Author Topic: Anyone Ever Had Rotator Cuff Tendinitis ?  (Read 4144 times)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
Anyone Ever Had Rotator Cuff Tendinitis ?
« on: May 13, 2009, 02:00:23 AM »
The doctor says I have rotator cuff tendinitis and a calcium deposit in my shoulder. I'm scheduled for physical therapy in a couple weeks, but I don't want to put my chest exercises aside.

I haven't been able to bench press in 2 weeks and I tried again tonight after taking anti-inflammatories for a few day and it's just as painful. It's very depressing.

Has anyone ever dealt with this injury?  How long before you could bench press again? How long did it take to heal?

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone Ever Had Rotator Cuff Tendinitis ?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 02:08:08 AM »
The doctor says I have rotator cuff tendinitis and a calcium deposit in my shoulder. I'm scheduled for physical therapy in a couple weeks, but I don't want to put my chest exercises aside.

I haven't been able to bench press in 2 weeks and I tried again tonight after taking anti-inflammatories for a few day and it's just as painful. It's very depressing.

Has anyone ever dealt with this injury?  How long before you could bench press again? How long did it take to heal?

my right shoulder is fucked

i dislocated it  and it never healed properly

i have a calcium build up and get shooting pains when i press

i was advised to stop lifting
T

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 02:11:11 AM »
my right shoulder is fucked

i dislocated it  and it never healed properly

i have a calcium build up and get shooting pains when i press

i was advised to stop lifting

at least you have a good excuse not to go through painfull training sessions anymore.

SAW

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 02:14:58 AM »
I get that all the time to the point I can not raise my arm. Lots of advil helps me.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:17:56 PM »
I also use advil but not for long periods of time......maybe 2-3 weeks then I stop using it for a period of 2-3 more weeks. I will take 800 milligrams a day then back off for fear of using too much and eating a hole in my stomach.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 11:35:58 AM »
The seven minute rotator cuff solution is still the seminal text on shoulder rehab for people who work out. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0944831257?ie=UTF8&tag=getbigcom-20