Author Topic: dykstra a fraud  (Read 4306 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: dykstra a fraud
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »
the sad part is that only the best of the best from an area get a shot to even make the minors, when i was young the best player in my area  around allentown was dave schneck, the guy could really rake and he was a pitcher as well. check out his major and minor league career on baseballreference.com to see how really hard it is to make it.

I once threw some BP to Ryan Doumit and Nate McClouth of the Pirates.....they hit shit that still hasn't landed! haha

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2009, 12:02:50 PM »

I once threw some BP to Ryan Doumit and Nate McClouth of the Pirates.....they hit shit that still hasn't landed! haha
that's pretty cool. as far as juan samuel goes that guy  was and still is a class act. when he was playing i saw him stop when he was leaving the ball park with his then girlfriend at the time and autograph baseballs and other stuff for kids for over an half hour, ozzie virgil came by and did the same. jerry koosmn the bum practically stepped on the kids without even acknodelging them.
F

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2009, 12:06:19 PM »
No it's not.   ::) Breaking a world record in any track and field event is much more difficult.  Only one other person in history has set the record.  99mph fastballs are hit every day in the majors.  Even by some mediocre players.

To further illustrate my point, I could actually make contact with a 99mph fastball by pure chance.  However, I can't "by chance" run a sub 10 second 100m.

Ok, I should have said "hit a fastball/curve/slider/sinker/changeup" consistently on a regular basis, and not just once in your life, like a world record is.  Can they get up and do it every day?

I think the fact that the most successfull hitter (based on BA) of all time still failed 63.3% of the time illustrates how truly difficult hitting a pitched baseball is.  There is no other sport where that rate of success would equal skill.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2009, 02:22:21 PM »
I believe that baseball sips through a straw

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2009, 04:07:28 PM »
I believe that baseball sips through a straw

Yeah, and you're the sugar granules that don't make it through the straw. 

If you ever had played ball, you wouldn't talk like such a fucking moron.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 05:21:32 PM »
Yeah, and you're the sugar granules that don't make it through the straw. 

If you ever had played ball, you wouldn't talk like such a fucking moron.

I said I BELIEVE it sips thru a straw

you may believe differently...

Does that help you out a tad, scholarly one?