Author Topic: Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast  (Read 26393 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Its amazing to me just how IL-lliberal most liberals are when it comes to people who disagree with them on issues.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Who gives a shit, she was marked down for her OPINION not what the popular answer was supposed to be.
opinions matter, is a subjective sport..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
She was brilliant.She will make 100 times more money and get 100 times more fame and fortune then the winner.Whats her name again?NO ONE CARES!!!They are talking about her,she is everywhere,she will make millions.Meanwhile that limp wristed fem Perez Hilton will fade away and probably end up pulling tricks on Craigs List.

It was a shitty Q to ask her.

But she did answer what she knew would be a controversial response.  Her opportunities may be greater as a result.

Perez hulton went on MSNBC and told Norah O'Donnell that he wanted to call Miss Cali the C-word.  It was a pretty awkward moment.

Hereford

• Getbig V
Its amazing to me just how IL-lliberal most liberals are when it comes to people who disagree with them on issues.

Yes! Liberals pride themselves on keeping an open mind about everything, up until the point that someone dares have an opinion different than theirs. Then you are a bigot if you don't agree. Don't think the term 'marriage' should apply to people who can't be married by definition? You must be a bigot...

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Yes! Liberals pride themselves on keeping an open mind about everything, up until the point that someone dares have an opinion different than theirs. Then you are a bigot if you don't agree. Don't think the term 'marriage' should apply to people who can't be married by definition? You must be a bigot...
and she should have won because of her answer?   haha

The Coach

opinions matter, is a subjective sport..

Opinions obviously matter to just one of the 12 judges on that panel. Hilton even said himself if she would have gave a different answer she would have probably won. Basically what he is suggesting, because of her views, she's a homophobe. That's BS.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Opinions obviously matter to just one of the 12 judges on that panel. Hilton even said himself if she would have gave a different answer she would have probably won. Basically what he is suggesting, because of her views, she's a homophobe. That's BS.
how do you know it was 1 judge who hated her answer...maybe it was donald trump or 10 others.  i think you're upset because the bigot lost

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Interesting commentary. 

ANDREA TANTAROS: Miss USA’s Outrageous Double Standard
By Andrea Tantaros
Republican Political Commentator/FOXNews.com Contributor

Apparently, there is a litmus test to be Miss (Liberal) USA these days.

Until the interview round of the contest, Carrie Prejean– who was representing the State of California was the front-runner.  She drew a question by celebrity blogger Mario Armando Lavandeira, Jr. who posts under the pseudonym Perez Hilton, the “Queen of Mean.”

The question:

“Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage.  Do you think every state should follow suit?  Why or why not?”

Prejean’s response:

“We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.”

The outcome:  The front-runner fell to first runner up and Miss North Carolina USA took the crown.

When people are arguing for tolerance and equal rights for gays they undermine their own argument when they resort to intolerant, hateful language that shows a complete disrespect for women.

Perez Hilton has since gone on an angry blogging tirade against Prejean’s answer calling her an absolutely reprehensible five-letter word and later an even more unacceptable four-letter word that begins with “c” on a mainstream news network.  He later apologized for his remarks, but then retracted his apology.  “She lost it because of that question,” he admitted.  “She was definitely the front-runner before that.”

Let’s consider the source: Perez Hilton is an openly gay, unstable and unreasonable left-wing blogger who reports on rumors with great braggadocio — not even real news — and often outs closeted gays in the public eye. If he doesn’t have respect for other homosexuals or an individual’s right to privacy why would he have respect for anything else?

When people are arguing for tolerance and equal rights for gays they undermine their own argument when they resort to intolerant, hateful language that shows a complete disrespect for women. Whether you are talking about gay marriage or the price of coffee at Starbucks, it is absolutely unacceptable to use that language about females to advance your argument.

The double standard is astounding.

I didn’t hear the outrage when Joe Biden said that he and Barack Obama are against gay marriage. No incendiary language, no insults, no four letter obscenities.

Why is it acceptable for Obama and Biden to have this opinion but not a conservative female? And where are the women’s rights and feminist groups to speak out against this kind of language? Or gay rights groups to denounce this clown because he does nothing to advance their agenda of tolerance? The same place they were when other females who possessed traditional values or beliefs like Sarah Palin exercised their right to free speech and expressed these views: they’re nowhere to be found.

I ask: How can a pageant that is supposedly designed to advance women put a judge who clearly has no respect for females on the judging panel? Enter Donald Trump. The Miss Universe organization is a for profit organization owned by Trump. The Donald, who I wouldn’t exactly call a champion for women’s rights or a moral touchstone, recently, defended the diatribe of Hilton. Congratulations Donald, we knew you were rich, just not ignorant. You can now add apologist for sexism and blatant disrespect for women to your resume after real estate mogul and reality TV producer.

Going forward no participant will stand up for what they believe in fearing punitive action.  What message does that send to young girls? You can be fearless and unapologetic as long as you have traditional beliefs? Keep in mind the pageant was televised by NBC, which seeks to propagate and advance a far left agenda. Enough said. Apparently the network has joined the Leftist jihad of intolerance and disrespect toward females, and free speech.

This issue goes beyond beauty contests and reveals a much scarier truth: You cannot voice a dissenting opinion without being assaulted by the progressive left. The left is not interested in debating, only suppressing debate.  Destroying your life and career is the sentence for anyone who dissents on these issues. The activists will carry out the sentence with the willing assistance of a compliant media.

If Perez Hilton, The Miss USA organization, Donald Trump, the mainstream media and the Left want to get in battle over free speech and treatment of women, bring it on.

Andrea Tantaros is a conservative commentator and columnist. Her commentary can be found at www.andreatantaros.com.

http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2009/04/21/tantaros_miss_usa_outrageous/

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
stupid answer, didnt ask for her personal opinion

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
stupid answer, didnt ask for her personal opinion

???  What exactly is this question asking for if not her personal opinion?

“Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage.  Do you think every state should follow suit?  Why or why not?”

The Coach

how do you know it was 1 judge who hated her answer...maybe it was donald trump or 10 others.  i think you're upset because the bigot lost

Don't tell me you're one of the one's who just because of her answer thinks she's a bigot? Thats rediculous.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
fucking libs. ::)
I hate the State.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Don't tell me you're one of the one's who just because of her answer thinks she's a bigot? Thats rediculous.
the question was about voting not her personal choices  she's a stuipd idiot and didnt deserve to win and because she's a bigot i'm happy she didnt win.  by the way speaking of bigots what happened to the obama chia pet thread you started?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I saw her interviewed last night. The girl was absolutely gorgeous, great body and well spoken. Didn't sound stupid at all. I think she knew her answer would be unpopular and possibly cost her the title and she had the conviction to say it anyways. Why even let someone like Perez Hilton ask a question to a contestant? He's a guy known for internet gossip always of a negative and inflammatory type.

What’s really messed up is that the woman who won Miss USA seems to be spending more time, talking about the runner-up. It detracts from her victory, even though she didn’t do anything wrong.

Her crown is tainted, through no fault of her own, but because of some numb-skulled gay judge, who couldn’t put his personal feelings on the back burner and do his job.

Miss California may end up being the BIG winner, after all (especially since few here in the USA care who wins the Miss Universe). People have rallied behind her and the fact that she stood up for herself. She may shine and get much more exposure long after this mess is over.

So, the only “Dumb *@&!&” in this entrie scenario is Perez Hilton.

The Coach

the question was about voting not her person choices  she's a stuipd idiot and didnt deserve to win and because she's a bigot i'm happy she didnt win.  by the way speaking of bigots what happened to the obama chia pet thread you started?

Perez asked this question: “Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalise same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?”

“We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage,” Prejean said. “And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.”

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Perez asked this question: “Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalise same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?”

“We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage,” Prejean said. “And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised.”

the Obama Chia Pet thread you strated?  where is it?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the question was about voting not her personal choices  she's a stuipd idiot and didnt deserve to win and because she's a bigot i'm happy she didnt win.  by the way speaking of bigots what happened to the obama chia pet thread you started?

The question was, "Should other states follow suit? Why or why not?"

She basically gave her opinion as to "why not". And, since she believes that marriage is a union between a man and a woman, her answer to whether other states should follow suit would be "No!" (BTW, 52% of her fellow Californians felt much the same way, when they passed Prop. 8).

Speaking of Obama, why don't you call him a bigot? He's gone on record as saying he believes marriage is a union between a man and a woman. And, so did his Democratic precedessor. In fact, didn't that guy sign DOMA into law, after it passed EASILY in both the House and Senate.

Why don't you Pres. Clinton a "bigot"? Or VP Biden? Stop me anytime you like.

Again, the stupid label falls squarely on Hilton. Thanks to that knucklehead, the runner-up is getting MORE PRESS than the actual winner.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
today is the 139th birthday of Lenin.  Let's sing!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
there all fucking libs...yur a dumb lib, yur all antiamerican libs...
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
there all fucking libs...yur a dumb lib, yur all antiamerican libs...

Quit being a troll Deicide.  If all you're going to contribute to threads are these stupid one-liners, which say the same thing in every thread, then go post on another board. 

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Great article, Double B!!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Quit being a troll Deicide.  If all you're going to contribute to threads are these stupid one-liners, which say the same thing in every thread, then go post on another board. 

Why? You rightwing bigots don't do anything but call people names when serious questions are asked; I am merely imitating that style.

For example:

Question: do you think American foreign policy is beneficial to the American people?

HH6, BF, GW, etc...Shut the fuck up you anti-American lib, you can't get laid worth your life...

DO those sorts of contributions count as trolling? I think they should. They say nothing, don't debate and merely hurl names. To quote your godman, look to the splinter in your own eye.
I hate the State.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Why? You rightwing bigots don't do anything but call people names when serious questions are asked; I am merely imitating that style.

For example:

Question: do you think American foreign policy is beneficial to the American people?

HH6, BF, GW, etc...Shut the fuck up you anti-American lib, you can't get laid worth your life...

DO those sorts of contributions count as trolling? I think they should. They say nothing, don't debate and merely hurl names. To quote your godman, look to the splinter in your own eye.

Nonsense.  No one this board, other than you, posts the same one-liner in every thread.  I'm not going to tell you how to have a discussion, etc., I'm saying stop being a troll.  You made your point. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Great article, Double B!!

Thanks.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
It was a shitty Q to ask her.

But she did answer what she knew would be a controversial response.  Her opportunities may be greater as a result.

Perez hulton went on MSNBC and told Norah O'Donnell that he wanted to call Miss Cali the C-word.  It was a pretty awkward moment.
Perez Hilton is a queen who outs other homosexual people before they are prepared to face their family and friends with it.

He's a horrible despicable human being for that.