Author Topic: Pelosi: 'We Want Registration'; Holder: 2A Won't 'Stand In The Way' - ITS ON!  (Read 2599 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Pelosi: 'We Want Registration'; Holder: 2A Won't 'Stand In The Way'; SAF: 'Gloves Are Off'
Second Amendment Foundation ^ | 8 April, 2009 | NA

Posted on Thursday, April 09, 2009 8:11:37 AM by marktwain

BELLEVUE, Wash., April 8 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Democrat House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on April 7 acknowledged that gun registration is on her agenda, days after Attorney General Eric Holder told reporters in Mexico that the Second Amendment would not "stand in the way" of administration plans to crack down on alleged gun trafficking to Mexico.

"These are alarming remarks from Speaker Pelosi and Attorney General Holder," said Second Amendment Foundation founder Alan Gottlieb. "It appears that the Obama administration and Capitol Hill anti-gunners have dropped all pretences about their plans for gun owners' rights, and it looks like the gloves are coming off."

Pelosi's revelation came during an interview on ABC's Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress "never denied" the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, "We want them registered. We don't want them crossing state lines..." Gottlieb noted that citizens' rights do not stop at state lines.

"But that doesn't really matter," he observed. "History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation."

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: "I don't think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon."

"These comments belie administration promises and Democrat rhetoric that party leaders respect the rights of law-abiding Americans to own the firearm of their choice," Gottlieb said. "They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi's California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn't disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won't prevent crime, either.

"The administration and Congressional anti-gunners have declared war on gun rights," Gottlieb said. "The press seems deliberately blind to the statements from Pelosi and Holder, who blame our gun rights for their incompetence in dealing with crime. More than 90 million gun owners haven't hurt anybody, and they are tired of being treated like criminals."

The Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 600,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

________________________ _______________________

hEY 240 - CARE TO COMMENT?????

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
mmrmrmmrmmrmmrmrm...hope and change.....mmemrr mrmmrmrmr...Sarah Palin......mmrmrmmrmmmrm rm........911......mrmrr mrm...blam bush............
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Let's get details before we turn into drama queens.  Of course I'm against registration.  is this a nationwide plan?  or just something to stop the prick salesmen in AZ from sending crates of Aks over the border each day?  

Do you have a source not called "The second amendment foundation"?  Their website is full of articles like "ACORN USES PUBLIC FUNDS TO STEAL ELECTIONS", so I'm thinking it's more of an anti-Dem site than true objective news org.

Details, please!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
As each day goes by, I am more and more convinced that Obama is a sleeper cell marxist all on to himself.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Let's get details before we turn into drama queens.  Of course I'm against registration.  is this a nationwide plan?  or just something to stop the prick salesmen in AZ from sending crates of Aks over the border each day?  

Do you have a source not called "The second amendment foundation"?  Their website is full of articles like "ACORN USES PUBLIC FUNDS TO STEAL ELECTIONS", so I'm thinking it's more of an anti-Dem site than true objective news org.

Details, please!!!!

How about the quotes from Pelosi and Holder????????

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Ah 240 those are quotes right from the source.......again ur guy is a douchbag who wants our guns.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Ah 240 those are quotes right from the source.......again ur guy is a douchbag who wants our guns.

'my guy' is ron paul. 

I'm just able to recognize that with the good that dems do to help recover the domestic economy, they also bring the anti-gun bullshit.  People will vote in a repub in 4 or 8 years as a result of this and economic recovery.  And when they do, the repub will sunset the bill and it'll be 2004 all over again.

I'm not saying I agree with it, as I certainly don't.  And while I also don't agree with the fact mexican food gives me the shits, I accept it.  I understand this comes with the territory.  It's the Wild West with the repubs in office, and it's GunGrab City with the Dems in office. 

I hope getbiggers were smart enough to recognize this, and make the purchases when a repub was running things.  It'll suck, but hey, what can you do besides bitch about it on message boards?  Plan ahead, buy your long arms in the good times, and wait for the next repub to come into office.  What is it about 'pendulum' that is so hard to grasp?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
'my guy' is ron paul. 

I'm just able to recognize that with the good that dems do to help recover the domestic economy, they also bring the anti-gun bullshit.  People will vote in a repub in 4 or 8 years as a result of this and economic recovery.  And when they do, the repub will sunset the bill and it'll be 2004 all over again.

I'm not saying I agree with it, as I certainly don't.  And while I also don't agree with the fact mexican food gives me the shits, I accept it.  I understand this comes with the territory.  It's the Wild West with the repubs in office, and it's GunGrab City with the Dems in office. 

I hope getbiggers were smart enough to recognize this, and make the purchases when a repub was running things.  It'll suck, but hey, what can you do besides bitch about it on message boards?  Plan ahead, buy your long arms in the good times, and wait for the next repub to come into office.  What is it about 'pendulum' that is so hard to grasp?

Dont forget Amensty for Illegal Aliens.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
As each day goes by, I am more and more convinced that Obama is a sleeper cell marxist all on to himself.

no offense dude, but didn't you wait until jan 2009 to overspend on your guns?

I'm sure by September you'll be telling us it's time to buy suntan lotion for that tough summer sunshine.

240 is Back

• Getbig V

Dont forget Amensty for Illegal Aliens.

that's some bullshit too.

The problem is, Bush was a tool for corporate interests.  he cut school and domestic spending to a point where 54% of the population had enough.

There is no moderate leadership anymore.  You're either a repub in the pocket of exxon who pisses on american poor, or you're a bleeding heart, gungrabbing jerkoff. 

Maybe 2012 will deliver us a moderate, but history shows it'll be a far-right person.   A new face ala Palin, only not palin.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
no offense dude, but didn't you wait until jan 2009 to overspend on your guns?

I'm sure by September you'll be telling us it's time to buy suntan lotion for that tough summer sunshine.

I got my AR in September, I got my Remi 870 on November 6th., I got an AK a few weeks ago.  I also got a G26 recently.

I have had LEGAL handguns for years along with 2 .22 rifles, a .308 rifle.

However, I sold everything two days ago and no longer own anything.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I got my AR in September, I got my Remi 870 on November 6th., I got an AK a few weeks ago.  I also got a G26 recently.

I have had LEGAL handguns for years along with 2 .22 rifles, a .308 rifle.

However, I sold everything two days ago and no longer own anything.

hahahahahahha don't worry, they'll x-ray your yard and send your ass to a camp for burying them there.

Q: Why do canadians oil their garden?
A: To keep their guns from rusting!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Hahahahaa....good for u. Yeah ATF I don't have dozens of high capacity magazines, and other crap that nobody else is supposed to have. I'm not the "Randy Weaver" ur looking for...move along.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
hahahahahahha don't worry, they'll x-ray your yard and send your ass to a camp for burying them there.

Q: Why do canadians oil their garden?
A: To keep their guns from rusting!

Actually I got my AR in September after Palin was picked to help out the economy. 

That damn thing is very accurate at 100 yards. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Hahahahaa....good for u. Yeah ATF I don't have dozens of high capacity magazines, and other crap that nobody else is supposed to have. I'm not the "Randy Weaver" ur looking for...move along.

hahaha 333386 = Randy Weaver! LMAO...

33, you'll be able to keep everything.  You just won't be able to buy long arms or high caps at the same low prices.  We're scarce right now because smart people have been buying it up, preparing to re-sell high cap mas for $100 when a gun bill passes.

I remember paying $80 or some horrible amount for a high-cap glock mag in 1999 or 2000.  That same mag was $15 in 2006.  Today?  Probbaly a lot more.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
There are still alot of great deals.....pawn shops have alot, especially if u get the original kit that has the mags. I get my stuff whole sale from Rod and Gun clubs on military bases. I can save almost 100-200 off of most handguns. Plus they can get mags alot cheaper as well. Some stuff like H@K u don't get much off of...but American hand guns, inclding used, they have great prices.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I live in the NYC area, we dont do Randy Weaver here.  

He have city blocks, alleys, buildings, etc, not farms and ridges.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
There are still alot of great deals.....pawn shops have alot, especially if u get the original kit that has the mags. I get my stuff whole sale from Rod and Gun clubs on military bases. I can save almost 100-200 off of most handguns. Plus they can get mags alot cheaper as well. Some stuff like H@K u don't get much off of...but American hand guns, inclding used, they have great prices.

The gun shop owners have been the biggest fearmongers.  It's VERY good for their business.  It's like if grocery stores were running ads talking about giant food shortages, encouraging ppl to stock up. 

Obama has made a lot of gun store owners rich.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Well even the big stores are full of people buying weapons. I have never been big on buying military style weapons but as I'm moving to El Paso next week, I might look into an M4.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The gun shop owners have been the biggest fearmongers.  It's VERY good for their business.  It's like if grocery stores were running ads talking about giant food shortages, encouraging ppl to stock up. 

Obama has made a lot of gun store owners rich.

My buddy owns a gun store and he told me his biggest problem is getting supply from the distributors. 

He told me Bushmaster is 300,000 guns behind and Glock is 100,000 guns behind.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Thats what our guy here said...some guns it could be a year. They have no idea and the manufacturer has no idea.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
'my guy' is ron paul. 

I thought your guy was bahr?

You really dont understand how a pendulum works do you?

Whens the uk's gun pendulum going to swing back their direction? clue it aint

There has been a pregressive incroatchment on our 2nd ammendment rights and you are all for sitting there and saying ehh we will get them back one day, calling ppl GUN NUTS who bought b/c they thought obama would grab them EVEN THOUGH YOU SAID NOT BUT 2 DAYS AGO THEY WOULDNT.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
There has been a pregressive incroatchment on our 2nd ammendment rights and you are all for sitting there and saying ehh we will get them back one day, calling ppl GUN NUTS who bought b/c they thought obama would grab them EVEN THOUGH YOU SAID NOT BUT 2 DAYS AGO THEY WOULDNT.  

settle down susie.  This gun bill sucks and all, but there isn't going to be any confiscation. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
settle down susie.  This gun bill sucks and all, but there isn't going to be any confiscation. 
what makes you say that?

You said the same thing about gun legislation in general not but 2 days ago or dont you remember?

You really just dont get it do you? maybe not this administration but the next nut job liberal one and yes barry is showing himself to be a nut job liberal it wont be hard to get legislation for registration b/c hey weve done it before thats when you will get confiscation jack ass.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
240...whats the next logical step? Holder and even Hil have weighted in with BS facts about where and how many weapons are pouring into Mexico. First off we can't buy auto's..how the hell are the mexi's doing it here. Give me a break. They want em...they want to control everything and taking guns is the next logical step. The unfortunate thing is somebody will put a bullet in em before that happens, which would appear to be counter productive to our cause. Maybe hit em with a Prius or something.
L