Author Topic: Man, you just never know.... friend has cancer  (Read 10889 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Re: Man, you just never know.... friend has cancer
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 06:13:42 PM »
you are likening attaining a good physique to confronting cancer?

You must be young

many fat people would see it as "like" that would be a good 20 percent of the population atleast

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 06:18:35 PM »
my dad was just diagnosed with cancer, he is 66 years old, but in good shape, has never smoked and does not drink except maybe 1 glass of wine once a year. :(

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 06:22:00 PM »
How the fuck does a 29-year old non -smoker get throat cancer?  That makes no sense, based on my limited understanding of the subject.

GERD!
just not good enough

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2009, 06:26:12 PM »
my dad was just diagnosed with cancer, he is 66 years old, but in good shape, has never smoked and does not drink except maybe 1 glass of wine once a year. :(

possible meat correlation

after all there IS a high correlation to meat eating and cancer  ::)

sorry for your dad though id hate to see one of mine go :'(

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2009, 06:26:35 PM »

GERD!

Even that takes time.  Unless there is a major carcinogen exposure, there's a reason most cancer patients are much older.
Ron: "I am lazy."

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2009, 06:36:43 PM »

GERD!

Very good!

Indeed, GERD (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease) can lead someone to develop throat cancer.  As most know, cells that line the esophagus are constantly reproducing & replenishing themselves and, because of which, are in a state of flux.  

That being said, cancer, in the most basic of definitions, is pretty much a cell's inability to control its reproduction and ultimately multiplication (an "out of control" cell).  When gastric acid regurgitate towards your throat, the lining of the esophagus becomes irritated and inflamed, this constant inflammation leads to the need for the cell to shed its layers and reproduce itself.

Perpetual cell breakdown leads to cell cycle mutation, which ultimately can lead to cancer.

Take care of yourselves...
"1"

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2009, 06:37:43 PM »

Even that takes time.  Unless there is a major carcinogen exposure, there's a reason most cancer patients are much older.

Well, that's why they're finding genetic links to almost ALL types of cancer.  For women one of the biggest predictors of Breast cancer is just to have a family member (mother, grandmother) who had breast cancer. sucks huh  :-\

People have to realize what a fine line we're walking, ESPECIALLY when nearly every cell in your body is being replaced constantly, there's no wonder that every now again there's a malfunction in the machinary, especially when we add our own insults ie CARCINOGENS.

And I hate to sound like a prick, but there's two word people need to pay attention to when they're trying to avoid cancer....ANTIOXIDANTS and CARCINOGENS.

It's funny that whenever I tell a friend, "that's carcinogenic" they'll shrug it off with something like "everything's carcinogenic!" or "we all gotta die sometime."  But the truth is, a lot of common things really are.  If you eat deli meats (sandwich meats), barbequed meats (burnt), smoke, eat PEANUT BUTTER (and any packaged foods for that matter that have Hydrogenated oils) you're increasing your risk for cancers...and thanks to all of the SDA Health studies coming out, they're finding direct correlations with meat consumption and colon cancer  :-\  How many times can you warn someone before they say "why me?"

On a side note, I really have to tip my hat to pro bodybuilders, to play with those hormones like a kid with his dad's gun....wow, gambling men for sure!  ;)

just not good enough

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »
my cat drinks blueberry juice

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2009, 06:47:18 PM »
How the fuck does a 29-year old non -smoker get throat cancer?  That makes no sense, based on my limited understanding of the subject.

second hand smoke, or it just develops like any other cancer

christopher reeve's wife died of throat cancer at about 40 - 45 and she never smoked

E
E

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 06:56:57 PM »
I just talked with a friend at the gym, someone Ive know since school, and he has throat cancer. Never smoked, doesn't drink 2 any extent, and is in really good shape. Hes only 29. Says he can feel it wrapping around his throat like a big snake or something. It has thrown me for a loop and put some things in perspective . He really lives an active and fun life, has 2 beautiful little girls, and loves bodybuilding and fitness.
Man i hope he pulls through this.   Thanks for listening, now back 2 the striated glutes.

This happened to a close friend of mine about two years ago: oral cancer.  Never smoked, no chewing tobacco or anything like that.  Totally out of the blue. Within a couple months he looked pretty bad.  Got treatment at the university hospital and for a while he looked even worse; I never said it, but I really thought he was going to die!  But the treatment worked!  He got better and now he is back to his old self.  Thank god for modern medicine. (pun intended)  :)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2009, 08:35:16 PM »
Sorry to hear about your friend...If I could give any advice, take with a grain of salt but the truth is most doctors out there are going to help kill him...He needs to get his body to an Alkaline state ASAP and keep it there...He also needs to STAY OFF most of the meds these HMO killers will prescribe him...He needs to become his own doctor PERIOD...

What part of the country does he come from? What is his economic status?  The reason I ask these questions is because "THEY" are dropping massive amounts of chemicals on the poor through chemtrails/water/food...You don't have to believe it, but most people on the earth think that Olympic athletes are drug free and that the west are actually free...

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2009, 08:39:41 PM »
Hey guys thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes, and even the jokes ;D Throat cancer from penis hahaha.
Dietary is his number 1 plan of atack at the moment. He is trying to get a more basal rather than acidic system. Not sure if thats right but wth. He refused radiation and chemo, because in his words, "they want 2 kill the cancer by destroying my immune system, makes prfect sense" ::) ::) ::). I tend 2 agree with that.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2009, 08:41:56 PM »
Techno v i typed that without even seeing your post haha. Alkaline thats the word i was looking for, not basal.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
Techno v i typed that without even seeing your post haha. Alkaline thats the word i was looking for, not basal.

Its easier said then done but is a must for your friend...When the doctors tell him he needs to rest, let him know that resting is what is going to help kill him...He needs to keep moving...And drink a min/of two gallons of water a day...Even if it makes him sick...

Good LUck!!!

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2009, 09:00:50 PM »
A lot of well meaning advices in this thread, but this guy's best bet is to listen closely to what his doctors say.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 09:11:16 PM »
A lot of well meaning advices in this thread, but this guy's best bet is to listen closely to what his doctors say.

I know you mean well but most doctors put people on way too many drugs that end up fucking with the liver/well being...Cancer is one of those things that many people just don't want to talk about...And many people from the east can't believe what we do on the west to our cancer patients...Go Alkaline and cut your calories in half is the first thing anyone should do...Having cancer or not...

I do agree that you should listen to your doctor but you should also ask so many questions that he just doesn't have time to answer them...These fools don't care if you live or die...In fact, they already geared themselves to your death...

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »
sad news. it sucks when this happens.

this reminded me of this.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »
I know you mean well but most doctors put people on way too many drugs that end up fucking with the liver/well being...Cancer is one of those things that many people just don't want to talk about...And many people from the east can't believe what we do on the west to our cancer patients...Go Alkaline and cut your calories in half is the first thing anyone should do...Having cancer or not...

I do agree that you should listen to your doctor but you should also ask so many questions that he just doesn't have time to answer them...These fools don't care if you live or die...In fact, they already geared themselves to your death...

Debussey's point was that doing things that conflicts with the doctors advices/threatments in 99% of the cases = a stupid move.

That being said, doing extra things to further your recovery (healthy diet ect) = good. Getting the opinion from several doctors = also good, and asking a shitload of questions and so on = smart as well.

pjaffe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 10:02:55 PM »

cancer is generally a long sickness upon a person unwilling to change during the course of there sickness ,then sadly eventually die slowly

Maybe the single dumbest thing ever said on Getbig...and that is really saying something.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 10:12:41 PM »
Debussey's point was that doing things that conflicts with the doctors advices/threatments in 99% of the cases = a stupid move.

That being said, doing extra things to further your recovery (healthy diet ect) = good. Getting the opinion from several doctors = also good, and asking a shitload of questions and so on = smart as well.

TV knows that DB's post was of good intentions...TV is 9 beers deep and not always comes off the way that TV wants to come off... ;)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »
TV knows that DB's post was of good intentions...TV is 9 beers deep and not always comes off the way that TV wants to come off... ;)

No problemo 8) Debussey = surprized. Your writing = still very coherent after 9 beers.  :o

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »
hey after 29 your life gets dull anyways he has lived a great life better than many middle eastern young kids and men, so he should be appreciative of the life he has lived so far.

That = horseshit from star to finish. Powerful individuals make life interesting at any age.

:-*

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2009, 10:18:11 PM »
why the worry about dying, you should look forward to death, a release from the daily bullshit, meeting Allah and living in peace.

jt
TEAM Nasser

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2009, 10:19:14 PM »
debussey is on tonight I had that post up for max of 10 seconds and he quotes it!
TEAM Nasser

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 10:20:19 PM »
debussey is on tonight I had that post up for max of 10 seconds and he quotes it!

Debussey = omnipresent.