Author Topic: This is what gun control is all about! - Someone tell AG Holder & Hillary.  (Read 2736 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Possibly...depends on the weapon used as a new AWB would limit capacity and other things regarding firearms.  Also, a new AWB would limit how many, and effect the availability of such weapons.  If there was a ban and the firearm was purchased recently than yes, this story may have turned out differently.

The firearm used was not listed in the article so I can not answer your question accurately.  To be honest, your question was a loaded one.   ;D

Do you think Obama is truly for guns?
What is the next step up from Assault Weapons and where would you draw the line as acceptable weapons for the average citizen.  Surely you do not want them with the same weaponry as the US Army such as a SAW or a Grenade Launcher.

Pretend you are in charge of the gun law, where would YOU draw the line.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
It's very hard and near impossible to get a automatic weapons license. But if u can, then sure. The guys who go to the knob Creek machine gun shoot..all have em. They have a guy who has the front of a Cobra gunship mounted to a pick-up truck..with the .30 as well. Another guy has a quad .50. These guys aren't the problem. A grenade launcher is a grenade launcher and not the same type of fire arm. U can't easily buy dynamite..same rules apply.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
What is the next step up from Assault Weapons and where would you draw the line as acceptable weapons for the average citizen.  Surely you do not want them with the same weaponry as the US Army such as a SAW or a Grenade Launcher.

Tactical Nuclear projectile is my limit. ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
It's very hard and near impossible to get a automatic weapons license. But if u can, then sure. The guys who go to the knob Creek machine gun shoot..all have em. They have a guy who has the front of a Cobra gunship mounted to a pick-up truck..with the .30 as well. Another guy has a quad .50. These guys aren't the problem. A grenade launcher is a grenade launcher and not the same type of fire arm. U can't easily buy dynamite..same rules apply.
So where do you draw the line.  Certainly you do not want that kind of Weaponry driving through South Central Los Angeles and rival gangs turning California into Somalia and out gunning the cops, forcing taxes even higher as they compete in an arms race.

Where do you draw the line?  I would like to know your input on this since you have experience with heavy weaponry and few here do.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So where do you draw the line.  Certainly you do not want that kind of Weaponry driving through South Central Los Angeles and rival gangs turning California into Somalia and out gunning the cops, forcing taxes even higher as they compete in an arms race.

Where do you draw the line?  I would like to know your input on this since you have experience with heavy weaponry and few here do.

They already have AK's and Uzi's

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
First off, neither one of us can walk in and buy an automatic. U have to file paper work and the feds are dicks as u can imagine. Gangs aren't going to be able to legally purchase them anyway. They already have plenty. They manage to get grenades and other things if they're connected to drug organizations outside the US. I don't need a rocket launcher so I guess u can draw the line there. But we can purchase a .50 Cal barret for between 5-7 grand. Not my thing, but cool I guess.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
First off, neither one of us can walk in and buy an automatic. U have to file paper work and the feds are dicks as u can imagine. Gangs aren't going to be able to legally purchase them anyway. They already have plenty. They manage to get grenades and other things if they're connected to drug organizations outside the US. I don't need a rocket launcher so I guess u can draw the line there. But we can purchase a .50 Cal barret for between 5-7 grand. Not my thing, but cool I guess.
Thats probably where I would draw the line unless evidence arises that a particular Armament presents itself as an overwhelming threat to public safety.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Good. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Thats probably where I would draw the line unless evidence arises that a particular Armament presents itself as an overwhelming threat to public safety.

Criminals dont spend 8 k on a .50 cal Barrett to knock off a bank. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
No....and they're kinda ridiculous anyway, unless ur SEAL sniper trying to stop a truck or something.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
No....and they're kinda ridiculous anyway, unless ur SEAL sniper trying to stop a truck or something.

I have an AR, AK, 10/22, Remi 870, etc.

Of all them, the GSG is really great to shoot without spending a ton of $$$$.

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

The line has already been drawn as there are over 22,000 gun laws on the books.  HH6 is correct, you are making it sound like you can walk into a gun store and purchase these weapons...you can't.  To even own an automatic weapon you have to apply for a federal permit which is a 6 month process; that doesn't include fees and such. 

I honestly think that the "line" that we have now is just fine.  People make it sound like a bad thing just because a person is exercising their rights to own a handgun. (DC pre Supreme Court decision)  Gun laws only effect the law abiding citizen...not the criminal as by definition they do not follow the law.

What kind of weapons are you talking about?  Capacity etc?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
The line has already been drawn as there are over 22,000 gun laws on the books.  HH6 is correct, you are making it sound like you can walk into a gun store and purchase these weapons...you can't.  To even own an automatic weapon you have to apply for a federal permit which is a 6 month process; that doesn't include fees and such. 

I honestly think that the "line" that we have now is just fine.  People make it sound like a bad thing just because a person is exercising their rights to own a handgun. (DC pre Supreme Court decision)  Gun laws only effect the law abiding citizen...not the criminal as by definition they do not follow the law.

What kind of weapons are you talking about?  Capacity etc?

IN NY where I live, it took me 6 months just to get a handgun permit, background checks, FBI and State, NRA safety course, and even then its restricted to my home and the range.  They dont issue CCW.

After all that nonsense, does anyone really believe I am going to rob a bank?

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
IN NY where I live, it took me 6 months just to get a handgun permit, background checks, FBI and State, NRA safety course, and even then its restricted to my home and the range.  They dont issue CCW.

After all that nonsense, does anyone really believe I am going to rob a bank?

I hope not, that sure seems like a lot of trouble to go through to commit a violent act. 

Shame people don't realize that everything you went through is a violation of your 2nd ammendment rights.  It never states "jump through hoops" to exercise your right.  NY is a messed up state, only the rich are allowed to carry.  Do you write call your STATE representatives on a regular basis to make some noise about this?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I hope not, that sure seems like a lot of trouble to go through to commit a violent act. 

Shame people don't realize that everything you went through is a violation of your 2nd ammendment rights.  It never states "jump through hoops" to exercise your right.  NY is a messed up state, only the rich are allowed to carry.  Do you write call your STATE representatives on a regular basis to make some noise about this?

Where I live it is a one party dictatorship on the wrong side.