Author Topic: Patella pain  (Read 4234 times)

tmike820

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Patella pain
« on: May 12, 2009, 09:11:06 AM »
I've been having trouble for a few months now with Patella pain. Had a MRI done all the Dr. recommended was to massage the area and use ice packs. It was in my right leg mostly but now my left knee is starting to have the same trouble. Any help from the board would be appreciated. Can bad shoes cause this??

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Re: Patella pain
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 11:49:46 AM »
stretch stretch and stretch... always relieves it for myself and my clients

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 10:23:17 AM »
Try insoles.

You got flat feet?

I do, and struggled with patellar tendinitis in both knees for a year before i got back on track.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:04:25 AM »
the verdict?

tmike820

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:04:28 PM »
 The verdict is that the stretching is helping, I'm making progress! As far as insoles, I've tried a few with not so great results. actually... the last pair made things worse they were high in the heel and it caused More pain than I normally experience.

bigjoered

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 05:05:27 PM »
Hey bro I also have had the same the problem in the past year did you get the are scoped by your doc?  What about scar tissue.  I recommend that you monitor this closely cause the injury can still be active even if pain is dormant.  My situation is a bit worse and I have elected to take platelet rich injections to aide in healing the the tendon.  I wish you the best with recovering from your injury