Author Topic: Dorian Yates 1992 guest posing, absolutely unbelievable.  (Read 51414 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Dorian Yates 1992 guest posing, absolutely unbelievable.
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »
2004 wwas colemans biggest year and he had more muscle than that, albeit he was holding a ton of water.

More muscle? he was carry much more fat and water so how much muscle was he really carrying?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2009, 06:16:20 PM »
More muscle? he was carry much more fat and water so how much muscle was he really carrying?
watch this from 330 to 530 and tell me if you think dorian ever had this amount of muscle

and check this one out=

^ i think ronnie easily has better legs than dorian ever did. even taking calves into consideration, his hams/quads/gluts all destroy dorian. albeit his quads suffered from deteriorating seperation/definition later in his career.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2009, 06:25:23 PM »
watch this from 330 to 530 and tell me if you think dorian ever had this amount of muscle

and check this one out=

^ i think ronnie easily has better legs than dorian ever did. even taking calves into consideration, his hams/quads/gluts all destroy dorian. albeit his quads suffered from deteriorating seperation/definition later in his career.

Ronnie may have been heavier but it doesn't necessarily mean he was carrying more muscle per sa , Dorian was 283 pounds in that pic with according to Kevin Horton who took the shot unequaled conditioning

better legs? better quads sure bigger , better sweep better development of the rectus femoris , however his quads dominated his pathetic calves which were lacking in shape , proportionate size , development and detail , Ronnie's hams were detailed sure but Dorian is no slouch in this area either and if you look in profile at heavier weights you can see how Ronnie's quads aren't proportion with his hams either and in the end it's not about parts it's about poses , who has the better mandatory pose as a whole meeting ALL of the judging criteria and that's Dorian .

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2009, 06:31:09 PM »
in the end it's not about parts it's about poses , who has the better mandatory pose as a whole meeting ALL of the judging criteria and that's Dorian .

very true

personally dorian posing onstage doesnt do anythign for me. his back is impressive in soem photos, but in the poses its underwhelming compared to what its reputation would  have one believe. his shoulders are ffantastic in the back double bi, his fron ab/thigh at times was great, but at other times horrible. front lat spread looked awesome on him, his signature pose - with a close 2nd his side tricep. but i think he doesnt have any wow factor, and his chest and arms - the two "bodybuilding muscles" are his weak points...which makes it easy to give poses to a guy with good chest and arms.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2009, 06:36:43 PM »
very true

personally dorian posing onstage doesnt do anythign for me. his back is impressive in soem photos, but in the poses its underwhelming compared to what its reputation would  have one believe. his shoulders are ffantastic in the back double bi, his fron ab/thigh at times was great, but at other times horrible. front lat spread looked awesome on him, his signature pose - with a close 2nd his side tricep. but i think he doesnt have any wow factor, and his chest and arms - the two "bodybuilding muscles" are his weak points...which makes it easy to give poses to a guy with good chest and arms.

But that's not how contests are judged . Contests are judged on ALL of the criteria at once , that means in every single pose they judge muscular bulk , muscle density , muscle dryness , muscle balance & proportion , posing & presentation .

Now Ronnie may beat Dorian clearly in parts of this criteria as a whole Dorian beats him in ALL of it it's part of the same reason why Dorian never lost a ' symmetry round ' despite not being the most ' symmetrical ' in every single pose everything is judged at once

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2009, 06:44:20 PM »
But that's not how contests are judged . Contests are judged on ALL of the criteria at once , that means in every single pose they judge muscular bulk , muscle density , muscle dryness , muscle balance & proportion , posing & presentation .

Now Ronnie may beat Dorian clearly in parts of this criteria as a whole Dorian beats him in ALL of it it's part of the same reason why Dorian never lost a ' symmetry round ' despite not being the most ' symmetrical ' in every single pose everything is judged at once

dryness and density appear to be in dorians favor, he is "grainy". however i believe this is due to his white skin color, which makes him appear that way, i think if ronnie was white too he would appear similar on stage. however that doesnt matter at all, does it...and i agree, it only matters what it looks like, not what it actually is. (example 240lbs looks like 270lbs.)

but dryness and density - seem to account for conditioning- however what about strations and vascularity? to me those are a big part too. if those arent part of the judging portion for conditioning, then that needs to be changed. and in those areas - ronnie wins.

bulk would go to ronnie.

muslce balance and proprtion i think would be tied.... dorians arms and chest - ronnies abdomen and calves.

so if striations and vascularity have no say whatsoever, then i guess its possible that techinaically dorian is better......however its hard to judge without having them onstage together.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »

and check this one out=

You are talking to N.D. about Dorian, so i wouldn't hold my breath on him admitting Ronnie was bigger and more muscular than Dorian.

as a SANE person viewing those vids...it is obvious Ronnie is far bigger and more muscular than dorian ever was, it's a no-brainer....the guy doesn't look human.

And PS  I don't care what the scale says, bodybuilding is all about appearance.

PPS  I totally sgree about Dorian's back not being all it's cracked up to be....and yes ND...I've seen ALL of his pictures.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »
Hulkster!

I'm calling another truce in yet another Dorian/Ronnie oiled men in thongs thread.  ::)
Ron: "I am lazy."

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2009, 01:05:02 AM »
of course dorian looks great here but guest posing doesnt mean he was at his off season shape!!.. sure this was few days after his olympia victory!!..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2009, 01:30:46 AM »
You are talking to N.D. about Dorian, so i wouldn't hold my breath on him admitting Ronnie was bigger and more muscular than Dorian.

as a SANE person viewing those vids...it is obvious Ronnie is far bigger and more muscular than dorian ever was, it's a no-brainer....the guy doesn't look human.

PPS  I totally sgree about Dorian's back not being all it's cracked up to be....and yes ND...I've seen ALL of his pictures.

You missed the point completely I posted the pic of Dorian at 283 pounds and said Ronnie 2003 couldn't touch him ...now my point stands Ronnie 2003 was 287 pounds Dorian 283 with better conditioning you think Ronnie was ' far bigger ' and ' more muscular ' ? I don't think so , how is weighing 5 more pounds constitute being much bigger? it doesn't same with muscularity if it's at the expense of conditioning

Kevin Horton who's photographed both men throughout their entire careers has said in reference to that picture specifically that Dorian's conditioning at that weight was unmatched even to this day so I'll take his word on the topic over yours any day. And for argument's sake let's say he is much bigger so what? that doesn't mean much when it's at the expense of density & dryness and balance & proportion . which is exactly why Ronnie's all-time best showing is considered his lightest for among that reasons

You make a good point , they judges don't weight contestants on stage and it is all about appearance , as well as the judging criteria , simply who looks better in the mandatory poses and in my opinion Dorian clearly does

I don't care if you think Dorian's back isn't all it's cracked up to be it's all good I'm not here to try and change anyone's opinion just share my own , plenty of people think Dorian's back is insane including Ronnie himself.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2009, 03:13:54 AM »
dorian does look fantastic in that vid, but he is no ronnie coleman.
175lbs by 31st July

spinnis

« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2009, 03:29:06 AM »
Would look like a 10 year old boy compared to coleman.

alnassak

• Getbig IV
  • مـشـتـآق لـك مـوت يـآلـي طـول غـيـآبـك
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2009, 03:38:33 AM »
Dorian is all Back and Calves..  8)

That’s is all and nothing else..
  ;)
Corvette Lover

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2009, 04:28:58 AM »
The record book will show that Yates defeated Coleman and all bollocks aside that is all that will matter in time. Coleman is a freak though and easily the most genetically gifted to grow muscle bodybuilder ever, but his structure is something overlooked by many guys here, and as great as his hamstrings were from behind, mostly as they were so defined, from the side in comparison they lacked overall depth and tie in when compared to Yates. Yates in 93 could beat Coleman at his best in nearly every compulsory pose, the side poses he would take as he had better legs from the sides, hamstring flow, and from the rear it was close but the calves pull it out for Yates. The front ab pose he owned it before his gut blew out post 93, and the front lat spread the same, i would also give him the front double bi in 93 as his bodies overall flow and taper beats Ronnie's structure, only as he has those overly long arms and legs with torso deficiency in comparison.
Bodybuilding is the sum of all parts structure and symmetry included, if it was only about muscle and who had the most Ronnie would win but it isn't.

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2009, 04:30:06 AM »
of course dorian looks great here but guest posing doesnt mean he was at his off season shape!!.. sure this was few days after his olympia victory!!..

I was at this show,it was held at the Aquarius nightclub in Chesterfield,it was a qualifier for the British champs,and it was 9 weeks BEFORE the Olympia in 1992.The kind of condition Dorian was in at this show is what todays pro`s hope to be in a week out from the contest.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2009, 04:31:36 AM »
Yes, he looks amazing, but put a prime Ronnie next to him and you wouldn't even notice Doz.......
No doubt about it...

io856

« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2009, 04:46:37 AM »
Yes, he looks amazing, but put a prime Ronnie next to him and you wouldn't even notice Doz.......
traitor

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2009, 04:47:30 AM »
traitor

Deal with it, cracker.

Big Ron kills him.........
No doubt about it...

io856

« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2009, 04:48:22 AM »
Deal with it, cracker.

Big Ron kills him.........

I cannot and will not accept that

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2009, 04:54:10 AM »

End of thread..........no doubt about it.
No doubt about it...

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2009, 05:20:00 AM »
Can't believe that's 17 years ago!  Time frickin flies!  Yates looked awesome, but not comparable to Ronnie at his best, as it should be-Ronnie is the successor.  What I'm most disappointed with is the fact that he was still using that posing routine in at the end of his career.  How about a little creativity?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2009, 05:22:05 AM »
Both terrible terrible bodybuilders.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2009, 06:01:51 AM »

Well with an ass and hams more striated than Dorian EVER had then Ronnie's fat probably wasn't very high that year if you're honest. The man said Ronnie was carrying a bunch of water, but even 20lb of water (a ridiculous figure) would put him at 276 for that show.

Weight is not important anyway, but visible size can be, and when one guy makes another guy look like he's tiny WHILST having the lines in the ass which judges love, then you can bet Dorian's got his hands full. Bob Paris had better proportions than both of them but do you think he would win against either? Size and conditioning matter. Ronnie would lose calves and win EVERYTHING else, and Ronnie's calves in 2003 were big, just not some of the biggest ever like Dorian. Ronnie's delts alone would be bigger in 2003 than Dorian's whole body haha, well you know what I mean.

Ronnie had the bigger, rounder muscles, and IMO the proportion, since his delts arms and chest all fitted together amazingly, his quads were the only quads in the world which could keep up with that upper body, and he had a thinner waist than Dorian so when he sucked his gut in he would, for that shot, look better proportioned. Lats probably biger than Dorian's but not as dry are think looking, but some of the grand prix shots from 2003/2004 show a crazy christmas tree which would make Dorian's secret weapon back suddenly diminish in awesomeness.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2009, 06:03:37 AM »
discuss these men in great detail please!!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2009, 06:53:05 AM »
discuss these men in great detail please!!

LOL  And I thought I was gay.  The schmoes never stop...  :D