Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 51262 times)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #400 on: May 18, 2009, 02:30:52 PM »
That's about how I see it.  LA matches up very well with Denver.  I think they have won something like 11 out of the last 12, including the last 2 or 3 after the Billips trade.  LA also beat Denver by a bunch when Denver was on a 10+ game winning streak. 

Regarding Cavs v. Magic, I'd give the edge to the Magic.  They handled the Cavs this year and I think they have better overall talent. 

i think Denver is too physical for LA..i hope.  I hope to see an Orlando/Denver finals..just because everyone wants the opposite

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #401 on: May 18, 2009, 02:43:13 PM »
i think Denver is too physical for LA..i hope.  I hope to see an Orlando/Denver finals..just because everyone wants the opposite

Unless they have made leaps and bounds since LA beat them 3 out of 4 this season, and something like 11 out of the last 12, I doubt they out muscle LA.  I really don't see Denver as all that physical.  Nene maybe?  Carmelo is more of a perimeter player.  Martin is a fraud. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #402 on: May 18, 2009, 02:52:46 PM »
Why is Martin a fraud? He's a pretty productive defensive player and probably the best defender they have down in the blocks.

His red tattoo of women's lips on his neck is pretty cute, though..... ::) What the fuck is that all about? I don't get some of these NBA players and their tattoo's. Do these guys have ANY idea how fucking retarded they look?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: May 18, 2009, 03:28:42 PM »
Why is Martin a fraud? He's a pretty productive defensive player and probably the best defender they have down in the blocks.

His red tattoo of women's lips on his neck is pretty cute, though..... ::) What the fuck is that all about? I don't get some of these NBA players and their tattoo's. Do these guys have ANY idea how fucking retarded they look?

When you make X Million a year to play a game, does it really matter if you look like a proverbial retard?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: May 18, 2009, 04:02:09 PM »
When you make X Million a year to play a game, does it really matter if you look like a proverbial retard?

true...but still....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #405 on: May 18, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »

He tries to act tough, and will have the occasional emphatic dunk, but did you recall when the Nets played the Spurs in the Finals several years back?  Duncan abused Martin so badly I thought Duncan might get arrested.  He really does not impress me. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #406 on: May 18, 2009, 06:43:11 PM »
Unless they have made leaps and bounds since LA beat them 3 out of 4 this season, and something like 11 out of the last 12, I doubt they out muscle LA.  I really don't see Denver as all that physical.  Nene maybe?  Carmelo is more of a perimeter player.  Martin is a fraud. 

didnt they play early in the season? LA is a finess team filled with passive players aside from Agent 24
Billups,Nene, Martin, Anderson and Carmelo are all physical. Grant Hill was on Mike and Mike this morn talking about how physical and strong Carmelo is. Persoanlly i dont care for Carmelo though.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #407 on: May 18, 2009, 07:02:17 PM »

Regarding Cavs v. Magic, I'd give the edge to the Magic.  They handled the Cavs this year and I think they have better overall talent. 

::)
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:00 PM »
didnt they play early in the season? LA is a finess team filled with passive players aside from Agent 24
Billups,Nene, Martin, Anderson and Carmelo are all physical. Grant Hill was on Mike and Mike this morn talking about how physical and strong Carmelo is. Persoanlly i dont care for Carmelo though.

They played four times this season.  LA won three out of four, and something like 10 of the last 11. 

The only player I'd call physical on their team is Nene and he's neither bigger nor stronger than Bynum.  Billups is a point guard.  He's not going to be backing anyone down in the lane, grabbing boards, etc.  I doubt he's stronger than Fisher.  Martin is phony IMO.  He'll have his hands full with Gasol and Gasol will do just fine against him.  Carmelo is strong, but he's not really a post player.  He's more of a jump shooter.  I think Ariza, who is a very good defender, will do okay with him. 

And they have no answer for Kobe.

If you think about it, if this team was such a tough match up, they wouldn't be constantly getting drubbed by the Lakers.  I know this is the playoffs and you can almost throw regular season records out the window, but that's all we have to go on at this point.   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #409 on: May 19, 2009, 02:56:56 AM »
They played four times this season.  LA won three out of four, and something like 10 of the last 11. 

The only player I'd call physical on their team is Nene and he's neither bigger nor stronger than Bynum.  Billups is a point guard.  He's not going to be backing anyone down in the lane, grabbing boards, etc.  I doubt he's stronger than Fisher.  Martin is phony IMO.  He'll have his hands full with Gasol and Gasol will do just fine against him.  Carmelo is strong, but he's not really a post player.  He's more of a jump shooter.  I think Ariza, who is a very good defender, will do okay with him. 

And they have no answer for Kobe.

If you think about it, if this team was such a tough match up, they wouldn't be constantly getting drubbed by the Lakers.  I know this is the playoffs and you can almost throw regular season records out the window, but that's all we have to go on at this point.   

Lol your knowledge of the nba shines once again.

Billups is known for his tendency to post up and is very good at it. Swing and a miss.

Carmelo is not a post player? hes as versatile as they come offensively.

ariza having his way with carmelo? Lol, he could barely contain artest. Funny.

And losing the last 10/11 to la means fuck all. Sure they were swept last year inthe playoffs...newsflash, chauncey billups is their new pg. This is their first trip to the conf finals in 25 years....look who is leading them. It's no fluke.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #410 on: May 19, 2009, 04:49:44 AM »

Billups is known for his tendency to post up and is very good at it. Swing and a miss.

And losing the last 10/11 to la means fuck all. Sure they were swept last year inthe playoffs...newsflash, chauncey billups is their new pg. This is their first trip to the conf finals in 25 years....look who is leading them. It's no fluke.
ok ok, lets wait to the 5th game and we can start acting like NBA experts. none of us know fuck all anyway lol..

Go lakers, please pressure billups, thats all

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: May 19, 2009, 11:50:04 AM »

The board's resident teenager at it again?   :)  School is in session:   

Billips is not a post up player.  Like most point guards, he creates shots for his teammates.  He's an excellent point guard.  A very good distributor.  But his name was brought up in the context of him being a "physical" player.  That's not how he's going to hurt the Lakers. 

No, Carmelo does not live in the paint.  As I said, he's more of a jump shooter than a back to the basket player.  Yes he has an all around game, but again the issue was whether Denver is more physical than LA.  Being “physical” is not how Carmelo is going to help Denver win.   

You have a reading comprehension problem.  I didn't say Ariza would "have his way" with Carmelo.   ::)  I said "I think Ariza, who is a very good defender, will do okay with him." 

Ariza could barely contain Artest?  Good grief.  Here is what Artest did in the series:

Game 1:  8-15, 21 points
Game 2:  8-14, 25 points
Game 3:  10-23, 25 points
Game 4:  4-19, 8 points
Game 5:  4-15, 9 points
Game 6:  6-17, 14 points
Game 7:  3-10, 7 points

I'll ask again, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

I didn't talk about last year's playoffs, which I don't think are relevant.  I talked about recent history, including the fact the Lakers beat the current Denver team, with Billips, including ending Denver's double digit winning streak late in the season.  Of course you have to look at how the teams have played each other this season to help determine how well they match up against each other.

Class dismissed.       

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »
I think its going to be a high-scoring, exciting series. I'm looking foward to watching it. Carmelo vs. Kobe.

I think both conference championship series will be hard-fought and fun to watch.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »
I think its going to be a high-scoring, exciting series. I'm looking foward to watching it. Carmelo vs. Kobe.

I think both conference championship series will be hard-fought and fun to watch.

I agree. 

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2009, 06:29:45 PM »
The board's resident teenager at it again?   :)  School is in session:   

Billips is not a post up player.  Like most point guards, he creates shots for his teammates.  He's an excellent point guard.  A very good distributor.  But his name was brought up in the context of him being a "physical" player.  That's not how he's going to hurt the Lakers. 

No, Carmelo does not live in the paint.  As I said, he's more of a jump shooter than a back to the basket player.  Yes he has an all around game, but again the issue was whether Denver is more physical than LA.  Being “physical” is not how Carmelo is going to help Denver win.   

You have a reading comprehension problem.  I didn't say Ariza would "have his way" with Carmelo.   ::)  I said "I think Ariza, who is a very good defender, will do okay with him." 

Ariza could barely contain Artest?  Good grief.  Here is what Artest did in the series:

Game 1:  8-15, 21 points
Game 2:  8-14, 25 points
Game 3:  10-23, 25 points
Game 4:  4-19, 8 points
Game 5:  4-15, 9 points
Game 6:  6-17, 14 points
Game 7:  3-10, 7 points

I'll ask again, don't you ever get tired of being wrong?

I didn't talk about last year's playoffs, which I don't think are relevant.  I talked about recent history, including the fact the Lakers beat the current Denver team, with Billips, including ending Denver's double digit winning streak late in the season.  Of course you have to look at how the teams have played each other this season to help determine how well they match up against each other.

Class dismissed.       

Resident teanager Lol swing and a miss you geriatric nimrod. And i'm not going to read any of that shit because youre nothing more than a casual fan. Once you typed "billups is not a post player" I said, no fuck....he just posts up smaller guards, and is known for doing so.

And thank you for listing artests stats, now you know what hapens when your team loses the best offensive center in the game....your shots become more contested.

I really get a good chuckle when you try to make points like I'm going to take what you say seriously, People on here knowall you do is regurgitate what you hear from espn. You have zero insight...except when it come to defending you lakers.

lakers down 10 in the 1st, peahead

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2009, 08:13:50 PM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2009, 08:57:52 PM »
105 - 103 .

All that matters  ;D

body88

« Reply #417 on: May 19, 2009, 09:06:07 PM »
105 - 103 .

All that matters  ;D

Another 2ndcoming prediction off to a fantastic start  :-\

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2009, 12:52:32 AM »
Anyone else think that fate is punishing Kevin Garnett for his actions last year?  I mean first the injury, and now the World Champs aren't even playing in the ECF. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
Great game.  Very impressed by Carmelo.  Terrific game by him. 

Atheist I think you were right about how physical Denver is.  They were pushing LA all over the place.  Still, as bad as it looked, LA out rebounded Denver and had more blocked shots.  I couldn't believe it when I looked at the stats.  It really looked like Denver was punching LA in the mouth all night. 

Fisher shut me up.  I was complaining about how he couldn't shoot the ball in the ocean, and then he drains the cold blooded threes at the and of the half and end of the game. 

Kobe is the man.  Had 18 in the fourth.  Denver really has no answer for him.  Carmelo can't guard him.  Kobe really can't guard Carmelo, but he did block his shot in the fourth.  I think Kobe is the toughest player in the NBA. 

Jerry West keep talking.  Brilliant strategy.   :)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #420 on: May 20, 2009, 11:57:58 AM »
Starting to become a fan of the "Bird man" Chris Andersen out of Blinn College(where the fuck is Blinn College??)

That white boy can play defense! Between his return from suspension and the trade for Billups, that's the reason Denver is no longer a soft defensive team.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »
Great game.  Very impressed by Carmelo.  Terrific game by him. 

Atheist I think you were right about how physical Denver is.  They were pushing LA all over the place.  Still, as bad as it looked, LA out rebounded Denver and had more blocked shots.  I couldn't believe it when I looked at the stats.  It really looked like Denver was punching LA in the mouth all night. 

Fisher shut me up.  I was complaining about how he couldn't shoot in the ball in the ocean, and then he drains the cold blooded threes at the and of the half and end of the game. 

Kobe is the man.  Had 18 in the fourth.  Denver really has no answer for him.  Carmelo can't guard him.  Kobe really can't guard Carmelo, but he did block his shot in the fourth.  I think Kobe is the toughest player in the NBA. 

Jerry West keep talking.  Brilliant strategy.   :)

i was surprised at how big Carmelo was compared to Kobe. Carmelo impressed me with his play
of all the games for Fish to hit big shots...geez
i knew once LA was within 5 points in the 4th it was LA's game
George Karl got out coached in the 4th.
if there is a gawd, LA will lose.
Kobe is so damn precise with his execution, i hate him.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2009, 12:15:00 PM »
Starting to become a fan of the "Bird man" Chris Andersen out of Blinn College(where the fuck is Blinn College??)

That white boy can play defense! Between his return from suspension and the trade for Billups, that's the reason Denver is no longer a soft defensive team.

yeah ive always liked him, plays hard and knows his role as a shot blocker and rebounder. he is really long also and has a vert.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #423 on: May 20, 2009, 03:44:32 PM »
Another 2ndcoming prediction off to a fantastic start  :-\

Lol did you even watch the game?

denver coltrolled the whole game and bullied la. Denver missed like 12 free throws. When it finally caught up to them it was a tie game...the refs called a cheap ass foul on martin to decide the game. The whole game they let em play rough, then call a stupid "reach" foul on kobe. Kobe hits 2 ft's. game over.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #424 on: May 20, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »
Lol did you even watch the game?

denver coltrolled the whole game and bullied la. Denver missed like 12 free throws. When it finally caught up to them it was a tie game...the refs called a cheap ass foul on martin to decide the game. The whole game they let em play rough, then call a stupid "reach" foul on kobe. Kobe hits 2 ft's. game over.

Denver controlled the whole game but the last 3 minutes