Author Topic: Mike Mentzer's HIT  (Read 4720 times)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
Re: Mike Mentzer's HIT
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 05:17:23 PM »
You=impressive individual

Serbo-Croatian is a crazy language!

he is bosnian???

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »
he is bosnian???

Ja echt? Ich dachte, er kaeme aus Serbien....

Meh, die Sprachen sind sich eh aehnlich....
I hate the State.

Lumberjack88

• Getbig III
  • "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" - David Lee Roth
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 05:28:25 PM »
You=impressive individual

Serbo-Croatian is a crazy language!

Well it's my mother language :) serbo croatian is good for swearing ;) I'm bosnian, but a roman catholic one... croats would call me bosnian, bosnians would call me croat and serbs would call me a croat too :) it's very confusing with those ex-yugoslavia nationalities... but I am from Bosnia. But besides serbo croatian I only speak french, german and english... wish I knew some italian and russian too..

You seem to be quite an interesting individual yourself Deicide. So where are you from actually? I only know that wavelength is austrian and that ironneck and donkeykong are germans...

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 05:29:47 PM »
Well it's my mother language :) serbo croatian is good for swearing ;) I'm bosnian, but a roman catholic one... croats would call me bosnian, bosnians would call me croat and serbs would call me a croat too :) it's very confusing with those ex-yugoslavia nationalities... but I am from Bosnia. But besides serbo croatian I only speak french, german and english... wish I knew some italian and russian too..

You seem to be quite an interesting individual yourself Deicide. So where are you from actually? I only know that wavelength is austrian and that ironneck and donkeykong are germans...

germans would call me turk^^

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 05:34:11 PM »
Not a good argument... justifying something by the quantity of devotees. In the middle ages many people thought that the world is a disc, now only a minority agrees...
Have you read my post? I was not arguing, I was questioning? It is a question!!!
S

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 05:42:54 PM »
its been proven by journals of phisiology to be less effective than m,ultiple working sets.

that si to say, that more growth and strength can be gained from a workout with more than just one set.

HIT guys will say that one set stimulates the growth, anything extra doesnt add any more growth,  it only overtrains. which is wrong.

Lumberjack88

• Getbig III
  • "Big Dreamers Never Sleep" - David Lee Roth
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »
Have you read my post? I was not arguing, I was questioning? It is a question!!!

I'm sorry... I thought you were aiming at that "more pros train high volume so that's the right training style" direction... now that I know that you're asking sincerely I'm gonna answer your question with some pro names: Dorian Yates, Mark Dugdale, Markus Reinhardt and Dave Mastorakis  come to mind...

"its been proven by journals of phisiology to be less effective than m,ultiple working sets."

How did they test? Did they do one "normal" set and compared it against three sets executed in the same fashion?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 05:55:44 PM »
comparing results from a workout with one set past failure, with workouts with 2,3,4,5, etc sets past failure.

heres another myth pushed by "h.i.t." guys = its impossible to do more than one set , if your doing the set with the extreme intensity that is required to get to TRUE failuire.

bullshit, of course you cant do as much weight for equal reps, as you get weaker after your first set, BUT, its ver possible to maintain extreme intensity from set to set and reach true failure - or even past failure.

the real question is = whats ideal?

and the answer is = whatever works best, at that very moment.