Author Topic: unconventional things that work  (Read 1181 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
unconventional things that work
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:04:37 PM »
if it becomes successful make it a sticky...

back extension but only doing the first 1/4 movement with a heavy amount of weight will really hit the hamstrings...
try it  :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: unconventional things that work
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 01:27:03 PM »
doing leg press with your legs all the way at the top, toes off the pad, only heels on, feet spread as far as possible. so foot position is with heels on the upper outer corners of the leg press.

this is a hamstring exercise, virtually all hamstrings.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »
doing leg press with your legs all the way at the top, toes off the pad, only heels on, feet spread as far as possible. so foot position is with heels on the upper outer corners of the leg press.

this is a hamstring exercise, virtually all hamstrings.

Sounds like a reverse hack squat SLDL.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 06:38:14 AM »
Bench,
I don’t think this is what you’re describing, but…
Reverse hamstring curls done on the seat of a lat pulldown machine – some of the best hammy burn I’ve ever experienced.

Tiger Dips/Bodyweight Extensions – seldom done, but when executed properly, intense burn and cramping in triceps.

Brachial Curls/High Cable Curls – done with a close grip, elbows flared, keep upper arms relatively stationary, and pull bar to forehead or nose. Puts a lot of emphasis on your bi's outer heads.

High Clavicular Smith Presses on a flat bench – with feet on the bench, elbows flared wide, lower the bar to the adam’s apple for a hard stretch, then drive back up. You may be surprised how this makes your upper pec region feel compared with inclines. Use a light weight to start on this one, guys. Spotter recommended. MAKE SURE YOU SET THE SAFETY STOPS WHERE THE BAR WILL NOT CRUSH YOUR LARYNX IF YOU LOSE CONTROL OF IT!

These are by no means original with me, nor are they anything new.
But I’ve tried them all and am surprised not more people give them a go – at least every once in a while for something different.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 02:06:40 PM »
Hoping that JPM will chime in here.

I know you're online, dammit! >:( ;D

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 07:08:30 PM »
start with light weight at your sides
do a side lateral and while keeping the weight up move it to a front lateral position then return it to the original starting point do them real slow