Author Topic: What is the science behind why there is a limit to muscle mass for natural?  (Read 6504 times)

Method101

• Getbig V
how is this not obvious, testosterone....to get more muscle you inject testosterone so you body can hold more muscle.

WHAT DOES THE TEST DO INSIDE YOUR BODY TO ALLOW MORE MUSCLE GROWTH?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"

You expect someone to spoon-feed you all this info? One could write a lot of pages detailing the mechanisms (even theoretical). You can find lots with google.

JasonH

• Getbig V
I would say it's to do with nature - the natural human body simply does not need large amounts of muscular tissue - it has no use for it in the world we live in and our bodies have developed over the centuries so this is the case.

Even if you take steroids and you're trying to build muscle, the human body is like a leaky bucket, full of holes. You have to plug those "holes" with good high quality nutrition and sleep just to maintain what you have built. You have to fight it all the way.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Ther eis no doubt in my mind if i eat and train for 20 more years i can add 40lbs to my frame
:D

Figo

• Getbig V
" What is the science behind why there is a limit to muscle mass for natural? "

gh15 said so. Thats all the science you need.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
we are all hormonised to some extent.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
Very few people ever reach the natural limit, there are so many things you can do in order to gain muscle mass.
Don't let em fool ya

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
goudy you must be drinking heavily if you believe you can reach 20 stone at the same bf level hahahahahahaha

thats ronnie coleman  amount of weight with only a approx 5% more bf hahahahahahahahahaha

not a chance in hell
175lbs by 31st July

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
You can get big and cut as a natural - you need to have decent genetics and you must lift hard and heavy over a period of time consistently. But you'll still never look like an IFBB pro (or even come close) and when you get to under 10% bodyfat, you'll lose a shitload of muscle - way more than what juicers would lose, cause they have that extra factor in the equation.

IMO competing without juicing is a waste of time, unless you are using it as an excuse to get yourself into shape and don't mind getting beaten by guys who'll outmuscle you big time. And on the flip side of the coin, juicing without having any intention to compete is dumb, unless you want to look super jacked just for the heck of it.

The Master

• Getbig V
You can get big and cut as a natural - you need to have decent genetics and you must lift hard and heavy over a period of time consistently. But you'll still never look like an IFBB pro (or even come close) and when you get to under 10% bodyfat, you'll lose a shitload of muscle - way more than what juicers would lose, cause they have that extra factor in the equation.

IMO competing without juicing is a waste of time, unless you are using it as an excuse to get yourself into shape and don't mind getting beaten by guys who'll outmuscle you big time. And on the flip side of the coin, juicing without having any intention to compete is dumb, unless you want to look super jacked just for the heck of it.

Ain't that the truth for high achievement in everything 8)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?

Ain't that the truth for high achievement in everything 8)

In part, absolutely - it's a key ingredient, but also not the sole requirement. You also need to have the capacity to achieve whatever it is that you set out to achieve in the first place, as well as a solid gameplan.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
EVERYBODY on this board starts lifting with an intention to manipulate ones genetic ability whether its strenght,size,overall conditioning,or well being.when one hits a plateau or reaches a point at least in there mind there genetic peak then drugs become a next resort.which is fine if there is a goal to which is to be achieved power lifting event,bbing comp,but to juice out of ur mind for yrs with no intention other than to be a beach or gym god then oh well.if u see most pro bbers at least last 15 yrs u will see many started of in a natural show or 2 then to the open classes or higher n.p.c and u could see there size,condition,changes in just a few yrs due to there jump to drugs.

Method101

• Getbig V
You expect someone to spoon-feed you all this info? One could write a lot of pages detailing the mechanisms (even theoretical). You can find lots with google.
fucker

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
goudy you must be drinking heavily if you believe you can reach 20 stone at the same bf level hahahahahahaha

thats ronnie coleman  amount of weight with only a approx 5% more bf hahahahahahahahahaha

not a chance in hell

I am 6'3.5

20lbs could easily go on my legs as i lack quads, hams and calves

The rest can just be distrubuted across mu upper body.

Weight is only a number, I am not claiming to be his MEASUREMENTS only his weight or thereabouts. At 235lbs I have a lot more  of my frame to fill out as i lack thickness and legs etc

Also i never knew 275lbs at almost 6'4 with 13-% b/f was unattainable  ::)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
I am 6'3.5

20lbs could easily go on my legs as i lack quads, hams and calves

The rest can just be distrubuted across mu upper body.

Weight is only a number, I am not claiming to be his MEASUREMENTS only his weight or thereabouts. At 235lbs I have a lot more  of my frame to fill out as i lack thickness and legs etc

Also i never knew 275lbs at almost 6'4 with 13-% b/f was unattainable  ::)

try 20% bf and you might get there.

no steroids = no 20 stone of muscle.

i'm just stating facts.
175lbs by 31st July

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

a few simple things, without going into detail about how these are done

-increase your response to training
-increase the amount of protein synthesis
-decrease cortisol levels
-increase your natural levels of GH & IGF1
-increase ability to burn fat/decrease ability to store fat

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Why exactly is there a natural limit? -
scientific explanation please, i know it has somthing to do with hormones but i want more detailed explanation

And what do the steroids do to the body that allows muscle to grow beyond natural barriers?

thanks.

You obviously never heard of Gakic  ::)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V

Matterhorn

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
First of all...when I was in my 20's, I didn't have idiots on the internet telling me I couldn't weigh more than 160 cut at 5'9. If I had believed that, I wouldn't made any progress. Most people have no idea what their natural limit is. They haven't trained heavy and hard for 10 straight years or more, eating high protein meals 5 to 6 times a day. They train a year or two and jump right on the juice...or listen to internet Gurus tell them what they can't achieve. As far as the science..steroids take you beyond natural limit because more hormones cause greater protein synthesis and greatly accelerate the recuperation process. A natural guy who starts training in mid teens can continue to make good size gains for many years, but in mid to late 30's, with the natural decline of hormones, it becomes much harder. Having said that, from dietary and supplement changes I am seeing good gains and I'm 46..totally natural.

you, sir, are 100 % right.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
try 20% bf and you might get there.

no steroids = no 20 stone of muscle.

i'm just stating facts.

tall man = 20 stone is possible.

Just stating facts.

You are not an expert on this field. Your comment is worthless

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
tall man = 20 stone is possible.

Just stating facts.

You are not an expert on this field. Your comment is worthless

hahaha i'm clearly more of an expert than you, if you think you will put on another 40 lbs naturally with no body fat hahahaha how delusional are you?

you must have serious body dismorphia, unfortunately fueled by the positive comments during mr getbig.

you are a big guy i.e. frame wise, and are pretty solid thanks to your heavy lifting but there is no way you are going to put on another 40 lbs of muscle on naturally.

no chance at all.

and regardless of you thinking my comment is wortless you can take this post to the bank.
175lbs by 31st July

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
no one knows what their natural limit is.

Genetic potential and your surroundings interact. nature vs nurture, genotype and fenotype.
Genetic potential can be reached when: everything in one's life is aimed at muscle building: most optimal excersizes, optimal nutrition, optimal recovery time, optimal mindset to endure maximal training intensity, etc. every slip up can diminish the outcome and you fail to achieve your maximum potential.

it's a completely useless concept, better questions are: what is the maximum natural potential of very serious amateur body builder, what is the maximum potential of someone that attends the gym 3 times a week and eats healthy. You'll not get a clear answer then but at least it homes in on a situation that is realistic.

Your genetic potential always differs from your neighbours potential. 5'11" at 200 pounds at 8% bodyfat seems to me like the max for anyone but the most gifted.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
when i say i cant improve anymore why bother to go to the gym again, wheter its true or not, at least i want to keep that illusion alive.
i will lose total interest in training when someone could give me on paper its impossible to make improvements.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"