standing behind them. Sports needs more owners like him and not these billionaires that couldn't give two shits.

I like the fact he isn't an absentee owner, but c'mon.  Talking trash to a player's mother?  That cross the line IMO.  I could see him jawing with a player, but not a family member. 

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #337 on: May 11, 2009, 05:02:04 PM »
Cavs playing like caca right now  :(

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2009, 05:44:25 PM »

Cuban told Martin's mom that Kenyon was a punk. whats the big deal? from early reports the mother was talking trash during the previous games.

Kenyon's stance of trash talking to his mom is over exaggerated. Cuban didnt say anything personal about his mother.

Cuban is reported to have said "that includes your son" 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2009, 05:46:40 PM »
I like the fact he isn't an absentee owner, but c'mon.  Talking trash to a player's mother?  That cross the line IMO.  I could see him jawing with a player, but not a family member. 

He told his mother that her son was a punk. He didn't say anything to her. Which he is. He was still on the court talking shit after the rest of his team had left.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #340 on: May 11, 2009, 06:05:33 PM »
He told his mother that her son was a punk. He didn't say anything to her. Which he is. He was still on the court talking shit after the rest of his team had left.

Well, I agree he's a punk. 

body88

« Reply #341 on: May 11, 2009, 06:09:57 PM »
UConn had a huge draft year. Never had a pick above the third round until this year. Four in the first two. Should be interesting to see how they pan out. They all had monster combines and pro days. Brown went from around the third to first with his combine workout.

About Davis, it's that reason I hate him. The guy has been carrying a ton of the load for Boston this season and has been knocking down clutch shots. I need those Celts out of the playoffs!

I guess UConn mirrors itself on the pats system (I could be wrong on that, buts that what I read)....which is obviously going to translate well into the NFL.  I'm very high on Butler and Donald Brown.  Manning and Brown are going to be a bitch to defend.   Polian never misses on first rounders, so you can bank on him being a beast.

In my opinion Butler has the best feet of any db in the draft.   The pats know how to pick cb's.  I loved the Butler pick and the Chung pick.  I liked Beatty, but he was gone when the pats picked near 60.

Aside from KG coming back, I can't see Boston having the bench to go all the way.  I think Perks hurt again.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #342 on: May 11, 2009, 06:10:23 PM »
mark cuban is worth 2 Billion dollars
holy shit :o

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2009, 06:38:23 PM »
switch that to atlanta Deke.and get the celtics/magic one ready.
DAWG

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2009, 07:09:56 PM »
switch that to atlanta Deke.and get the celtics/magic one ready.
HAHAHAH I stole that from another board dude hahaha
Who thought we would sweep atlanta,i kept on hearing on WKNR 850 That atlanta would win 1 for sure hahah

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »
That photo of Lebron carrying a stick with Varejo's head on it strikes me as odd and kind of creepy......I get the concept of his hair as a broom but still kind of creepy looking....... :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2009, 08:01:06 PM »
Quite the impressive run by the Cavs.  Even though their competition hasn't been very good, I will say that great teams perform well regardless of competition.  Good wins. 

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »
Quite the impressive run by the Cavs.  Even though their competition hasn't been very good, I will say that great teams perform well regardless of competition.  Good wins. 
This has been a record season for the cavs
something we've never seen in cleveland basketball before
66 wins
39-2 At Home
sweep through the first 2 rounds
NBA Coach of the year
MVP
theres more just cant remember now lol

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: May 12, 2009, 08:56:02 AM »
I guess UConn mirrors itself on the pats system (I could be wrong on that, buts that what I read)....which is obviously going to translate well into the NFL.  I'm very high on Butler and Donald Brown.  Manning and Brown are going to be a bitch to defend.   Polian never misses on first rounders, so you can bank on him being a beast.

In my opinion Butler has the best feet of any db in the draft.   The pats know how to pick cb's.  I loved the Butler pick and the Chung pick.  I liked Beatty, but he was gone when the pats picked near 60.

Aside from KG coming back, I can't see Boston having the bench to go all the way.  I think Perks hurt again.

Yeah, Edsall keeps a pretty tight ship. If UConn could get a QB that wasn't awful in every sense of the word then they would have a decent program. As it stands, they can't hang with the big boys because they get out gunned and Donald Brown can only do so much when they're stacking 9 guys in the box.

Butler should be a beast in the Pats system. That guy worked his way into the first round because he wasn't nearly as good a few years ago.

As for Beatty, I don't like his motor. He's got work ethic issues.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #349 on: May 12, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »
holy shit, the lakers are getting every call imaginable. Its really blatant at this point.