Author Topic: 1972 Olympia-females backstage  (Read 13430 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: 1972 Olympia-females backstage
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009, 01:15:24 PM »
I think it is kinda possible to be both an a-hole and a good guy..depends on the situation..Arnold was good at being different things to different people....and yes I believe Arnold a me-first kind of guy..but the above qualities are what made Arnold the go-getter that he is and that's why he is a governor today and married to a Kennedy.

where are all those guys who were bodybuilding with him?..Arnold had a plan to use people to get to where he is.....He was open about it....and he was good at it..because he had the build, good looks and personality that made everyone want to please him...

We ALL wish we were as lucky

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
I think it is kinda possible to be both an a-hole and a good guy..depends on the situation..Arnold was good at being different things to different people....We ALL wish we were as lucky

There you go, in life it's often a mix rather than black and white, one or the other.

Maybe alot of people would like that success, but alot of people wouldn't do it if it required that personality to be honest. And i don't think for a minute it's entirely necessary to be a shit to achieve goals.

Also bear in mind that like a lot of successful people, Schwarzenegger from day one in America had opportunity thrust at him, that required no effort on his part and that had nothing to do with needing a certain type of personality.

Bottom line: protegees in many fields from classic music to football to BB to high tech often begin with opportunities most don't get. Schwarzenegger was one. He had leverage over Weider right away that others didn't, and was afforded opportunities right off the boat due to them. Same thing with real estate-a big part of the equation was having the luxury of advisement from various US and European businessmen, including Joe Gold and Weider, telling him to acquire real estate. Not just about his smarts or persona, which were part of it for sure.

A large part of Schwarzenegger's persona in reality very much mirrors that of the orginal Terminator, before it become "good"-there wasn't a hell of a lot of acting required. ;D

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 12:20:40 PM »
this thread is useless without pictures

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2009, 04:52:42 PM »
Arnold is the best there is and ever will be in bodybuilding....he was in a unique circumstance with the Weiders and there will never be any one else like him coming out of bodybuilding who will achieve what he has

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 11:40:00 AM »
here's your pic nyuk nyuk nyuk.
F

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 06:30:03 AM »
here's your pic nyuk nyuk nyuk.

I am sure he banged her afterward

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
There you go, in life it's often a mix rather than black and white, one or the other.

Maybe alot of people would like that success, but alot of people wouldn't do it if it required that personality to be honest. And i don't think for a minute it's entirely necessary to be a shit to achieve goals.

Also bear in mind that like a lot of successful people, Schwarzenegger from day one in America had opportunity thrust at him, that required no effort on his part and that had nothing to do with needing a certain type of personality.

Bottom line: protegees in many fields from classic music to football to BB to high tech often begin with opportunities most don't get. Schwarzenegger was one. He had leverage over Weider right away that others didn't, and was afforded opportunities right off the boat due to them. Same thing with real estate-a big part of the equation was having the luxury of advisement from various US and European businessmen, including Joe Gold and Weider, telling him to acquire real estate. Not just about his smarts or persona, which were part of it for sure.

A large part of Schwarzenegger's persona in reality very much mirrors that of the orginal Terminator, before it become "good"-there wasn't a hell of a lot of acting required. ;D

pumpster,

yes.....Arnie was in the right place at the right time.....but many people had those opportunities......Weide r rolled out the red carpet for Draper.....but Dave was kind of in his own little world with a divorce and with Alcohol and recreational drugs.....Arnold had a unique ability to party and not lose track of his goals.....he also wanted to be a success outside bodybuilding......acting lessons learning the real estate biz.......he was multi-dimensional.....had a burning desire to be free financially......but he followed through on it......the man didn't get there by total luck.....right place, right time......right people in his corner.....but that isn't what gets you there......it is a good start, but he ultimately made it a reality. Governor......financial independence......Mr. O 7 times......best action hero actor......come on bro.....it ain't all luck!!!!!!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 12:03:35 PM »
pumpster,

yes.....Arnie was in the right place at the right time.....but many people had those opportunities......Weide r rolled out the red carpet for Draper.....but Dave was kind of in his own little world with a divorce and with Alcohol and recreational drugs.....Arnold had a unique ability to party and not lose track of his goals.....he also wanted to be a success outside bodybuilding......acting lessons learning the real estate biz.......he was multi-dimensional.....had a burning desire to be free financially......but he followed through on it......the man didn't get there by total luck.....right place, right time......right people in his corner.....but that isn't what gets you there......it is a good start, but he ultimately made it a reality. Governor......financial independence......Mr. O 7 times......best action hero actor......come on bro.....it ain't all luck!!!!!!!!!

good point about Draper...Draper was actually bigger than Arnold at that time and had more money and fame.....Draper was appearing on TV shows, commercials, and advertisements because he was big, handsome, and BLONDE...had all-american looks....and Weider really wanted to push him...but Draper didn't want that for whatever reason and became mired in problems and stopped competing....Arnold is the most focused and determined mofo I've ever seen..just pure get-out -of -my -way determination...wish I was like him

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 12:09:39 PM »

good point about Draper...Draper was actually bigger than Arnold at that time and had more money and fame.....Draper was appearing on TV shows, commercials, and advertisements because he was big, handsome, and BLONDE...had all-american looks....and Weider really wanted to push him...but Draper didn't want that for whatever reason and became mired in problems and stopped competing....Arnold is the most focused and determined mofo I've ever seen..just pure get-out -of -my -way determination...wish I was like him
              draper and larry scott before him were the chosen ones but there personalities didn't match there bodies arnold's did.
F

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 12:31:34 PM »
              draper and larry scott before him were the chosen ones but there personalities didn't match there bodies arnold's did.

good point

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2009, 01:12:48 AM »
yes, arnold is the total, self-indulgent, narcissistic douch-bag, one would expect ................of course he charms people, that is one of the ways in which he gets what they want from them.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 03:37:19 AM »
yes, arnold is the total, self-indulgent, narcissistic douch-bag, one would expect ................of course he charms people, that is one of the ways in which he gets what they want from them.

yep.....we should all be like Arnold..maybe then we would be governor and He would be posting on GetBig....that guy had some balls

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 12:40:54 PM »
Can anyone confirm the rumor, that there were girls present backstage, at the 72 Olympia, and they were there to pleasure the bodybuilders? It was suggested that the girls were performing fellatio......any truth to this????
To do what? Blow the contestants before they pose?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2010, 11:58:00 AM »
Well yes.....

they were not backstage eating lunch ;D