Author Topic: Max Ot -- Opinions needed  (Read 3199 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Max Ot -- Opinions needed
« on: May 04, 2009, 04:59:48 AM »
I need a new program.

How's Max Ot?

thnaks.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Re: Max Ot -- Opinions needed
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 05:03:00 AM »
I need a new program.

How's Max Ot?

thnaks.

very good, however..........

the low reps will kill your joints, and although your strength will improve, your size gains will not be as impressive due to intensity range that targets rate coding improvements morso than hypertrophy.

if you lift in the 5-8 rep range and keep everything else the same you will get far better results with no joint issues.
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 05:04:38 AM »
very good, however..........

the low reps will kill your joints, and although your strength will improve, your size gains will not be as impressive due to intensity range that targets rate coding improvements morso than hypertrophy.

if you lift in the 5-8 rep range and keep everything else the same you will get far better results with no joint issues.

thanks.

I already have joint problems, so that probably should be a reasin not to do it.

Any other suggestion?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 05:07:30 AM »
I need a new program.

How's Max Ot?

thnaks.

ummm, bs?  :D

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:07 AM »
I need a new program.

How's Max Ot?

thnaks.

HST = great.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 05:08:37 AM »
maybe pick another sport.

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 05:09:09 AM »
ignore everything fatpanda says about training and diet. not hating at all bro but you've spent 5 years talking about your obesity and done fuck all about it. your fatness owns your mind and clouds your judgement. you're obviously so insecure and obsessional about it that even term yourse'f "fat" panter.  when you pmed that pic of u  to doggcrapp -- and he started a thread saying look at this fat mofo -- you lost the ounce of credibility you may have had left.

seriously bro, no need to type a tearful and tremblin with anger response -- i'm not hatin, just warning people that when you type "advices" it is coming from a morbidly obese man sitting in a potato sack suit.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 05:09:34 AM »
thanks.

I already have joint problems, so that probably should be a reasin not to do it.

Any other suggestion?

do it, just use the 5-8 rep range instead  ;) your joints will be fine, and you will love it.

175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 05:11:14 AM »
ignore everything fatpanda says about training and diet. not hating at all bro but you've spent 5 years talking about your obesity and done fuck all about it. your fatness owns your mind and clouds your judgement. you're obviously so insecure and obsessional about it that even term yourse'f "fat" panter.  when you pmed that pic of u  to doggcrapp -- and he started a thread saying look at this fat mofo -- you lost the ounce of credibility you may have had left.

seriously bro, no need to type a tearful and tremblin with anger response -- i'm not hatin, just warning people that when you type "advices" it is coming from a morbidly obese man sitting in a potato sack suit.

hahahaha hi alex.

how insecure must you be? a fat man creating a gimmick to attack a guy about being fat ?

hahahahaha priceless
175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 05:12:00 AM »

Any idea on what a good training could be?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, 05:12:46 AM »

ummm, bs?  :D

How so? Please elaborate.

HST = great.

Been there, done that. Comsumes too much time.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, 05:13:07 AM »

Been there, done that. Comsumes too much time.

Takes less time than MaxOT.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 05:13:50 AM »
HST = great.

i got good gains on hst, but it burned me out.

also i feel there are quite a few holes in its theory. i.e. higher rep ranges, strategic deconditioning etc
175lbs by 31st July

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 05:16:14 AM »
Any idea on what a good training could be?

what u after DK? u want  a cookie cutter programme or something more specialized?

i'd say a lot would depend on what you've been doing, the type of training you instinctively like, the stuff you've found has delivered the best results.

some guys change it up a lot and some others just change very little and concentrate on a few big exercises and getting a fraction better at them each time.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 05:18:45 AM »
what u after DK? u want  a cookie cutter programme or something more specialized?

i'd say a lot would depend on what you've been doing, the type of training you instinctively like, the stuff you've found has delivered the best results.

some guys change it up a lot and some others just change very little and concentrate on a few big exercises and getting a fraction better at them each time.

some guys like yourself alex just take steroids and eat everything in sight.  ;)
175lbs by 31st July

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
ot is always good,i prefer canabis though

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 05:19:15 AM »
Takes less time than MaxOT.

How so?

MaxOT = 30mins-40-mins WO.

HST with 90% workload takes you a few hours to do a workout, at least in the Cluster HST. It was also the worst thing i ever did for my health and my joints, did make some good gains though.

i got good gains on hst, but it burned me out.

also i feel there are quite a few holes in its theory. i.e. higher rep ranges, strategic deconditioning etc

same here, i was close to death after some HST workouts.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 05:20:32 AM »
Stick to pushups and Bodyweight squats

Not everybody's physique responds to weights

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 05:20:55 AM »
I need a new program.

How's Max Ot?

thnaks.

I have been looking for a new chest routine as well

I am thinking about 8 x 8 or 10 x 10 for incline presses, thoughts?
I

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:16 AM »
what u after DK? u want  a cookie cutter programme or something more specialized?

i did a 5 day split of giant sets for about 1 1/2 years until january, then did the 12 week TRX program. After this, doing only arms somehow sucks. on the other hand, the giant sets fitted me pretty good.

At least i think i will change the split to doing more than one muscle group in each training, then maybe training each muscle group every 5 to 7 days....

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 05:21:35 AM »
How so?

MaxOT = 30mins-40-mins WO.

HST with 90% workload takes you a few hours to do a workout, at least in the Cluster HST. It was also the worst thing i ever did for my health and my joints, did make some good gains though.

same here, i was close to death after some HST workouts.

i packed in lifting for 3 months after hst. i kept getting colds and flu's as well.

fucking hated it.
175lbs by 31st July

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2009, 05:22:40 AM »
i used it for more or less 8 months to 1 year, it was great, specially at the first months..i never had joint problems, in fact i used to have a lot and since i started Max - OT it stoped completely, but i did all the warm up sets by the book, and exactly as the protocol indicates you. Its really strange when you go already to the max on the first set and you dont feel any pain in the joints after all!!! (well, have in mind you already done like 5 warm up sets to this point)

My stenght went up a LOT, and it felt great to be on this program, but the size gains stoped after some time .You have to rotate your exercises a lot so your body doesnt get used to it, and you have to incorporate the weeks off as the protocol tell you...

my advice would be: use it, its great, but just for like 2 months at max (or like the 12 - 16 weeks they recomend you if im not mistaken). After that go to a normal program (or with normal to high set program). I think this way it can be great to use Max OT

one of the best thing is that you are done in like 30 min!!!  ;D
!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2009, 05:22:52 AM »
Stick to pushups and Bodyweight squats

Not everybody's physique responds to weights

I did the TRX 12 week military program, only bodyweight stuff and it was the best training i ever had.

I felt more strength, fitter than ever and more energetic. I am done with the 12 weeks for 3 weeks now, back in the gym and it sucks. Pushing weights is boring.  :-\ :-\

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2009, 05:24:32 AM »
i did a 5 day split of giant sets for about 1 1/2 years until january, then did the 12 week TRX program. After this, doing only arms somehow sucks. on the other hand, the giant sets fitted me pretty good.

At least i think i will change the split to doing more than one muscle group in each training, then maybe training each muscle group every 5 to 7 days....

then i don 't think giving it 6-8 weeks would hurt. might be time to try a strength cycle of sorts.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2009, 05:25:49 AM »
i used it for more or less 8 months to 1 year, it was great, specially at the first months..i never had joint problems, in fact i used to have a lot and since i started Max - OT it stoped completely, but i did all the warm up sets by the book, and exactly as the protocol indicates you. Its really strange when you go already to the max on the first set and you dont feel any pain in the joints after all!!! (well, have in mind you already done like 5 warm up sets to this point)

My stenght went up a LOT, and it felt great to be on this program, but the size gains stoped after some time .You have to rotate your exercises a lot so your body doesnt get used to it, and you have to incorporate the weeks off as the protocol tell you...

my advice would be: use it, its great, but just for like 2 months at max (or like the 12 - 16 weeks they recomend you if im not mistaken). After that go to a normal program (or with normal to high set program). I think this way it can be great to use Max OT

one of the best thing is that you are done in like 30 min!!!  ;D

From my personal experience, i would have said to do the MaxOT for mx 8 weeks as well. More wouldn't help me much i fear, just destroy my joints.

then i don 't think giving it 6-8 weeks would hurt. might be time to try a strength cycle of sorts.

thing is i just came out from a 12 week strength training...  :'( :'(