Author Topic: Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast  (Read 26449 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
I don't necessarily disagree on the fact they are lying, but my understanding is simply that it's very difficult to come out to family and friends, especially if you are in an area that is perpetually conservative for fear of being ostracized.

People don't stay in the closet to perpetuate a lie... They do it to keep themselves from being hurt or ridiculed... At least that's my understanding of the situation.

It would  be like someone running around telling someone that you have 1 testicle... It's just not their business to tell.

What is you have 3?  ???

Dan-O

• Getbig V

???

That reference was a little too obscure for me too--was Deedee somehow trying to insinuate that your comments were overly dramatic?  No idea what she meant by that.  I agree with what you said btw.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
What is you have 3?  ???

I don't get it.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Scenes like this one make me think we should wait on gay marriage a little longer.

why?

Decker

• Getbig V
Absolutely Pathetic............

Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton was crowned Miss USA on Sunday, but the big story to come out of the normally politics-free telecast was Miss California's comments regarding gay marriage.

When asked by judge Perez Hilton, an openly gay gossip blogger, whether she believed in gay marriage, Miss California, Carrie Prejean, said "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

I agree.  What a dumb girl.  The object is to win.  Not to give your opinions.  If you want to win and there is a gay judge and there is a question about about gay marriage, you best commence with ball washing.

Or does anyone here really believe that the winners want to work for world peace?

She got what she deserved.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I agree.  What a dumb ####.  The object is to win.  Not to give your opinions.  If you want to win and there is a gay judge and there is a question about about gay marriage, you best commence with ball washing.

Or does anyone here really believe that the winners want to work for world peace?

She got what she deserved.

If you think the winners don't really do that much, why is it so important for her to suck up to a judge and tell him what he wants to hear?

Besides, few would know about her, if that brain surgeon Hilton hadn't thrown a hissy-fit. Now, Prejean is getting more press than the woman who won the show.

Decker

• Getbig V
If you think the winners don't really do that much, why is it so important for her to suck up to a judge and tell him what he wants to hear?
If she wants to win, she should play to the judges.

I think that's fairly obvious.

Besides, few would know about her, if that brain surgeon Hilton hadn't thrown a hissy-fit. Now, Prejean is getting more press than the woman who won the show.
I could care less.  It's just common sense to play to the whims of the judges to win the competition.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
If she wants to win, she should play to the judges.

I think that's fairly obvious.
I could care less.  It's just common sense to play to the whims of the judges to win the competition.

So she took a stand and was honest and should be discounted for it????

Why is that????

Im glad someone said the Un-PC thing for once. 

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.

Listen to yourself. Work backwards if it helps you.

Hereford

• Getbig V
pwned by Deedee.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
pwned by Deedee.

Deedee pwns everyone sooner or later. She's just so darned sweet about it, ...you don't always know she whumped ya.
w

Decker

• Getbig V
So she took a stand and was honest and should be discounted for it????

Why is that????

Im glad someone said the Un-PC thing for once. 

Yes.  She stood her ground...as runner-up.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Ok, so be it. 

Its a dumb contest to begin with.

Decker

• Getbig V
Ok, so be it. 

Its a dumb contest to begin with.
Exactly.  A quasi-stripping contest is sacred?  I think not.  I like the way the bathing suits cling to the Vulva.  That's always exciting for me.

Who gives a fuck what their views are on anything?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Listen to yourself. Work backwards if it helps you.

If you're trying to stick it to someone who said something with which you don't agree, going on a blog and throwing a tirade, folllowed by admitting that you marked her down, because of the nature of her answer, isn't the right course of action.

It's really silly, when you're acting like a immature brat about it (and you're supposed to be the "tolerant" one), while she's being gracious, kind, and classy about it (and she's supposed to be the mean, "intolerant" one).

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.

Maybe being honest was worth it. She showed character where most people would have lied and tried to appease a gay judge.

The simple fact that this has become an issue people are not allowed to disagree on makes me think gay marriage isn't such a good idea.

It's unfortunate Hilton insinuated himself into this debate to attention whore. His little hissy fit showed us some of the people demanding tolerance apparently have none. He's probably loving all the attention but it's doubtful this incident made a good case for gay marriage.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
she gave a selfish answer to a general question.  she should NOT have been hired and the judges affirmed it

drkaje

• Getbig V
she gave a selfish answer to a general question.  she should NOT have been hired and the judges affirmed it

How was the answer selfish?

She basically said it doesn't work for me but people can do what they like.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

She gave her belief.  Whether you agree with it or not, she is entitled to her beliefs. 

It actually was very refreshing for someone to give a honest answer as opposed to the PC garbage and pap that most people would have said.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Maybe being honest was worth it. She showed character where most people would have lied and tried to appease a gay judge.

The simple fact that this has become an issue people are not allowed to disagree on makes me think gay marriage isn't such a good idea.

It's unfortunate Hilton insinuated himself into this debate to attention whore. His little hissy fit showed us some of the people demanding tolerance apparently have none. He's probably loving all the attention but it's doubtful this incident made a good case for gay marriage.

He's giving more attention to the girl he tried to undermine.

What was so "selfish" about her answer? She was basically right.

We do live in a country where people can choose how they want to define marriage in their state (It just so happens most of the people, including those in her state, say it's one man and one woman).

As for the "that's how I was raised" comment........That's how nearly ALL of us were raised.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
She gave her belief.  Whether you agree with it or not, she is entitled to her beliefs. 

It actually was very refreshing for someone to give a honest answer as opposed to the PC garbage and pap that most people would have said.

from the internet: "
Miss Vermont: "Everyone has a right to their own actions. But I totally disagree with Carrie. I have a very different perspective on gay marriage and I would have never said what she said."

Miss Connecticut: "In general, when you're answering a question like that, you have to be politically correct about it. I would've answered differently to help accommodate all beliefs. It's a decision between two individuals, and not just a man and a woman."

Miss Massachusetts: "It's really hard to think that people still think that way. But at the same time, there's a lot of girls in pageants who wear their religion on their sleeve. If that's what she thinks, I give her credit for expressing that, but that's not how I feel. If two people are in a loving relationship, regardless of their sexual orientation, I think they should have equal rights."

Miss Iowa: "Being from Iowa, I'm proud to say that our state has interpreted the Constitution to say that gays have the right to marry."

And the overlooked winner of the pageant, Miss USA Kristen Dalton, sort of punts on the question: "In short, I would say everyone should be able to enter into a civil union, where they're legally recognized as a couple and earn the same rights as a married couple. I'm not going to say whether or not I think it should be defined as marriage because that's up to our politicans and our elected officials."""

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
was asked opinion not beliefs glad the idiot wasnt hired

The irony is that she will probably now have more opportunuties and $$$$$ than the winner after all is said and done. 

drkaje

• Getbig V

from the internet: "
Miss Vermont: "Everyone has a right to their own actions. But I totally disagree with Carrie. I have a very different perspective on gay marriage and I would have never said what she said."

Miss Connecticut: "In general, when you're answering a question like that, you have to be politically correct about it. I would've answered differently to help accommodate all beliefs. It's a decision between two individuals, and not just a man and a woman."

Miss Massachusetts: "It's really hard to think that people still think that way. But at the same time, there's a lot of girls in pageants who wear their religion on their sleeve. If that's what she thinks, I give her credit for expressing that, but that's not how I feel. If two people are in a loving relationship, regardless of their sexual orientation, I think they should have equal rights."

Miss Iowa: "Being from Iowa, I'm proud to say that our state has interpreted the Constitution to say that gays have the right to marry."

And the overlooked winner of the pageant, Miss USA Kristen Dalton, sort of punts on the question: "In short, I would say everyone should be able to enter into a civil union, where they're legally recognized as a couple and earn the same rights as a married couple. I'm not going to say whether or not I think it should be defined as marriage because that's up to our politicans and our elected officials."""

What's your point?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
The irony is that she will probably now have more opportunuties and $$$$$ than the winner after all is said and done. 
i agree with you. Anita Bryant Jr.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i agree with you. Anita Bryant Jr.

Who is that?