Author Topic: Miss California Sparks Furor With Gay Marriage Comments on Miss USA Telecast  (Read 26208 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I think her answer was sincere and unscripted

look what we have learned

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite.

what land is she speaking of?

has anyone ever referred to a husband and wife as opposite marriage

Hence, one of the stupidest answers to be given in the history of beauty pageants,
...but luckily for her, not the stupidest. Who can ever forget Miss Teen South Carolina?  :D

w

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Well, of course someone very visible on television is going to cause a "furor" when that person says something contrary to what the pro-homosexual, pro-immigration, globalist, post-colonial guilt ridden, politically correct popular media holds near and dear.  Or what it pretends to hold near and dear with whatever position would afford it the most money.

Few people, outside of San Francisco or Wilton Manors, aren't going to give it much thought anyways, even if they do support the idea of gay marriage.  The media, along with the rich, noisy, vocal gay civil rights groups(mafia) are out to cause a furor where there normally wouldn't have been one in the first place.

Keep it up America.  You hear the roaring of equality when it comes to gay marriage from celebrities and politicians, but absolutely nothing about other places where brutality of women is very real and often.  Its that very barbarism(along with much higher birthrates) that will come along and possibly sweep away the new Western minority.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Well, of course someone very visible on television is going to cause a "furor" when that person says something contrary to what the pro-homosexual, pro-immigration, globalist, post-colonial guilt ridden, politically correct popular media holds near and dear.  Or what it pretends to hold near and dear with whatever position would afford it the most money.

Few people, outside of San Francisco or Wilton Manors, aren't going to give it much thought anyways, even if they do support the idea of gay marriage.  The media, along with the rich, noisy, vocal gay civil rights groups(mafia) are out to cause a furor where there normally wouldn't have been one in the first place.

Keep it up America.  You hear the roaring of equality when it comes to gay marriage from celebrities and politicians, but absolutely nothing about other places where brutality of women is very real and often.  Its that very barbarism(along with much higher birthrates) that will come along and possibly sweep away the new Western minority.

What about those radical libs in Iowa

what the heck is going on there?

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Sorry, ...not a very big consumer of alcohol.

I figured there must have been some valid excuse for the Jim Crow line.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
can't you attend a christian school and not be a christian?

can't you also be a christian and be for gay marriage?

Technically, you can, just as you can go to Spelman, Grambling, or FAMU and be white.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
How the heck is Perez Hilton going to RESPECT her for her answer? ...regardless of whatever it is?
Hilton is seething with jealousy that he can't be her. Don't you think he'd love to stroll down a runway is a flowing diaphanous gown, wearing a diamond tiara, while having a vagina between his legs? That would be his ultimate fantasy. But since he can't be that, ...he resorts to punitively judging women in beauty pageants he can't ever have a hope of competing with. Let's get some perspective here folks. Perez Hilton may be one of the loudest, but he's hardly representative of the typical gay male, ...as most of you quiet-in-the-closet types know.  :D

So let's not bash gay men because of one flaming little turd.

All of my criticisms were aimed squarely at him. But, he may not have been the only one, who punished Prejean for her answer.

Another judge, Las Vegas entertainment reporter Alicia Jacobs, wrote a blistering anti-Prejean blog entry that received so much negative attention that it was later deleted. In the entry -- dubbed "Pretty is as pretty does" and still available via a Google cache -- said Prejean's answer "GREATLY affected me & the final score I gave [her]." Prejean, Jacobs said, "made the mistake of not knowing when to shut her mouth." Jacobs further said that, including Hilton, at least two of the judges were homosexual and that a third has a sister in a "gay marriage." Jacobs said she was "personally insulted & hurt."

"As she continued to speak, I saw the crown move further & further away from her," Jacobs wrote. She revealed how she voted on the final tally, which took place after the questioning round: "This was the moment where we had to assign that all-important final ranking ... 1 thru 5. Yes, I struggled, prior to her final question, Miss California was not my pick for Miss USA, but I would have chosen her as 1st runner-up. My final ranking for Miss California was 4th runner-up ... & if I could have made her 51st runner-up, I would have."

Bumping her from first runner-up to fourth runner-up impacted the 12 judges' average score, which determines the winner.

Not to be outdone, Giuliana Rancic, a news anchor on E! Television, wrote on her Twitter account regarding Prejean, "i know i'm a journalist, and i should be objective...but she is an ignorant discrace [sic] and she makes me sick to my stomach."

Gary Schneeberger, vice president of Focus on the Family, said the incident exposes a double standard when it comes to the practice of tolerance.

"Those who lean to the left ideologically like to paint those of us on the other side as the 'intolerant' ones," he wrote. "But some of them are going to have a hard time whitewashing the intolerance they've shown to Carrie Prejean since she said during the weekend pageant that she believes marriage should be defined as solely the union of one man and one woman."

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=30370

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND

QFT

And Jaguar you mist really be drunk or a drug addict to compare homos with blacks. Being that you are a black person, your assertion is particularly outrageous.

If a civil union provides the same rights as marriage without being a marriage how is there inequality? Invoking the name of Jim Crow is yet another example of your frightening ignorance of American history. The 1812 comment was pretty awful, but this is right up there.

drkaje

• Getbig V
QFT

And Jaguar you mist really be drunk or a drug addict to compare homos with blacks. Being that you are a black person, your assertion is particularly outrageous.

If a civil union provides the same rights as marriage without being a marriage how is there inequality? Invoking the name of Jim Crow is yet another example of your frightening ignorance of American history. The 1812 comment was pretty awful, but this is right up there.

It's the stupidest comparison people can make.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

The gays would get a lot more sympathy if they simply stopped trying to jam their damn agenda down everyones' throats (No pun in intended) and simply admitted to themselves and everyone else what they are. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
The gays would get a lot more sympathy if they simply stopped trying to jam their damn agenda down everyones' throats (No pun in intended) and simply admitted to themselves and everyone else what they are. 

x2

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
End tax benefits and state welfare for all marriage, gay or straight!
I hate the State.

Hereford

• Getbig V
What tax benefits are there?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
What tax benefits are there?

I don't know about Ca. but in NY you get a whole bunch of tax writeoffs and other shit; in most European countries you get HUGE tax breaks.
I hate the State.

Hereford

• Getbig V
What kind of tax writeoffs? If you are married in NY, you can lower your  effective tax bracket?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

It's made even more so, when they bash Christianity on the one hand, while on the other hand they try and graft onto the black civil rights movement.

I guess it never occured to them that the movement started IN BLACK CHURCHES and its greatest champion was a black minister.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
QFT

You leave Jag alone George.  Did you know she claims to have a 160 IQ?  Same as Einstein. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
And a star is born.   :)

Miss California to star in TV ad from conservative group
Posted: 01:39 PM ET

From CNN's Peter Hamby

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Carrie Prejean, the Miss USA contestant from California who famously declared her opposition to same sex marriage on the pageant stage, will star in a new $1.5 million ad campaign funded by the National Organization for Marriage.

Prejean was roasted by same-sex marriage advocates after she stood up for what she called "opposite marriage" (marriage between a man and a woman) when responding to a question from celebrity blogger Perez Hilton during the pageant. But she's also become a fresh-faced standard-bearer for the same-sex marriage opponents, who have rallied to her defense.

The National Organziation for Marriage has scheduled a press conference with Prejean in Washington on Wednesday to unveil the new ad, called "No Offense."

"She is attacked viciously for having the courage to speak up for her truth and her values," the group said in a press release. "But Carrie's courage inspired a whole nation and a whole generation of young people because she chose to risk the Miss USA crown rather than be silent about her deepest moral values."

According to the group, the ad will call "gay marriage advocates to account for their unwillingness to debate the real issue: gay marriage has consequences."

The Miss California TV ad is the group's second. Their first, called "A Gathering Storm," ran in several states earlier and featured actors issuing ominous warnings about the threats posed by same-sex marriage.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

drkaje

• Getbig V

From CNN's Peter Hamby

WASHINGTON (CNN) – Carrie Prejean, the Miss USA contestant from California who famously declared her opposition to same sex marriage on the pageant stage, will star in a new $1.5 million ad campaign funded by the National Organization for Marriage.

Prejean was roasted by same-sex marriage advocates after she stood up for what she called "opposite marriage" (marriage between a man and a woman) when responding to a question from celebrity blogger Perez Hilton during the pageant. But she's also become a fresh-faced standard-bearer for the same-sex marriage opponents, who have rallied to her defense.

The National Organziation for Marriage has scheduled a press conference with Prejean in Washington on Wednesday to unveil the new ad, called "No Offense."

"She is attacked viciously for having the courage to speak up for her truth and her values," the group said in a press release. "But Carrie's courage inspired a whole nation and a whole generation of young people because she chose to risk the Miss USA crown rather than be silent about her deepest moral values."

According to the group, the ad will call "gay marriage advocates to account for their unwillingness to debate the real issue: gay marriage has consequences."

The Miss California TV ad is the group's second. Their first, called "A Gathering Storm," ran in several states earlier and featured actors issuing ominous warnings about the threats posed by same-sex marriage.

Good for her, LOL!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Good for her, LOL!
$1.5 million  haha

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

From CNN's Peter Hamby

....."and while people are having a tough time remembering who actually won the Miss USA, Ms. Prejean will be remembered for her sweet but steady stance on marriage, despite the infantile tirade by a certain flaming homo judge."

Plus, Fox News loves beauty queens; so if she's a journalism major, we may see her reporting the evening news, before long.

Who says nice guys (or gals, in this case) finish last?

;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
And, since Fox News loves beauty queens, we may see her reporting the evening news, before long.
pray miss thing pray

Decker

• Getbig V
LOL- Who is crying? I am stating the obvious and I have told you exactly what I posted here on numerous occasions. Don't get your sand in your vagina just because your liberal commrades at arms are turning against you in this thread and you look like a total jackass.

Notice you didn't deny anything I wrote. Truth!?!? :P
You're crying like a little girl b/c the complexities of my views and arguments leave you dumbfounded.

Duuhhhhhhh you say the majority is right with torture but wrong with gay marriage....duhhhhhhhhhh hhh  you are a hypocrite.........duuuuu uh

Life's a little more involved than that Bud.

I'm not going sort out your undeveloped intellect for you.  That takes work on your part.  I like you.  But the content of your criticism is bush league.

drkaje

• Getbig V
She'd have been forgotten by now if a tiny bit of tolerance had been shown.

Decker

• Getbig V
I'm not talking about polls. I'm talking about cold hard facts. And the cold hard fact is that 30 states have marriage amendments, that define marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

Let me remind you that several polls in CA, just weeks before election day, had Prop. 8 being defeated and the majority of voters supporting gay "marriage" in that state.

Enough said.

She knows they will judge her for it; she expects to be judged FAIRLY for it, which she was not.

Cold hard facts?

Here are some more cold hard facts.  Organized business is against same-sex marriage b/c coverage of an employees spouse costs money.

Then we get the religious crowd that wants to treat gays as second class citizens b/c a book of stories from thousands of years ago 'told them to do so'. 

Here are some cold, hard facts:  The bible is not a book of history...any more than the Iliad is a book of History. 

There are no gods, devils, ghosts, angels, demons or the like.  Demonic possession is not real.  Those are literary devices that some unfortunate souls have, in their fervor, accepted as reality. 

Maybe that bit of information will help to inform your opinion.  B/c your opinion matters...you do have an effect on today's concrete reality.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Cold hard facts?

Here are some more cold hard facts.  Organized business is against same-sex marriage b/c coverage of an employees spouse costs money.

Then we get the religious crowd that wants to treat gays as second class citizens b/c a book of stories from thousands of years ago 'told them to do so'. 

The "religious crowd" wants to keep their rights as American citizens to vote on public policy as they see fit, provided such does NOT clash with the US constitution. Their rights don't go away, simply because homosexuals want to shack and pretend to play husband and wife.

Here are some cold, hard facts:  The bible is not a book of history...any more than the Iliad is a book of History. 

DEAD WRONG, Decker.

A prime example would be the statements of one R. P. Doughtery, a one-time Biblical skeptic, who upon learning about the Nabonidus Chronicles (an archaeological find, confirming the existence and the status of Belshazza (a figure that Biblical skeptics deemed was fictititious) went on to say that next to the cuneiform evidence itself, the most accurate depiction of Neo-Babylon can be found in the BOOK OF DANIEL (part of the Bible).

Time and time again, Biblical skeptics have claimed that events and people of the Bible were false or fictitious, only to be royally embarrassed, when the historical and archaeological data supports the Biblical account. Usually, I let Loco handle that portion of listing the numerous examples of such.

There are no gods, devils, ghosts, angels, demons or the like.  Demonic possession is not real.  Those are literary devices that some unfortunate souls have, in their fervor, accepted as reality. 

Maybe that bit of information will help to inform your opinion.  B/c your opinion matters...you do have an effect on today's concrete reality.

That "bit of information" was little more than slapstick comedy, born of some sort of frustration on your end.