Author Topic: NBA playoffs 2009  (Read 51260 times)

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: NBA playoffs 2009
« Reply #525 on: May 26, 2009, 04:47:11 PM »
this is just one of the many bs calls that helped lebron break shaq's ft record.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #526 on: May 26, 2009, 05:18:44 PM »
this is just one of the many bs calls that helped lebron break shaq's ft record.

Horrible call. 

I can't believe they didn't suspend Jones.  He called it an instinctive play??  You don't trip someone by “instinct” after getting beat unless you're a dirty player.  ::) 

NBA upgrades trip to flagrant foul
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

Denver Nuggets guard Dahntay Jones is on the brink of a one-game suspension after the NBA upgraded his Game 4 trip of Kobe Bryant to a flagrant foul.

The foul -- deemed a flagrant foul 1 by league officials -- is Jones' third flagrant of the postseason and his second in the past two games in the Western Conference finals. That gives Jones three flagrant-foul points in the playoffs, with players receiving an automatic one-game ban when they exceed three points.

The league confirmed Tuesday night that Jones' third-quarter trip -- which was not spotted by the officiating crew -- has been reclassified as a flagrant 1. It also confirmed that Andrew Bynum's fourth-quarter flagrant 1 against Denver's Chris Andersen has been downgraded to a personal foul.

Bryant beat Jones on a backdoor cut to the basket but was sent tumbling when Jones stuck out his right foot. Jones called it an accidental, instinctive move to getting beat on the play. Lakers coach Phil Jackson nonetheless accused Jones of "unacceptable defense, tripping guys and playing unsportsmanlike basketball."

Nuggets coach George Karl told reporters Tuesday: "I'm glad it just was a flagrant and no suspension. I don't think this series is anything but a pretty even NBA playoff series. They're not liking us, we're not liking them and it's not getting any kinder. It's going to be harder, tougher and meaner.

"[But] I don't think the precedent is good. If [referee] Bennett Salvatore saw that play, would he have called a flagrant? I think he would have called a foul, but I don't think he would have called a flagrant. I think the mood of the game is being overridden by the mood of the [league] office. I'm not sure that's the right precedent."

Asked Monday night if he thought Jones' trip was deliberate, Bryant quipped: "I just fell on my face for no reason. I'm a klutz."

There were also four technical fouls in Game 4, with Denver's Carmelo Anthony collecting his fourth T of the postseason and Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith each picking up No. 3.

Players who reach the five-T barrier in the playoffs receive a warning letter from the league office, with one-game suspensions assessed after the seventh technical and every other one thereafter (ninth, 11th, 13th, etc.).

Martin has actually collected six technical fouls this postseason, but his previous three before Monday night's T were rescinded by the league office. Bryant's tech total is five, with one rescinded by the NBA as well.

After collecting his fifth T in the first game of the Denver series -- with potentially 13 games left in his season at that point -- Bryant vowed: "I won't get another one."

Jackson and the Lakers each received a $25,000 fine Tuesday after his pointed postgame comments Monday about the Game 4 officiating, during which Denver shot 49 free throws to L.A.'s 35. The Lakers had a 45-31 edge in free throw attempts in Game 3.

"Basketball is a game where the aggressor gets the advantage," Jackson said after Denver evened the series at 2-2. "And tonight we didn't know what a foul was and what wasn't a foul. Start of the game, we got guys knocked around going to the basket, they said, 'We're going to let those things go.' By the end of the ballgame, little fouls were being called all over the place."

Jackson is the second coach to attack Jones during these playoffs. New Orleans Hornets coach Byron Scott registered similar complaints during the first round when Jones relentlessly hounded Chris Paul.

"I wouldn't expect them to call me the greatest player in the world," Jones said.

Said Karl: "Everybody knows how we use him. We sic him on the best perimeter guy. That's his job, that's his assignment. A Bruce Bowen mentality and he's done a good job with it. He's done well with it."

Denver's physical nature has been a prominent topic throughout the playoffs, but Jones isn't backing down from his detractors.

"They know there's a presence there and I'm going to play hard and I'm going to scrap and I'm going to try to help my team win, so whatever you want to call it," Jones said. "We call it playing hard."

Karl added: "If I was Kobe I wouldn't want [Jones] to cover me. He's a pain, he's a nag, he's always bothering you. He has a good defensive base, he has a good stance. He's professional. Whatever we want him to do, from fronts to denials, he's willing to do. I think he's doing as good a job as anyone on our team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4207241

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #527 on: May 26, 2009, 05:20:03 PM »

dude the officiating has sucked across the board all teams have caught breaks and all teams have been a victim of bad calls.If you believe theres some big conspiracy why even watch the games?I mean If i thought shit was officiated so bad to the point of corruption I wouldn't support the sport.
DAWG

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #528 on: May 26, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »
atleast it was only a flag1. I know some laker fans that are calling for a flag2 which is pathetic, he tripped him..purposely sure but he didnt punch him in the head.

im glad they called it a flag1. Too bad mo williams didnt get "assesed" for a tech for throwing the ball atd12 in game 12. Inconsistancy as usual.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #529 on: May 26, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
PS.. I guarantee a cavs win...
DAWG

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #530 on: May 26, 2009, 05:27:18 PM »
dude the officiating has sucked across the board all teams have caught breaks and all teams have been a victim of bad calls.If you believe theres some big conspiracy why even watch the games?I mean If i thought shit was officiated so bad to the point of corruption I wouldn't support the sport.

first of all, im not going to stop watching a game i love because the refs could possibly be pulling strings for a big payday. Second of all, are you denying that was a bad call? if not just stfu. I'm pointing out bad calls.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #531 on: May 26, 2009, 06:06:15 PM »
first of all, im not going to stop watching a game i love because the refs could possibly be pulling strings for a big payday. Second of all, are you denying that was a bad call? if not just stfu. I'm pointing out bad calls.

never said it wasn't a bad call just said theres been bad calls all over against all teams...And I doubt if we were to meet face to face you would have any base in your voice let alone tell me to STFU.
DAWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #532 on: May 26, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »
Fight? :D

Listening to the game on the radio (and watching on justin.tv).  Hubie Brown is excellent.  So is Dr. Jack Ramsey.  Love those guys.   

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #533 on: May 26, 2009, 07:07:00 PM »
never said it wasn't a bad call just said theres been bad calls all over against all teams...And I doubt if we were to meet face to face you would have any base in your voice let alone tell me to STFU.

i'm 6'5'' 296. Base in my voice or not(LOL?) i would not have no qualms shuting you up.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #534 on: May 26, 2009, 07:34:33 PM »
dwight with a bs tech. Done for game 6. smh.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #535 on: May 26, 2009, 08:46:56 PM »
Wow.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #536 on: May 26, 2009, 08:47:31 PM »
PS.. I guarantee a cavs win...

should have guarenteed to scrap your account too

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #537 on: May 26, 2009, 08:51:06 PM »
i'm 6'5'' 296. Base in my voice or not(LOL?) i would not have no qualms shuting you up.

not sure what your height and weight has to do with anything but your just another keyboard tuff guy.guys like you are a dime a dozen.I usually don't even bother responding to such drivel....

hat's of to the magic.they are deadly with them 3's!

should have guarenteed to scrap your account too
yea I know tuff guy  ::)
DAWG

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #538 on: May 26, 2009, 08:56:33 PM »
not sure what your height and weight has to do with anything but your just another keyboard tuff guy.guys like you are a dime a dozen.I usually don't even bother responding to such drivel....

hat's of to the magic.they are deadly with them 3's!
 yea I know tuff guy  ::)

keyboard tough guy? LOL NICE TRY CHAMP. I told you to stfu, happens quite often on the internet, not my fault youre a sensitive peon. Btw, Is your voice deep? LOL

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #539 on: May 26, 2009, 09:26:08 PM »
Again,
Cavs are done
see you next year!

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #540 on: May 26, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
I predict a Orlando rape session on Cavs, trap lebron, the rest are pathetic.
you are correct,i will not doubt you again
Cleveland-the shot
the fumble
the drive
jose mesa
Now-the choke haha

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #541 on: May 26, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »
It was that dumb piece of Pittsburgh trash earl.these playoffs have been anything but boring.

i said things didn't get interesting until the semifinals, the 4 - 8 seeds have no chance

i was right, shocking ::)

how bout those cavs hahahaha another cleveland loser hahahahaha might want to change your sig ;)

E

E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #542 on: May 26, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
i said things didn't get interesting until the semifinals, the 4 - 8 seeds have no chance

i was right, shocking ::)

how bout those cavs hahahaha another cleveland loser hahahahaha might want to change your sig ;)

E

I have the same mindset.I guess you have to though if your a Cleveland fan Cav's,browns,Indians love um to death.Even if they were to never win anything.that's something these frontrunner/fair weather fans could never fathom.

DAWG

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #543 on: May 26, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »

don't forget i said i hate baseball and i watched my EASTER CONFERENCE CHAMPION PENS when they were the worst team in the league just 3 years ago

oh you might want to change your sig ;)

E
E

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #544 on: May 26, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »
don't forget i said i hate baseball and i watched my EASTER CONFERENCE CHAMPION PENS when they were the worst team in the league just 3 years ago

oh you might want to change your sig ;)

E
im gonna change mine to
PIP CAVS  :'(

big man

• Getbig III
« Reply #545 on: May 26, 2009, 11:24:14 PM »
Im thinking the Nuggets will put the hammer down, gasol is complaining to the media about not getting the ball, bynum is not talking to the coach, kobe can score at will and Lamar odom has a badly bruised back that has not had a chance to heal.

the nuggets know how to beat the lakers, the lakers are smart enough to keep it within striking distance and force errors, but if Denver just plays the way they are now its going to be over for L.A.

if you forget the hype and just look at the two teams u should agree with me.
True. I've always liked Kobe but he can't do it by himself all the time. 8)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #546 on: May 27, 2009, 02:12:39 AM »
you are correct,i will not doubt you again
Cleveland-the shot
the fumble
the drive
jose mesa
Now-the choke haha

I study the game alot, outside of lebron...Nothing, seriously lebron needs to do it alone from here on out, I am dead serious, he needs to drive in on every possesion and if he runs into a wall either draw a foul or kick it back out for a restart of the offense with him being the focus.

Lebron can go for 100 points, orlando cannot guard him, if he gets tired then good for the magic, lebron aint winning shit with Mo william and delonte west, i fucken guarantee it.

As for L.A i expect the nuggets and melo to go and shoot the lights out, then again, as reggie miller has said time and time again "I can't trust them"

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #547 on: May 27, 2009, 02:14:19 AM »
im gonna change mine to
PIP CAVS  :'(
Dont be a bitch, go back to you're original sig, its not over yet, beleive me, Lebron has to will this team to win himself

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #548 on: May 27, 2009, 06:10:37 AM »
The Cavs are not a one man team. One man teams don't win 66 games. But his teammates are disapearing down the stretch in every game. Lebron didn't sit the entire second half and overtime which tells me that Mike Brown doesn't have much confidence in his bench players.

It's crazy to think that the Magic should be in the NBA Finals right now with a 4-0 sweep.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #549 on: May 27, 2009, 06:18:52 AM »
The Cavs are not a one man team. One man teams don't win 66 games. But his teammates are disapearing down the stretch in every game. Lebron didn't sit the entire second half and overtime which tells me that Mike Brown doesn't have much confidence in his bench players.

It's crazy to think that the Magic should be in the NBA Finals right now with a 4-0 sweep.
66 wins means fuck all without a ring, at this point seems like a wasted effort,  they failed.

in the regular season they were hitting 3's and defending, in the postseason there building fucken houses using a spalding ball, mo william was 0-3  from the 3 point line, in a game they really needed to win..

lebron is a motherfucken machine, his defending perimeter players and scoring 40+ i expect at least 60 in the next, i fucken guarantee it, motherfucken guarantee it.