Author Topic: People giving advice at the gym...  (Read 4163 times)

dov

• Getbig IV
Re: People giving advice at the gym...
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2009, 01:44:11 PM »
So I go to the gym today and am doing deadlifts. It just so happens two eastern european permabulker powerlifters are doing the same. So these mother fuckers think I give a shit about their advice because they can outlift me. I could care less about anyone's advice unless they have a body that is better than mine and is something i'm striving to achieve. If anything I should be giving those fat permabulkers advice on how to get in shape and get a body girls actually want to get with.

Let me know if any others feel the same.  ;D
post a vid of your deadlifts and let us judge whether they're shitty or not.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2009, 01:51:20 PM »
post a vid of your deadlifts and let us judge whether they're shitty or not.

They may be shitty, but to me that is irrelevant. I know what hits my body and what helps me grow.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »
if its under 4plates a side u wanna give your self a slap to knock the deludedness out your system...

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2009, 02:34:35 PM »
So I go to the gym today and am doing deadlifts. It just so happens two eastern european permabulker powerlifters are doing the same. So these mother fuckers think I give a shit about their advice because they can outlift me. I could care less about anyone's advice unless they have a body that is better than mine and is something i'm striving to achieve. If anything I should be giving those fat permabulkers advice on how to get in shape and get a body girls actually want to get with.

I always listen...in your example, you should've listened.  Know matter how much you know, you can always learn more.  Even if you think you know more than the advice giver, you should still at least be open to suggestions.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2009, 03:45:01 PM »

I always listen...in your example, you should've listened.  Know matter how much you know, you can always learn more.  Even if you think you know more than the advice giver, you should still at least be open to suggestions.

No i agree. I listened and was such a pussy I even did it there way for my entire workout. It was fine I just felt it in my legs more than usual and that wasn't what I was going for.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 03:49:46 PM »
Those sweaty, smelly and disgusting powerlifters.  They walk around with their fat guts and acne...f#cking disgusting...

Women want an athletic and healthy man.  They don't give a toss about some retarded permabulker who can lift heavy....

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »
Those sweaty, smelly and disgusting powerlifters.  They walk around with their fat guts and acne...f#cking disgusting...

Women want an athletic and healthy man.  They don't give a toss about some retarded permabulker who can lift heavy....
You should give this gimmick up, you're nothing like the real Hank Wood.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 04:23:29 PM »
The loud and abnoxious powerlifter. 

They try to make as much noise as they can in the gym; yelling, speaking in loud tones, dropping weights. Oh yeah, and then they look around to see who is watching...self conscious f#cktards!

Yes, these permabulkers are a hated breed...and yes women find their huge fat abdomens and no-cuts highly UNappealing!

I hate these f#cking insecure dipshits...they continue to bring a 'bad odour' into the gym!

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »
The loud and abnoxious powerlifter. 

They try to make as much noise as they can in the gym; yelling, speaking in loud tones, dropping weights. Oh yeah, and then they look around to see who is watching...self conscious f#cktards!

Yes, these permabulkers are a hated breed...and yes women find their huge fat abdomens and no-cuts highly UNappealing!

I hate these f#cking insecure dipshits...they continue to bring a 'bad odour' into the gym!
Sounds like you had a "bad" experience with a powerlifter in the shower at the gym.
I am a big baby

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 05:19:41 PM »

Jackass... Do you even look like you lift weights?  I have never ever had someone give me advice in the gym.  You must look like a pencil neck dweeb.

Secondly, I can't stand the powerlifting crews, but if they are serious powerlifters you can learn some things.  For instance with the squat, learning to sit back into the squat (box squat) and keep your shins vertical is much easier on the knees that the typical bodybuilding style squat.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 05:22:47 PM »
Jackass... Do you even look like you lift weights?  I have never ever had someone give me advice in the gym.  You must look like a pencil neck dweeb.

Secondly, I can't stand the powerlifting crews, but if they are serious powerlifters you can learn some things.  For instance with the squat, learning to sit back into the squat (box squat) and keep your shins vertical is much easier on the knees that the typical bodybuilding style squat.

Yeah i look like i lift weights, if i had to judge myself i'd say i look pretty jacked and sexy. Of course these powerlifters are outlifting me. They are 6'3" eastern european 275 pound power lifters.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 05:29:22 PM »
Yeah i look like i lift weights, if i had to judge myself i'd say i look pretty jacked and sexy. Of course these powerlifters are outlifting me. They are 6'3" eastern european 275 pound power lifters.

Is that you in the avater? You're looking a little boxy.
G

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »
Is that you in the avater? You're looking a little boxy.

I got fucked with shitty genetics  :)