Author Topic: In all my years of training I've NEVER seen a guy do these!  (Read 4570 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: In all my years of training I've NEVER seen a guy do these!
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »
You sound like you're so worked up over how you've NEVER seen anyone do the skull crushers with the Olympic bar.

OK. We get it. You've never seen it before. Let it go!

If you don't like my threads don't fucking post in them.  There are COUNTLESS useless fucking threads on Getbig.  Go find another one to piss in or better yet go jack off to pictures of Arnold. 

vvv

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2009, 01:51:48 PM »
This is 200lbs and way harder than scull crushers

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2009, 01:57:21 PM »
This is 200lbs and way harder than scull crushers

That's actually pretty impressive but to say that movement is harder than skull crushers is bullshit.  No way.  There is a shit ton of delt and shoulder work in that movement.  The entire point of skull crushers AKA lying triceps extension is to completely isolate the tricep muscle.  Hence when people claim they can tricep extend close to 300lbs I call bullshit.  If that guy tried to lay on a bench and try to do a skull crusher with that same exact weight he would fail miserably.  I posted the CORRECT way to do a skull crusher in the wikipedia picture.  Elbows down perpendicular to your body and forearms parallel with the body.  When you flare your elbows like most guys do you take emphasis off the triceps. 

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »
If you don't like my threads don't fucking post in them.  There are COUNTLESS useless fucking threads on Getbig.  Go find another one to piss in or better yet go jack off to pictures of Arnold. 

Worked up over skull crushers. Worked up over a post. You've got issues all around.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
Your ability to skull crush 265lbs seems way out of proportion for you ability to bench. 

Hence my statement that my arm strength outshined almost everything else.

prof

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »
I prefer to do skull crushers on the bench press with a full length straight bar...easier to get the weight into position, and it does not bother my wrists. 

Skull crushing 135 is not hard or abnormal.

The most i've done is 205 for about three with full straight bar...that was getting hard and puts a lot a pressure on the elbows.   Gotta be careful with that kind of weight...really easy to get tendentious if it is done too often...I tend to only do heavy skull crushers ever other week to avoid this

BTW...I heard jeremy hornstra (spelling?) could do skull crushers with 315...think there is a video out there.   That is crazy strong...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2009, 03:56:58 PM »
you ought to diet down sometime man of steel.  you would probably have a great build for bbing.  I know your probably happy at your current size, but its fun to change it up once in a while.  plus all of us here at getbig would probably enjoy seeing the transformation.

My bbing lifestyle is behind me, but I would like to get in great shape again for sure....granted I'd adopt aspects of a bb lifestyle again to accomplish that.  I've been lean, huge, fat, fat huge, etc...now I just wanna be strong and healthy.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »
Ok.  I was think a regular sized Olympic bar.  You mean a straight bar with Olympic collars? 
Regular.

io856

« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2009, 05:59:52 PM »
pellechia did skullcrushers with 405

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »
pellechia did skullcrushers with 405

His form is also half-ass.  ::)