Author Topic: why doesn't science just give us an answer already  (Read 1236 times)

ASJChaotic

why doesn't science just give us an answer already
« on: April 08, 2009, 03:28:05 PM »
currently there are these views about muscle growth

Myofibril hypertrophy, hypertrophy in the actual muscle fibers, which is caused by lifting loads more than 80% of your 1 rep max and weights around 65% will not trigger it, long rests, heavy weights, your fast twitch fibers don't contract against light weights

This is also called "overload" long term gains

Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, which is the hypertrophy in the sarcoplasm and is reached by lifting submaximal loads, short rests, light weights
you can lose A LOT of size in a short period of time if most of what you have is sacroplasmic hypertrophy
(guys talk about how they stopped working out for one week and lost 10 pounds of muscle, which i don't understand because i could
stop working out for a month and not lose any)

Muscle microtears: which is you have to damage the muscle then repair it, it will grow
this theory just dismisses everything, your muscle fibers are not being "overloaded" what is being damaged exactly? fast twitch fibers?
as long as you damage and recover your muscles will grow, you can damage a muscle with any kind of weight pretty much

..... ???

so do we "damage" the muscles or "overload" them?
why doesn't science give us an answer already?
has there been no studies on this?

i'm sure someone will post "Just lift" but it would help to know what is optimal and what is not, to not waste time
get to work, men in lab coats  >:(

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: why doesn't science just give us an answer already
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 03:32:57 PM »
just lift  :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »
well.....   there isnt a single answer. there is an answer, but that answer is a combination of several different answers, all of which are true to some degree and also all of which are missing some key element.

at the end of the day, when you are about to start your workout... understand that all the science in the world... it all comes down to, in crude terms, fucking up the muscle.

so the answer, "just lift" is accurate.

now of course theres truth to periodization and the like... and when ever you notice that yoru workouts arent as effective and your not getting as sore...then you change up the style of your workout.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »
well.....   there isnt a single answer. there is an answer, but that answer is a combination of several different answers, all of which are true to some degree and also all of which are missing some key element.

at the end of the day, when you are about to start your workout... understand that all the science in the world... it all comes down to, in crude terms, fucking up the muscle.

so the answer, "just lift" is accurate.

now of course theres truth to periodization and the like... and when ever you notice that yoru workouts arent as effective and your not getting as sore...then you change up the style of your workout.

I NEVER EVER get sore from lifting heavy
when i lift with lots of volume i get so sore i can't move
everytime i go volume the night i can actually see small stretch marks on my biceps for example
i have been going against my natural instinct and trying to "lift heavy" ...i can do pulldowns with the whole rack and i don't see a dorian yates lat spread  ::)
....so much misinformation out there man

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 04:10:40 PM »
I NEVER EVER get sore from lifting heavy
when i lift with lots of volume i get so sore i can't move
everytime i go volume the night i can actually see small stretch marks on my biceps for example
i have been going against my natural instinct and trying to "lift heavy" ...i can do pulldowns with the whole rack and i don't see a dorian yates lat spread  ::)
....so much misinformation out there man

Well that's because you haven't been lifting weights for more than what, 2 years?  It takes time and it's not something that's going to happen overnight.  If you want results now, go get implants and stop lifting weights.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 04:14:42 PM »
Well that's because you haven't been lifting weights for more than what, 2 years?  It takes time and it's not something that's going to happen overnight.  If you want results now, go get implants and stop lifting weights.

2 years in this upcoming october lol
LOL get implants