Author Topic: Flair wants to wrestle again  (Read 12441 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Flair wants to wrestle again
« on: May 15, 2009, 09:29:18 AM »
from wrestlinginc.com

Ric Flair says he wants to wrestle again, and he's not just saying it; he sent text messages to WWE chairman Vince McMahon and WWE VP of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis offering to replace any of the injured top stars in WWE.

"I want to wrestle again," Flair told Alex Marvez in an interview earlier this week. "I watch (WWE) and I can still do better than 90 percent of the guys there."

Flair says he doesn't want to be limited to just signing autographs and doing promotional appearances when he feels like he's in great shape and could make a ton of money wrestling again.

"People in Europe are offering me a fortune," Flair said. "I'm tired of signing autographs. I can make more money wrestling."

Flair said he went so far to text Vince McMahon asking him why he wasn't included in the recent WWE Draft to Raw, Smackdown, or ECW. "He said I'm retired," said Flair about McMahon's response.

Flair acknowledges the special send-off he received at WrestleMania 24 when he retired, but the tone of the retirement was that Flair didn't feel like he was ready to leave the ring. Flair says he needs WWE's full blessing to return to the ring, but he's itching to return.

"I respect Shawn (Michaels) ... so much that I wouldn't do anything to disrespect them," Flair said. "They would have to give me full approval. They put me in a special place. I think it's going to be a long time before we see something come across again like what they did for me. I didn't think it would be that big a deal. We'll see how this turns out."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Flair wants to wrestle again
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 12:29:45 PM »
Nature Boy rocks. I would love to see him involved some how again. He turned down a WWE offer of 250,000 / yr to be a general manager. I think he could wrestle again if he wants but up to an extent. Remember, he's up there in age. One wrong fall / bump and its lights out.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 02:04:56 PM »
I think a position with a lot more mic time. But more in a slowed down fashion like this;

I loved it when he was cool and calm instead of screaming. Strutting and strolling slow. If he put together the Horsemen again and hid behind them it would totally work. Get back to the old school Nature Boy. The stylin and profilin. He can still compete with the young guys but he doesn't have to. He's got the gift of the gab and they should really utilize it.

I couldn't agree more.  Flair is far and away the best ever on the mic.  There are a ton of decent workers in WWE who can't get themselves over, so Flair would be perfect for them. 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »
I'd like to see him in a more mic orientated role as well, kinda like the old 'Commissioner' role!  I'm sure they could do something with him.  The only slight issue is after the big send off they gave him, can he just come back like that and start wrestling again.  I'm not sure.  I'd maybe give him some interference type stuff until people are used to seeing him around again before putting him into an 'official' match.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:48:36 PM »

i always thought Flair would have been a great actor.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 05:06:29 AM »
Whens the last time we saw Flair pull a foreign object out of his trunks...

When he invited those three ladies back to his hotel room during the last Australian tour.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »
"I want to wrestle again," Flair told Alex Marvez in an interview earlier this week. "I watch (WWE) and I can still do better than 90 percent of the guys there."

True.

Flair said he went so far to text Vince McMahon asking him why he wasn't included in the recent WWE Draft to Raw, Smackdown, or ECW. "He said I'm retired," said Flair about McMahon's response.

So what? Ric's come back from like 27 "retirements."

Flair acknowledges the special send-off he received at WrestleMania 24 when he retired, but the tone of the retirement was that Flair didn't feel like he was ready to leave the ring. Flair says he needs WWE's full blessing to return to the ring, but he's itching to return.

"I respect Shawn (Michaels) ... so much that I wouldn't do anything to disrespect them," Flair said. "They would have to give me full approval. They put me in a special place. I think it's going to be a long time before we see something come across again like what they did for me. I didn't think it would be that big a deal. We'll see how this turns out."

Ya know, I think it would work fine if they played a scene where HBK was the one extending the “invitation” for Ric to come back.

Scene: Michaels – or the company – is in some kind of trouble, and Shawn goes to Flair saying, “Nature Boy, there’s only one guy I can trust to take care of business (or whatever) …We need you, Naitch – now more than ever. Please come back.”

Done in this fashion, it wouldn’t piss on HBK or their WM match.
The guy who retired him is the same one asking for his return, acknowledging his value and necessity.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2009, 12:17:36 PM »
Have Flair be Flair...

Vintage...

Ratings...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 12:19:25 PM »
People would accept Legacy a 1000 times more if they were the new Four Horsemen. Add that Smith kid and there you have four.

Don't forget "Mongo."

No Four Horsemen stable is complete without Steve McMichael.

:-X

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »
"Shut up fatboy before I take your girlfriend home and make a Women out of Her!" RF

;D

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2009, 08:09:19 PM »
does he bring his own wheelchair?

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 04:26:19 AM »
It's official. Ric Flair is back on WWE to do a short term stint as WWE wants to keep Triple HHH off television for a while and they believe that Flair can still draw big as he has been doing recently in the Indy circuit for autographs and the odd match. This is as per PDI website.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 04:35:09 AM »
It's happening. Flairs back. He's going heel and joining Legacy. Hopefully he takes charge and they become the Horsemen.

???
I caught a (very) few minutes of the show last night during the Penguins game and saw Orton & crew jump Flair. Batista and Cena ran out to make the save.
Did something else happen after that?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »
It's happening. Flairs back. He's going heel and joining Legacy. Hopefully he takes charge and they become the Horsemen.
I highly dought this will happen but you never know. If anything, HHH will turn heel upon his return IMO. Flair's stint will be a short one and mostly behind stage.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 09:56:34 AM »
Why not put the strap back on Flair one last time? I always wondered why Mcmahon never allowed him to win the title at least once in the last 5 years. At least for a couple of weeks or heading into a PPV.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »
I feel the same way. Flair needs the gold. Who doesn't want to see him as Champion. It was a joke him winning the IC belt. It offended me. VKM can do so much more with this guy. I just don't understand why he doesn't?
Flair was never a WWE/WWF guy. Vince never liked anyone how wasn't his "creation". Look how he mis-used Vader, Sid, Booker T, Scott Steiner, the return of the NWO in 2002, etc. This is actually the main reason why Sting never came to the WWE and declined all offers.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »
A lot of things Vince does revolve around timing.
Flair vs. Hogan would have been HUGE, but the Fed was hot at that time, and maybe he was saving the match for a rainy day.

He should try booking it now.

Seriously, I can’t believe it wasn’t planned.
I just think Flair left before it came to fruition.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 04:23:54 AM »
Flair was the Champ. He won the Royal Rumble. I think he was great when he first came to the Federation. With Bobby and Mr. P.. Question here. How did they not have a super main event at Wrestlemania between Hogan and Flair? Why didn't that happen? Remember everyone used to talk about who would win Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair when they worked for different companies. It was the dream match-up that was always in the wrestling mags. I shit myself the day Bobby showed Flairs title and said Flair was coming to the Federation. My friends and I were going bananas!!! Finally Flair vs. Hogan. We'll see who the greatest champ really is? I saw them Wrestle in MSG. It was killer. But why not Mania? Why Savage and not Hogan. Stupid mistake I think and the fans deserved that match! It could have been up there with the Andre/Hogan match. Any thoughts on this? We got ripped off if you ask me.
I remember when he won the Royal Rumble back in 1991 and won the WWE title. WWE IMO fucked up bigtime with him. They should have cashed in with a good Hogan-Flair run. They had a series of tag matches in house shows across the country but never one on one encounters. They could have made TONS of money in a good worked up fued. I would have loved to have seen that match at a good PPV followed by house shows.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 07:54:04 AM »
I also hated how they did the Hogan/Flair fued in WCW when Hogan joined the nWo.  It made no sense to have Hogan still "hulking up" and beating Flair.  All the jobs Flair did for him, you would think Hogan could put Flair over a bit, but that was expecting too much from him.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 11:50:18 AM »
chef, I agree.  Imagine having Flair with the belt on him for a few months with Hogan chasing, but in true Nature Boy fashion, Flair keeps narrowly escaping.  Then have the big blowoff match at WM in a cage!  Huge !

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 01:28:49 PM »
I stood by the Federation. I'm so glad I didn't watch any of that. I didn't like any of the NWO guys when they worked for Vince. Except Hulkster, Perfect, and The Razor. Then they became totally different characters in WCW. But remeber that press conference before Mania with Sid, Macho, Hulk, and The Undertaker? When they annouced Hogan was going to face Flair for the title and Hogan was very gayly jumping around all happy. Hogan/Flair could have been the biggest Mania main event besides Hogan/Andre. Maybe even bigger if it was marketed correctly. It was always the "Dream Match" all wrestling fans talked about. Dropped the ball big time on that one.
That's what they should have done. I still don't understand why WWE chose to have Savage fued with Flair and Hogan with Sid.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 03:59:14 AM »

"Don't be ashamed of the butterfly's you got rumbling in that stomach right now." RF
Thats so bad ass. They could have done so much with this. VKM dropped the ball big time on this one.
"I'm here on your doorstep and I just bust that bubble you were living in".
Flair rocks and this funeral parlour interview was amazing.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2009, 03:52:05 PM »
maybe Flair could fight his daughter's boyfriend

RIP Bob Probert

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 04:07:54 AM »
"You know how long I had to listen to you talk about the 24" pythons Big Man?" RF

This was the first time they faced each other on TV. Historic. Apologies for continuing to whine over this. Flair vs. Hogan was so built up by word of mouth and wrestling magazines it was unbelievable. Then Flair arrived. Listen to the crowd in that interview. VKM doesn't like to promote stars he didn't create? Business is $$$$. Hogan vs. Flair would have been huge$$$$$$$$. A Mania main event that would always be talked about and always be watched over and over again. The question is? Why Vince why? Listen to the sincerity in Flairs voice when he goes on about "You know how long.........." Undertaker was going to super stardom whether he beat Hogan or not. Anyone could have seen that. He didn't need the push. 
Totally agreed. They could have cashed in large. A WM8 match plus a series of house shows ending in a cage match at summerslam in Wembley Stadium. Just imagine the $$$$$$$$$$$ had they gone that route.