Author Topic: Tony Gonzalez to Falcons  (Read 2484 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: Tony Gonzalez to Falcons
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »
No, im telling YOU to give me evidence that gonzalez value is worth a 2nd rounder. Why would i need to give you evidence? History validates my claim

an aged vet for a high pick. It doesnt happen often.

and...the falcons wont do much...that divisionis a shit storm, every year a different team makes the postseason.

I've given you all the evidence you needed in my very first post on this thread. last season he grabbed 90+ catches, 1,000+ yards receiving, and 10 TD's. All of this while playing with five different starting QB's last season. Those are great stats for an NFL wide receiver. Gonzalez is a TIGHT END. That's worth a second rounder considering Gonzalez can still put up numbers like that for the next two seasons. And lastly, he's a LEGIT future hall of famer.

Anything else?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 11:23:24 AM »
I've given you all the evidence you needed in my very first post on this thread. last season he grabbed 90+ catches, 1,000+ yards receiving, and 10 TD's. All of this while playing with five different starting QB's last season. Those are great stats for an NFL wide receiver. Gonzalez is a TIGHT END. That's worth a second rounder considering Gonzalez can still put up numbers like that for the next two seasons. And lastly, he's a LEGIT future hall of famer.

Anything else?

I agree.  We're talking about one of the best TEs in NFL history. 

Also, I always prefer a proven player over a draft pick.  You never know what you're going to get in the draft. 

body88

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 11:43:15 AM »
Heres the deal.....What tight end coming out this year or next will be able to step on the field and create 700-1000 yards of offense?  Probably none, so its not a bad deal for Atlanta.

Sometimes the best drafts occur via trade.  In 2006 the pats traded draft picks for Randy Moss (Set all time td record) and Wes Welker ( the best slot guy in the NFL).  Then they drafted Meriweather who is turning into an elite safety.  I know I talk about the pats a lot, but it's a good example to reference.

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2009, 09:20:01 AM »
Heres the deal.....What tight end coming out this year or next will be able to step on the field and create 700-1000 yards of offense?  Probably none, so its not a bad deal for Atlanta.

Sometimes the best drafts occur via trade.  In 2006 the pats traded draft picks for Randy Moss (Set all time td record) and Wes Welker ( the best slot guy in the NFL).  Then they drafted Meriweather who is turning into an elite safety.  I know I talk about the pats a lot, but it's a good example to reference.

Meriweather is far from an elite safety.
I Bleed PhillyEagle