Author Topic: The starvation diet  (Read 5579 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: The starvation diet
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2009, 05:44:13 AM »
You need fish oil brah.

I didn't include that. I usually take some but I am not doing 1000 cal right now anyway.
I hate the State.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2009, 06:44:09 PM »
Bingo on this post. You don't need cardio to get lean. Cardio lets you eat more food (because you're weak). It's like taking two steps forward, one back. Wasted effort and time. Cut out the food, lift heavy weights, and you will consistently lose weight.
First, the weight training will preserve lean tissue, keeping metabolic rate high. Muscle is active tissue, so T3 levels aside, that's going to need to burn calories to stay active. That's your key right there. And nothing is more anti-catabolic on a starvation diet than weight training. Studies where subjects consumed less than 1200 calories (male wrestlers) for more than 8 weeks preserved and even added muscle in some cases thanks to a weight training program, versus placebo.

So cardio isn't necessary. Do it if you want, or like to. But it's a joke way of burning fat, truly. Lift weights. Far more effective for fat burning. The EPOC of weight training is off the charts compared to steady state cardio. It beat HIIT cardio. It beats steady state.

For what it's worth, most bodybuilders back in the day didn't do regular cardio. They just ate less carbs, ate more meat, trained longer in the gym with weights (2-3 hours/day), and that was that.

Cardio is boring monotonous pointless work. I'd rather starve on low cals than do cardio. It works too. I do it all the time to get lean.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
Update on my starvation progress:

I've been eating about 1000-1300 calories a day almost entirely protein. I am feeling good and still have energy. I started tuesday weighing 192 pounds and today I weighed 187.8. Things are going well. I do notice I get very sore after lifting as I assume my body doesn't have the nutrients to recover as quickly. I ran today and was able to put up my best time of the season. Strength remains pretty good. Will keep you all updated.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:08 PM »
Update on my starvation progress:

I've been eating about 1000-1300 calories a day almost entirely protein. I am feeling good and still have energy. I started tuesday weighing 192 pounds and today I weighed 187.8. Things are going well. I do notice I get very sore after lifting as I assume my body doesn't have the nutrients to recover as quickly. I ran today and was able to put up my best time of the season. Strength remains pretty good. Will keep you all updated.

When it starts to get to you and it will, try adding a salad half the size of your kitchen table...

2 heads of lettuce
2 large cucumbers
1 large red onion
1/4 cup of dry Almonds
1/4  cup of croutons

And make your own salad dressing with some Apple cidar vinegar and hot sauce or if you don't use Almonds in your salad use Olive oil with the ACV and hot sauce...

Eat this thing when your cravings are the worst(mostly at night)....YOu will almost feel guilty eating something so big ;)

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
the fat will come off but in a few weeks, the progress will stop completely and you won't be able to cut anymore food

So in reality, you have become a cortisol-producing macjine, which we know is VERY BAD for a bodybuilder. Very low carbs (calories), plus stimulants to replace the energy is the approach that fat 200 pound women come into GNC, looking to implement.  You need to practice opposites.
Yates & Haney Never cut their carbs like that, HORMONES are very powerful, and your body is producing ALOt of cotisol (catabolic hormone), because of the ultra low calories & stimulants.  The low calories (lack of carbs) are shutting down your metabolism, and eating away at you muscle. The stimulants are not solving the problem. ALL STIMULANTS are catabolic. So you are like a boat, that has 2 holes in it, sinking.

Yates ALWAYS talked about not going to extremes. this NEVER works, except for a week or 2 before a show. But you will chew up WAY TOO MUCH muscle mass on the "Extreme diet + stimulants"

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2009, 08:09:03 PM »
So in reality, you have become a cortisol-producing macjine, which we know is VERY BAD for a bodybuilder. Very low carbs (calories), plus stimulants to replace the energy is the approach that fat 200 pound women come into GNC, looking to implement.  You need to practice opposites.
Yates & Haney Never cut their carbs like that, HORMONES are very powerful, and your body is producing ALOt of cotisol (catabolic hormone), because of the ultra low calories & stimulants.  The low calories (lack of carbs) are shutting down your metabolism, and eating away at you muscle. The stimulants are not solving the problem. ALL STIMULANTS are catabolic. So you are like a boat, that has 2 holes in it, sinking.

Yates ALWAYS talked about not going to extremes. this NEVER works, except for a week or 2 before a show. But you will chew up WAY TOO MUCH muscle mass on the "Extreme diet + stimulants"
yates did extremes.

and yates used a shitload of "stimulants" (counting thyroid as a stimulant).

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2009, 08:09:32 PM »
When it starts to get to you and it will, try adding a salad half the size of your kitchen table...

2 heads of lettuce
2 large cucumbers
1 large red onion
1/4 cup of dry Almonds
1/4  cup of croutons

And make your own salad dressing with some Apple cidar vinegar and hot sauce or if you don't use Almonds in your salad use Olive oil with the ACV and hot sauce...

Eat this thing when your cravings are the worst(mostly at night)....YOu will almost feel guilty eating something so big ;)

Good thoughts. I always use hot sauce as salad dressing. Some times I mix in a little balsamic vinegar to cut it if it gets too hard on my stomach. I know what you mean about feeling guilty. I ate a yogart yesterday, 80 calories and I felt like a complete fatass.

Stavios

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2009, 08:19:43 PM »

I don't know why you adressed your post to me, I do not do a "starvation" diet

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2009, 08:20:39 PM »
I don't know why you adressed your post to me, I only do a "fresh-sperm" diet

:o

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
than cardio is the way to go  8)

I am doing 2 hours a day right now.

dude, how the fuck do you do that? I have to admire the work ethic but fuck, 2 hours on a treadmill... I'd just get tired of standing for so long. what makes this necessary? And how is it optimal anyway? I thought cardio should be minimal if one wants to retain muscle mass  ???
follow the arrows

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »
:o
some sick fantasies you have there, depussey  ::)
follow the arrows

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »
dude, how the fuck do you do that? I have to admire the work ethic but fuck, 2 hours on a treadmill... I'd just get tired of standing for so long. what makes this necessary? And how is it optimal anyway? I thought cardio should be minimal if one wants to retain muscle mass  ???

If i had it in me to do 2 hrs a day of cardio i wouldn't have to starve myself. But since I currently do about 30 minutes or cardio 2-4 times a week i got to get thin by not eating.

Stavios

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2009, 10:50:50 PM »
Quote from: haiderlink=topic=275609.msg3889919#msg3889919 date=1239943866

it's too easy I watch House M.D episodes  8)

don't know if it is necessary, I am trying a few things this year dieting on my own.
I am going for the ultra ripped look that I have never been able to achieve

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2009, 10:53:07 PM »
You nailed me Debussey. I'm a homosexual and a muslim, but can't be open about it because that will get my head cut off by my imam. 

Poor thing :'(