Author Topic: Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast  (Read 26394 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
how does dicrimination feel, you like it?  try being a fuckin taxpayer and paying big taxes always on time and being treated like a second class citizen.

What in the world are you talking about?

This young lady merely gave her opinion she was asked, nothing more or less.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
This thread is gay.
I hate the State.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
What in the world are you talking about?

This young lady merely gave her opinion she was asked, nothing more or less.
opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one. 

. . . . and they all stink.   ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
. . . . and they all stink.   ;D
um, i douche so mine dont

BayGBM

• Getbig V
I could care less about the issue of gay marriage.  The government needs to get out of the entire business of marriage anyways, be it a man, woman, or sheep. 

However, all this proves is how fucking stupid these beauty pageant women are.  I mean for fuck's sake she's from California.  Did she really think she was going to win after a comment like that?  She learned the hard way that's for sure.  Atleast she wasn't as bad as the previous years Miss America. 

She was stupid.  Period.  Who did she think was in the audience?  Who does she think patronizes a beauty pageant (be it Miss USA or Mr. Olympia)?  This reminds me of Mel Gibson making negative comments abut Jews in his drunken rant?  Who has the power in Hollywood?  Um… hello?

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

By the way saying, “that’s how I was raised” is the mark of a coward.  If you hold a value claim it as your own and defend it—don’t hide behind the phrase “that’s how I was raised.”  Most people, at some point in their lives, realize that some aspects of “how I was raised” was simply wrong and reject the examples and models of their parents.  The question was not “how were you raised?”

Instead of asking public figures if they believe in gay marriage interlocutors should be asking them, “do you believe people should be treated equally?”  That is the question America has had to ask itself again and again… in the 1860s, 1920s, 1960s, 2009… It is a simple GED question and stupid people keep getting it wrong.  ::)

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
WTF was a beauty pageant contestant asked this question in the first place?  ???

Are bodybuilders asked what their position is on abortion after the posedown?

Are Heisman trophy nominees asked about global warming?

Would you ask kids at a spelling bee what their opinion is on the war in Iraq?

Not only was the question stupid to ask in the first place, the backlash she received for being honest is downright scary. She has the same position as the majority of Americans and is now being treated like a pariah. The thought police are alive and well.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
She was stupid.  Period.  Who did she think was in the audience?  Who does she think patronizes a beauty pageant (be it Miss USA or Mr. Olympia)?  This reminds me of Mel Gibson making negative comments abut Jews in his drunken rant?  Who has the power in Hollywood?  Um… hello?

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

By the way saying, “that’s how I was raised” is the mark of a coward.  If you hold a value claim it as your own and defend it—don’t hide behind the phrase “that’s how I was raised.”  Most people, at some point in their lives, realize that some aspects of “how I was raised” was simply wrong and reject the examples and models of their parents.  The question was not “how were you raised?”

Instead of asking public figures if they believe in gay marriage interlocutors should be asking them, “do you believe people should be treated equally?”  That is the question America has had to ask itself again and again… in the 1860s, 1920s, 1960s, 2009… It is a simple GED question and stupid people keep getting it wrong.  ::)

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

she's certainly not an evolving person

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
she's certainly not an evolving person

She has a right to her opinion as you do. 

I personally think gay marriage is an aberation but am open to people thinking otherwise. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
She has a right to her opinion as you do. 

I personally think gay marriage is an aberation but am open to people thinking otherwise. 

I thought you weren't religious? ???
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I thought you weren't religious? ???

Im not religious at all.  My belief system comes from history, common sense, nature, and observation.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Good for her.  Someone needs to teach homosexual marriage proponents about tolerance.   

Never gonna happen.

This has become one of the third rail topics and people are losing free speech.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

At least 52% of the people in her state VOTED that marriage is a union between a man and a woman....UM...HELLO!!!!!!!!???

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

The mark of a coward is one who can't be a fair and impartial judge, as Hilton was hired to be. And the only thing "Stupid. Stupid. Stupid" was Hilton and his reaction. Again, he tried to turn this contest into a make-shift infomercial for gay "marriage" and it backfired. That wasn't the time or the place for that.

Let’s get real, here. Did Hilton REALLY expect that no one on that stage believed that marriage is a union between a man and a woman?

At last count, least 43 states defined marriage as such. The federal government defined it at such. The current president does, as did his Democratic predecessor, who SIGNED THE DEFENSE OF MARRIAGE ACT INTO LAW.

I'm sorry. But, I thought this was the Miss USA contest, not the Miss PC USA contest, or the Miss Left-Wing-Liberal-Policy show. If cowtowing to gay activists is a requirement to be in that show, let the contestants know that from the get-go and they can make the decision, whether or not they wish to participate.

The Coach

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

Who gives a shit, she was marked down for her OPINION not what the popular answer was supposed to be.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
Who gives a shit, she was marked down for her OPINION not what the popular answer was supposed to be.
I saw her interviewed last night. The girl was absolutely gorgeous, great body and well spoken. Didn't sound stupid at all. I think she knew her answer would be unpopular and possibly cost her the title and she had the conviction to say it anyways. Why even let someone like Perez Hilton ask a question to a contestant? He's a guy known for internet gossip always of a negative and inflammatory type.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

Whether or not you agree with her point, you have to respect her opinion.

I certainly don't agree with it and would never teach my children that, but I respect that her opinion is that and that's pretty much all their is to it.

Busted

• Getbig IV
  • PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM MOWER
Did anyone think that maybe, just maybe she got second because she DESERVED 2nd?  12 judges thought so..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Did anyone think that maybe, just maybe she got second because she DESERVED 2nd?  12 judges thought so..

By asking such a question, it seems that it opened the door to speculation.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

She was brilliant.She will make 100 times more money and get 100 times more fame and fortune then the winner.Whats her name again?NO ONE CARES!!!They are talking about her,she is everywhere,she will make millions.Meanwhile that limp wristed fem Perez Hilton will fade away and probably end up pulling tricks on Craigs List.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
It's funny that Perez Hilton is making her out to be a gay basher or something.  Seriously, they should have stuck to the candy ass questions they always ask.  I guess along with Miss California Perez Hilton must hate Mormons and Blacks in California too, a majority of them voted down gay marriage.
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

Stupid. Stupid.  Stupid.

Didn't she say that was how she was raised and that is what she believes?  Get over it dude.  You cannot legislate people to accept others.  They either do or don't.  I didn't hear her say she hates gays or any other group.  She believes that marriage is between a man and woman.  I'm pretty sure gay unions allow for everything but the title of marriage, or so a lawyer friend told me.  See the thing is that everything is you either agree or you're a bigot but it's not that black and white.  Are you going to fault a 90 year old woman in CA for not agreeing with gay marriage?  Is she supposed to give up the morals and values of her lifetime?
Squishy face retard

Hereford

• Getbig V
Another example of the gay agenda being forced down peoples throats. I hope a few thousand more people vote 'yes' on the next measure 8 that comes along because of it. There was no reason to ask this kind of question in this situation.

hmontaq

• Getbig II
homophobia is gay
Getbig =Reality Show

Hereford

• Getbig V
homophobia is gay

There is nothing homophobic about it. Nobody is afraid of any homosexuals here. The issue is that some retard psudo-celebrity used a public forum to cram their gay agenda into the spotlight.

People are getting tired of it.

hmontaq

• Getbig II
just making a statement... I like the saying :)
Getbig =Reality Show